** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 57 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #841
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post

Maria Sharapova

If you were a reality TV show what would your TV show name be?
I think my reality TV show would be very boring, so we’ll skip that one. (laughter)

If you could have any actor play you in your life story, who would it be?
I think Gwyneth Paltrow.

How do you like your eggs?
Poached.

Have you ever seen a UFO or a ghost?
I have not. (laughter)

Do you believe in either of them?
I haven’t really thought about it.

What side of the bed do you sleep on?
When I am at home on the right, but in hotels I change.

On a scale from 1-10 how weird do you think you are?
Extremely weird. Like, over the borderline weird.

So you would give yourself over 10?
Yeah, a lot

Photos by Monique Phipps for OnTheGoTennis
i loved and enjoyed those questions she must be tired of the same questions about her candies or tennis. USO is coming and then she will ask those boring questions, like what happened in that third set or what does she take from this loss in 2nd round of USO

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #842
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova

CINCINNATI, OHIO

S. STEPHENS/M. Sharapova
2‑6, 7‑6, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Maria, obviously, your first match in several months. Is that just part of what you think it was out there, just a lack of match play?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I thought I started the match off pretty well, but when you put yourself in a really good position you can't let it go. That's what I did tonight.
I didn't continue what I was doing well for the first set and a half, and that hurt me.

Q. What were some of those things you think you stopped doing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You know, I stopped being patient. I started making a lot more errors, especially off the first ball. Just errors that I shouldn't make. Obviously I haven't played in a long time, but I can't make that excuse for myself because I've got to be ready from the first match.
So it's obviously disappointing, but that's the way it goes in this game.

Q. Did you think that the errors were just kind of coming from you kind of without any provocation, or was that something Sloane was doing, like the defense or something that was putting pressure on you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Sloane is a really great retriever. She makes you hit a lot of balls, and sometimes you think it's a really great shot but it keeps coming back. You just have to make her hit ‑ not just her, but your opponent ‑ a few extra times.
That's just not something I did towards the end of the second and the third.

Q. What's your plan going to New York now? Obviously a shorter week here than you would have liked, less match prep. Are you just going to keep practicing? Nothing like New Haven or anything?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. Just more practice is all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, it's better than no practice, so yeah.

Q. Did you get a chance to implement anything that you'd been working on with Conners now that you guys are working together? Yeah, how did that work out for at least the one match that you were able to do that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You know, there's nothing that I'm going to go into a match and change drastically about my game. Obviously I didn't lose today because I didn't implement what we were working on. The things that we're working on, I think, are to improve with the game I have.
So, obviously, it's tough to lose at this stage, but just got to keep working hard and keep moving forward.

Q. Maria, back to the scheduling question. You played one match between Wimbledon and the US Open. Why wouldn't you consider taking a wild card and trying to get some more matches somewhere else?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Because I'm planning on playing a lot of matches in New York, and just for the body it's tough to play a week before if you're planning on doing extremely well in that event. I've just never done it in my career, so why start now?

Q. How do you think Sloane played? You've played here several times before, the French Open notably; fairly routine for you for the most part. What was different this time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think our matches are always tough. She puts up a really great fight. She's improved so much over the last year, and that's definitely visible. We haven't played on hard in a long time.
But like I said, I mean, if I kept doing the right things that I was doing up 6‑2 and 2‑1 with the break, I wouldn't have to talk about how well she's playing.
So it's just focusing a little bit more until the end of the match and not letting go of the opportunity that I created for myself.

Q. Are there specific things that she's doing better than in Paris you could point out?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's different. You know me. I don't like to compare matches too much. But a lot of credit to her for hanging in there today and playing really solid and making me go for more than I had to.

Q. Physically, this was the first match that you've played since injuring your hip and all that sort of stuff. Everything kind of work out, at least physically, okay? Happy with how your body reacted?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, my hip is feeling good. That's why I took a little extra time to come back, to make sure that I was healthy in that area.

Q. Any challenges with the weather being cooler and the wind? It's not normally this cold. The cool air.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Cold? I wouldn't go that far. If this is cold, I don't know. Should have been in Europe with us this summer.
No, I think we like cooler, obviously. In Cincinnati we know what to expect with the hot conditions. I enjoy playing in the heat because I kind of grew up with that, but I think we'd take an evening like this any time.

Q. Just your first match with Jimmy sitting courtside, how was that sort of presence different for you? I saw that you looked over some, not a lot, but some to him.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's great to have his support. And as I said, I mean, I'm enjoying being part of his experience and him‑‑ you know, just the understanding of certain situations. He's been there, done that. It's just nice to have.
But when you're out on the court, if it gets to 5‑All or 6‑all in the third set, you're worrying about you and your opponent and, to be honest, not so much what's around you or your coach or the crowd.
You're so into the match. That's how I always hope to be, is when I go on the court, everything that I did, just have to go out and trust that and not really think about anything else.

Q. You're pretty good at sort of putting the losses behind you. Is that going to be the case today here as well?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: That's the plan.

Q. So is your plan to continue to train in Cincinnati and then move to New York or just go to New York immediately from here?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I'll probably go to Florida. Yeah, I train there a lot. I have a home there, so pretty close. Thank you.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #843
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova calls time on Jimmy Connors

Neil Harman Tennis Correspondent, Cincinnati
Published at 12:01AM, August 16 2013

It seems as if it was not much fun while it lasted. Maria Sharapova’s experiment of bringing Jimmy Connors, winner of eight grand-slam titles, in to coach her is believed to have involved a single defeat and a few practice sessions before the player decided it was not going to work.

It is understood a call was made to the former world No 1 yesterday saying that Sharapova’s loss to Sloane Stephens in the second round of the Western & Southern Open was the first and also last straw.

It had appeared an unlikely liaison, Connors stepping into the WTA Tour to work with a player who had already won all there is to win on an individual basis in the sport. If it is over after one match, it adds another twist to a crazy week in the women’s game.

Connors has been lured to coach only once before, by Andy Roddick, his fellow American, for 18 months between late 2006 and the early part of 2008 before they parted, as Connors found it more and more difficult to do the job on what was essentially a part-time basis. There was barely time with Sharapova to get on to a first-name basis.

It was thought that during her defeat by Stephens, the American, Sharapova might have been keener to impress Connors than to play her natural game. The unforced errors from her racket almost flooded the court and Connors was captured more than once on camera shaking his head.
He beat a hasty retreat from the grounds at the end of the match but it is highly likely that he would have left the Russian in no doubt as to what he felt about her performance.

If the strong rumours circulating the Lindner Tennis Centre here are correct, Sharapova will enter the US Open without anyone in her corner and with a raft of questions to be answered as to why the Connors appointment fell apart so quickly.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3844449.ece
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #844
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #845
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

What a mess.

I'd say stick with him a little longer at least but only Maria and those involved knows what it was really like. Maybe she didn't feel it worked between them at all. She did seem to have a good relationship with Thomas and it's a shame he decided to stop coaching (assuming reports are accurate).

Hopefully she can get this sorted out.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #846
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord

#PrayForMasha at the USO
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #847
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Maria Sharapova

CINCINNATI, OHIO

S. STEPHENS/M. Sharapova
2‑6, 7‑6, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Maria, back to the scheduling question. You played one match between Wimbledon and the US Open. Why wouldn't you consider taking a wild card and trying to get some more matches somewhere else?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Because I'm planning on playing a lot of matches in New York, and just for the body it's tough to play a week before if you're planning on doing extremely well in that event. I've just never done it in my career, so why start now?

i hope she will play a lot of matches in NY

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #848
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Well Connor's tweet "Every good round starts with a bogey-- Not the start we wanted, so back to work tomorrow." seemed fine after that loss...the article contained no direct quotes. Journalism is journalism.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #849
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

it's so unlike of Maria to do such thing
what's going on?

Belinda Benčič Poova Legend Sarin Flavietta Tati Agatha Vinas Devilsova Ajde
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #850

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 7m
Now it's official: here's a statement from Sharapova on splitting with coach Connors Split: "Not the right fit for this time in my career"
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #851
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Good.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #852
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, never should have hired that sexist pig in the first place. Now hating on Thomas for leaving her.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #853
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what will happen now?I say get Robert Landsdorp back on board.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #854
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Lansdorp's strokes, while explosive, are often very flawed or lead to injury (Maria's shoulder is a prime example).

But IDK, I've heard reports that Maria misses a lot in practice, and the basic rally UEs have never faded since she came back. It seems she really needs to be drilled and whipped into a higher standard. Lansdorp is notorious for that.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #855

Matt Cronin on the Sharapova-Connors split:
Quote:
No one who has spent a fair amount of time around Sharapova and Connors were surprised that they split after just a month. In fact, folks close to both were surprised that they were going to try out a full time coaching pupil relationships to begin with. Neither is easy going, they are both Type-A personalities with a lot to say about everything and have very definitive ways of seeing how the sport should be played. The only tangible thing that Connors could have given to Sharapova was enough self-belief to really know she has enough game to beat Serena. He couldn’t help her with two areas of her game where she really needs help – her second serve and her volley. She thought that he could teach her his wise ways, but she is not that trusting of a person, or that patient, so the impression he made in the first couple of weeks of their partnership could not have been a good one.

The last time they worked together, for to weeks back in 2007, she had a couple of buffers around her in her traveling coach Michael Joyce and her dad Yuri. This time around it was one on one and I cannot imagine how she took to some of his very direct comments when – and this is very important to realize – he has rarely followed her career closely or women’s tennis at all so she probably didn’t think he was offering anything of real value in the context of her (not his) career.

So Sharapova pulled the rip cord quickly and now will head to the US Open without a full time coach, but likely with someone in tow, possibly one of her hitting partners, maybe even her dad or possibly one of her boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov’s Swedish coaches. For more info, here is the news story I wrote on it this morning.
http://tinyurl.com/m5lglqp