Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #166
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

It was her first match in nearly two months. Not just that, but she also came back from a hip injury, under a new coach.

Give the girl a break already. She's not perfect.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #167
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I only watched the first set so I was surprised to see she lost and made over 60 UE I think Mexicola is right when it comes to the coach change. It takes time for the results to kick in when you change a coach and especially when it comes to Maria I think as we saw with Hoggy when they started working together. I'm not saying Connors won't improve her game but I also agree if there are going to be positives from this collaboration it will take a while. And that's fine if the player had some major problems before changing coaches, but honestly I never understood why she changed Hoggy besides the Wimbledon loss which I don't think was his fault she was having a very good season I don't think she called Connors after she lost the 2d set and we all remember some of Hoggy's pep talks and the difference they've made. And I can't see her having this kind of relationship with Jimmy, it feels like he's there more to prove himself than to help her. I don't know we'll see but I'm not very positive about Connors.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #168
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Oh and she was offered a WC for New Haven but she declined saying she is going back to Florida to train...Don't know what to make of that
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #169
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

So disappointing. Really not confident for the US Open, just sort of want this season to be over and done with.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #170
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i left the TV at 4-4 in the second set and thought, Maria will win it in the end somehow with that crappy playing but the result in the morning she had to get even worse in that third set

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #171
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well ... I am still confident she will make a good run at the USO
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #172

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Though at least at the USO she should get an easy couple of opponents to start with...
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #173
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I watched until 4:1 in the third. Solid first set and then it was just a classic shitfest after being 2:0 up in the second. Her BH Anyway, I think the horrific performance and loss is a result of a couple of factors: the layoff, hip injury and coaching change. But I think there is another huge factor at stake here, related to Connors being her coach. I couldn't help but notice that Maria didn't call him to the court, when she would have obviously called Hoggy, and I think she put a lot of pressure to prove herself to Jimmy in this first match, partially 'causing her to implode this badly. I don't know what to expect from the Open, but hopefully, she can sort at least some of these problems in her head. And why is she being so stubborn and declining the NH wild card, she so clearly needs more competitive matches?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #174
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, 3/4 last matches lost.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon. View Post
Oh god, 3/4 last matches lost.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #176
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

to be fair, she played grand total of 3 matches since RG final...so not only she's rusty as hell, but lacks match confidence and conditioning too. She'd really well to play some semi-serious exhibition matches before the Open starts and to shake off all the cobwebs this way. But I'm sure Maria is experienced and smart enough to realize this herself too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #177
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

as i said from the fist moment when i heard that jimbo is gonna coach her that i don't like that...

what the hell was that, moonballing, pushing she is to tall and to clumsy for running around all court, so she lost... but she played some nice slice point, few volleys from baseline and in court.. but she lost, and that is what count..

maybe is good for her that she lost, now she can think and see what went wrong. having a coach who is facepalming himself when she is making errors, and which doesn't come on court to give her advice and feedback is not good... we will be all crying for thomas who was cheering on her while she was losing and fistpumping and on court he always gave her positive words and great energy, he knew how to calm her down.. as player when you see your own coach facepalming himself is not good for your confidence...

so masha get back your shit together.. and be agressive big bitch as usual :guns:

onto us open

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #178
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
It was her first match in nearly two months. Not just that, but she also came back from a hip injury, under a new coach.

Give the girl a break already. She's not perfect.
this.
lighten up people
(S) New Haven 2012 (D) AO 2014 (w/Zenith.), Miami 2014

Sharapova Pennetta Hingis Benčič A.Radwańska Williams Golovin Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Bouchard Konjuh Davenport
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #179
country flag fanofmaria

fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice fanofmaria is just really nice

Yep, here I sit sip'n my morning coffee at work. My ulcer from watching last night match is easing and Maria is still #3, beautiful and this arse kicking will inspire her for the USO!
Good day Masha fans.

Thx,
FOM
fanofmaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #180
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

No way should she be losing to Sloane.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote