Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #31
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

Well, most of you should be happy, seeing as you didn't like the guy. I personally didn't feel all that comfortable with their parring, but I was willing to give it a couple of months before I passed judgement.
I'm, however, very surprised by this news, I wonder what happened.

On a side note, some of you guys just make me sick. She needs to dump her boyfriend to start winning matches again? She's been dating him (probably) since the end of last year, and after their first official pictures she made the Roland Garros Finals. Just do yourselves a favor, and don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors. Especially not after one bad loss (I blame the grass at Wimbledon for that loss). Don't you want your favorite player do be happy? Or do you just follow her because she's pretty and wins a lot of matches?

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #32
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who Maria will end up working with in the long run? Anyone got a coach on their wish list?
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #33
country flag jacobruiz

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
you know what I mean....evert thought it was roguish charm....Maria just thought....what a dickhead.

Nelson, I think for once you're on to something. Maria worked with Jimmy for 34 days prior to the match, long enough to get pretty fed up with him. Maybe losing badly was just the last straw.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #34
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

I think it's got something to do during the preparation. Maria clearly had no game plan, no tactics, came in at the wrong time, rushing to finish points etc. She was doing all the wrong things.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #35
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

I like michael joyce.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #36
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see her work with someone who's followed the women's game but had really only worked with ATP players, that would be the best from a technical standpoint IMO.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #37
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future GrandMartha has a brilliant future

I don't know what to expect from her at the USO. Maybe another first round exit? Everything seems possible now. Please regroup and get back on track soon Masha
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #38
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

I've never felt so much Maria anxiety heading into a GS. She better not flop out early before I get to watch her play in person, although SS has been fairly unlucky when watching her live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #39
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Maria doesn't need Yuri back I can't undertand how after all those years of praying for him to leave her alone during events, suddenly someone would want him back. She's moved on from this. However hiring Connors sounded desperate in wake of Hogstedt's departure. Don't think she ever had Plan B and quite frankly the best option would be bringing TH back
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #40
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I wonder who Maria will end up working with in the long run? Anyone got a coach on their wish list?
Chris Evert. She's cool, she likes Maria and I would love to see the expression on Connors' face if Chris would win a major with Maria.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #41
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Maria doesn't need Yuri back I can't undertand how after all those years of praying for him to leave her alone during events, suddenly someone would want him back. She's moved on from this. However hiring Connors sounded desperate in wake of Hogstedt's departure. Don't think she ever had Plan B and quite frankly the best option would be bringing TH back
That would be an impossibility. She doesnt want to travel for the time being.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #42
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
That would be an impossibility. She doesnt want to travel for the time being.
I thought everyone agreed that the "doesn't want to travel" was PR-speak for him being fired.

Of course, whether he'd be happy to come back after being fired, even if Maria went grovelling back to him, is another matter. I personally certainly think getting him back, if possible, would be the best thing for her right now.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #43
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I very much doubt he was fired. Her results up until Wimbledon were great. I for one would like to try and not be skeptical and actually believe what was released for a change. Maybe thats naive
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #44
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
At least Thomas isn't coaching anyone at this stage. And I think Maria liked the fact that he kept things low key by not having so many social media accounts and better personality. I can totally understand the cut down of travel when you have a family.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #45
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

In all honesty I believe that Thomas left for personal reasons, and I also think that that had an effect on her flatness at Wimbledon, rather than the other way round.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote