most exciting prospect under 18?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: most exciting?

Donna VEKIC 38 39.18%
Ashleigh BARTY 6 6.19%
Taylor TOWNSEND 11 11.34%
Belinda BENCIC 7 7.22%
Ana KONJUH 29 29.90%
Other [please specify] 6 6.19%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #1
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of
most exciting prospect under 18??

which of the above do you think is the most exciting prospect under 18?
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: most exciting prospect under 18??

I meant to vote for Ana Konjuh. Or rather, I voted for Donna like a robot and then remembered that Ana beat Ursula earlier this year at Fed Cup a few months after turning 15, scoring a Top 30 win that soon is very precocious in this day and age.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

No Sinakova in the poll? failed thread

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #4
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

I think that both Vekic and Konjuh can be very succesful in the future, and I feel that some other young players who are not that strong already can also do well in the future.
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #5
country flag bbjpa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of

Barty ? 8 GS WCs and only one win against who ? Hradecka of course

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #6
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
No Sinakova in the poll? failed thread
you mean konjuh's lapdog with the funny technique? why would I add her
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #7
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think in my Order

1. Donna Vekic

2. Ashleigh Barty

3. Taylor Townsend

4. Ana Konjuh

5. Kateřina Siniaková

6. Francoise Abanda

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #8
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
you mean konjuh's lapdog with the funny technique? why would I add her
Her result have been pretty decent on the tour this year and If I right she is or not close too cracking the top 300, as for as her technique goes you can be success in tennis with any technique

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #9
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

If taking the title seriously, most exciting are Ash and Taylor who are very good doubles players at such a young age, in fact Barty is in the Top 20 with a Wta title and 2 GS finals this year.

If asking who will have most success, it is between Ash and Donna in my opinion. Also I think Konjuh can be good, but havent seen enough of her. Problem for Taylor is her fitness and lack of senior match play atm.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #10
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

tornado ali black..
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #11
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana Konjuh so far has the most impressive transition from juniors to pro tennis, rising up the ranks very fast so I voted for her.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjpa View Post
Barty ? 8 GS WCs and only one win against who ? Hradecka of course

2 GS finals, maybe? It's doubles, but none of these players reached anything closer

W. Faulkner
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #13
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

In today's game, its impossible to know what how a young player develops.
The game is very physical, everyone has to deal with injuries
What happens now is like Oudin. The hype comes from a few wins, not from high quality play.
I cant see anyone younger than Stephens ready to be a US Open factor, and even Stephens needs a decent week 1 draw to get to week 2
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #14
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Donna Vekic.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #15
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

Maria Shishkina
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote