Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #136
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
She desperately needs to play New Haven imo, but I don't know how likely that is.
EXTREMELY unlikely. I just can't see it happening

Rusty or not, Maria was really bad.

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #137
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

That was plain horrific
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #138
country flag istase2000

istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all

I couldn't believe what I was seeing
istase2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #139
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

IDEK what it was. At times it just looked like '10 BBB mess, perhaps with her current technique she just isn't fit to pull that off. It's ridiculous to even mention Connors as a fault here though, because a lot of it was also her worst Hoggy antics.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #140
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
IDK, there is a chance of New Haven. It would be similar to her '10 RG prep in that regard.

And she's played three matches in the past 10/11 weeks so it won't affect her physically, especially with the day off between matches at the USO.
Plus, I think she would get a 1st-round bye in NH, so it would only be 4 matches. I really hope so....but for some reason, I have the feeling Connors would steer her away from that
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #141
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Better here than at the open I guess When's the last time she went on a match losing streak?
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #142
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
IDEK what it was. At times it just looked like '10 BBB mess, perhaps with her current technique she just isn't fit to pull that off. It's ridiculous to even mention Connors as a fault here though, because a lot of it was also her worst Hoggy antics.
Yeah, I really don't think this performance was due to any changes Connors has made to her game...I know some people have said she was pushing, but I actually thought she was trying to play pretty aggressively, it's just she had no timing ATALL, and when she took some pace off, Stephens being a pretty good mover was managing to chase those shots down in the 2nd and 3rd sets and was frustrating her into errors.

I've NEVER seen her backhand so awful though.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #143
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
Better here than at the open I guess When's the last time she went on a match losing streak?
Technically YEC '11. Tokyo/Beijing '10 (just realised she's ruined her opening round streak since then ). 2010 I think Zheng in Miami and then a clay loss.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #144
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

The thing is she was not MOVING at all, she seemed SO SLOW. And why did not she call Connors for on-court coaching. We saw couple of backhand volleys that were ok-ish though.

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #145
country flag jameshazza

The loss doesn't really bother me because disgusting performances like this have been very rare these past couple of years or more.

It's annoying though that Sloane wanted to choke, and that easy FH miss on the BP for 5-4*
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #146
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #147
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yeah, I really don't think this performance was due to any changes Connors has made to her game...I know some people have said she was pushing, but I actually thought she was trying to play pretty aggressively, it's just she had no timing ATALL, and when she took some pace off, Stephens being a pretty good mover was managing to chase those shots down in the 2nd and 3rd sets and was frustrating her into errors.

I've NEVER seen her backhand so awful though.
No never seen the BH that bad either. Very, very rare it goes off like that.

Really what she needs to do is basically stick to Hoggy tactics, only not go CC/behind constantly. She should never do that for more than 2 shots in a row, so many rallies extended and points lost because of her refusal to go DTL. But then with her technique and refusal to bend her knees it's harder to go DTL.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #148
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Loss doesn't bother me at all. Sloane is not really a scrub in my opinion and if Martha comes out in this form she's bound to lose to anyone.

Hope her camp realises that she desperately needs matches and sign up for New Haven.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #149
country flag malthof200

malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, just WOW!!!!
malthof200 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #150
country flag jameshazza

Also, Maria better pound this Bitch the next four meetings, and then remind her of her words at the net.