Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #1
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

Do you think Papa Yuri might make a comeback in the interim? Joyce, maybe?

Who do you think should become her new coach? And why?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #2
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

i think she should at least call her dad for us open..

and regroup herself,her team, dump dimitrov and start playing for real again

i can't see her past R1 without coach there

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought Maria would allow this to happen

I'm kind of hoping for Yuri to come back, but I wish her and Tomas didn't have to split in the first place
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #4
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that she sacked Connors after just one match. You have to give a partnership at the very least six months before you know if it works or not. Of course these two aren't exactly lacking where ego is concerned and perhaps there's been a clash of personalities, I don't know.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

i'm very confused to be honest
i hope she will call Yuri for the US Open at least

Maria Sharapova
Pennetta Benčič Bouchard A.Radwańska Hingis Seleš Williams Golovin
Halep Ivanović Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Konjuh
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #6
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Im so confused. Is it actually confirmed yet? I'm sure Maria has her reasons if it is true. I just want to see my girl winning matches again!
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #7
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what to think of this.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #8
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

It's quite shocking for this to happen after just one loss/match, with Maria back from being off for over a month, and it was a loss that was entirely her UEs and bad movement's fault. There was probably a big blow up. Connors likely said something slick to Maria and she didn't take it so well or vice versa. At least that's what I want to believe happened. Otherwise, Shara looks really bad if this was just a reaction to one loss. I hate Maria being suddenly so messy after a pretty good first half of the season.

Dump Poodle Hair. Let others focus on the candy. Please, get it together.

Last edited by Icky80 : Aug 16th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #9
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see Marai as one to actually attend a tournament coachless, so I do think it will be Yuri.

Also it really official? There must have been a huge argument or something, it seems a little OTT from both to end a partnership after one match.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #10
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

What is she thinking? As others have said, it's more than the decision itself that's worrying, it's the fact that she's clearly being impulsive and has no plan.

I want her to try and get Hogstedt back for the USO (no-one else has signed him up yet have they?). Even though I was supportive of a coach change in theory, I did think it was a silly time to do it at this point in the season.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #11
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Yuri even if it's just for mental support during the US Open.
I just want to know what the hell happened with Maria and Connors. How can you seriously sack someone after losing one match and working together for a couple of weeks. I really don't understand the thought process here.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #12
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

Please bring back Yuri... Or ask Dementieva to coach her...

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #13
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Is this confirmed? I mean if it is this is the first time I'm genuinely disappointed with Martha's decision
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #14
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Is this confirmed? I mean if it is this is the first time I'm genuinely disappointed with Martha's decision
Yes, Max confirmed that.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

She could work with Robert Lansdorp while she's in Florida.
She needs to gatter herself, and in this case, working with someone she has known for a long time and whom she respects would be ideal.