US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #1
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Last edited by Vartan : Aug 20th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Good Luck Maria
2 weeks to train hard
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #3
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

US Open 2013: Maria, please just win a match or two...

Probably the least amount of confidence I've had in Maria heading into the Open since 2009. Even in those two lost years of 2010 and 2011, she had great Cincinnati performances leading into New York that gave you a boost as a fan making you feel good about the coming last Slam. But, this year, man, 1 match since Wimbledon and 1 win since the French semis. Tough way to go.

The pressure is off, though, so at least I can watch more relaxed. Maria has nothing to lose(unlike with Serena, that phrase is much more appropriate in this case) and she can only get better.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #4
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
US Open 2013: Maria, please just win a match or two...

Probably the least amount of confidence I've had in Maria heading into the Open since 2009. Even in those two lost years of 2010 and 2011, she had great Cincinnati performances leading into New York that gave you a boost as a fan making you feel good about the coming last Slam. But, this year, man, 1 match since Wimbledon and 1 win since the French semis. Tough way to go.

The pressure is off, though, so at least I can watch more relaxed. Maria has nothing to lose(unlike with Serena, that phrase is much more appropriate in this case) and she can only get better.
I hope to god Maria uses that phrase in some pre-us open interview. Would be a good omen

Hopefully she will surprise us all here
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #5
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully a nice easy start will let her find her feet and we can go from there. If she draws someone like Mladenovic first round I'm going to be pissed.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #6
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

A cake couple of rounds and she'll be fine. I still think she has great chances for a deep run here.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

let's do this
we need to start with an easy 1st round please
all this hard work and workouts will pay off im sure

Belinda Benčič Poova Legend Sarin Flavietta Tati Agatha Vinas Devilsova Ajde
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #8
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I try to be realistic...coach transition, no play during six weeks, but I still can't stand how bloody awful she played missing all chances (though she was not bad in the first set). And of course she didn't take WC....stupid practice all over again, she needs real warming up, how she can't understand that, oh, forgot Sugarpova....BIG FAT ZERO expectations for USO....R4 would be awesome, oh gosh and she is world #3... Sorry for all this pessimism, but now I need a serious break from all Pova relating, just check the score on Aug 27, hope it will be positive. Bye all.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

sigh.

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #10
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm really pessimistic about the rest of the season after seeing her performance last night, I don't even know if she can make it to the second week and it's really weird because she was having such a great season. I still don't understand the coach change and seeing how Connors acted during her match was even more of a let down for me. I hope she proves me wrong but it really feels like she is going backwards, hope she just needs some time to adjust to the new "gameplan"
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #11
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

So pessimistic
Think of all the years where her great performances in Cincy translated to deep USO runs... Oh wait
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #12
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
So pessimistic
Think of all the years where her great performances in Cincy translated to deep USO runs... Oh wait
I've never been pessimistic before even when she was to play Serena I always believed but after last night...no words I'm not saying her career is over or she's not going to win anything significant ever again but I don't think she can fix all those problems we saw last night until the USO especially if she isn't even going to play anymore matches
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #13
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Yea I understand, I don't think she'll win the USO this time round too. But that Cincy loss is hardly the worst, I mean definitely one of the worst, but she's been giving us less shitfests these 2 years so we're spoilt

As always, she'll bounce back, but probably not in time for New York.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #14
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

you all forgot what a fighter she is
#positive attitude

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #15
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Yea I understand, I don't think she'll win the USO this time round too. But that Cincy loss is hardly the worst, I mean definitely one of the worst, but she's been giving us less shitfests these 2 years so we're spoilt

As always, she'll bounce back, but probably not in time for New York.
Yep exactly. I think she'll be back on track for next year, but it pisses me off because there was nothing wrong with her game with Hoggy she's just not good on grass anymore this change just seams totally unnecessary for me and I think someone so high-profile as Jimmy won't be a long term collaboration. And I think if she was with Hoggy she could have won the USO if she got lucky and something happened to Serena. Now 2013 seems kind of like a wasted year to me.

EDIT: when I say something happened to Serena I mean if she lost not like if she got injured