Jelena's 2013 comeback - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #91
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena's 2013 comeback

No, nothing. It's either AO WC playoff 2014 or retirement.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #92
country flag Justine's Lips

Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice Justine's Lips is just really nice

I'll give her a call tomorrow.
Justine's Lips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #93
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

I MISS JELLY!!

TT D: 39 (High:18) 2014: (MD:22-21)(Q:0-3). Overall -(152-146).
Titles: 4. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: - (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM   #94
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

She could be retiring and the 'talks' with TA are about it meaning the Aussie swing will be her last 3 events of her career, give her WCs to all of them. I'd rather she go out that way, even though fading away into oblivion is more fitting given her history.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:36 PM   #95
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
She could be retiring and the 'talks' with TA are about it meaning the Aussie swing will be her last 3 events of her career, give her WCs to all of them. I'd rather she go out that way, even though fading away into oblivion is more fitting given her history.

I don't expect Jelena to make a retirement announcement... It's not her style!

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #96
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
I don't see the point of setting her up for three lopsided R1 losses in events she isn't prepared for when those WCs can be used for players more committed to the sport. I don't even think she could win a match at the $50K ITF level right now.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #97
country flag jela_dokic

jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light

Is she playing again??? When??? something new???

Jelena Dokic
Angelique Kerber
Mirjana Lucic

Sabine Lisicki, Elena Baltacha, Julia Goerges
jela_dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #98
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jela_dokic View Post
Is she playing again??? When??? something new???
I don't think so; just people speculating about the future.

I hope Jelena's paying attention to this US Open and seeing the success of players who are *OLDER THAN SHE IS*. Of course, I know it's relentless injuries, rather than age, that has dogged her footsteps, but still, I can't help but hope she's inspired to see not just Serena but Li and Pennetta still going strong. All of them have successfully come back from injuries, too.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #99
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie janie View Post
I don't think so; just people speculating about the future.

I hope Jelena's paying attention to this US Open and seeing the success of players who are *OLDER THAN SHE IS*. Of course, I know it's relentless injuries, rather than age, that has dogged her footsteps, but still, I can't help but hope she's inspired to see not just Serena but Li and Pennetta still going strong. All of them have successfully come back from injuries, too.
Yes she had injuries, but to be honest she had motivation problems primarily. She was never the same after she came back from her extended hiatus despite a few good runs (AO, WTA title and another final).
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #100
country flag MilanDokic

MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold MilanDokic is a splendid one to behold

Jelena will be in Australia in a few days.
MilanDokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #101
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanDokic View Post
Jelena will be in Australia in a few days.
I would absolutely love if she played the ITF events at the end of the year.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #102
country flag Dokic Pierce
How Very Dare You!

Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of Dokic Pierce has much to be proud of

Could it be true?

Upcoming ITF's in Oz:

9 Sep - $15K Toowoomba
16 Sep - $15K Cairns
30 Sep - $25K Perth
7 Oct - $25K Margaret River
21 Oct - $50K Bendigo
28 Oct - $50K Bendigo
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #103
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

LETS HOPE SO

TT D: 39 (High:18) 2014: (MD:22-21)(Q:0-3). Overall -(152-146).
Titles: 4. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: - (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #104
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!! If true, then amazing! And great idea to play the Aussie ITF's for hopefully some easy wins and a lot of time on court building her game back up.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #105
country flag MaryT

MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all MaryT is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Jelena's 2013 comeback

Is not there a good team around her? Trainers, psychologists, planners..?
Why the mystery about Jelena
MaryT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote