Do you guys remember Martina Hingis' one-handed backhand topspin dtl winner... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #1
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
Do you guys remember Martina Hingis' one-handed backhand topspin dtl winner...

...at 3-5 in the 3rd set against Venus Williams, Wimbledon '00 QF?! Wow, what a crazy shot. What was she thinking? It came at the end of a long rally that she clearly wanted to end, but wow what a strange yet surprisingly successful choice to go to one hand. GREAT THIRD SET.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM   #2
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you guys remember Martina Hingis' one-handed backhand topspin dtl winner...

Of course! If I remember correctly it was down the line, and was hit on the run. Martina had hit a few crazy one-handed backhands throughout her career. I think she hit one in '99 RG Final. It wasn't a winner, but still pretty impressive.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 04:42 AM   #3
country flag Andre@

Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all
Re: Do you guys remember Martina Hingis' one-handed backhand topspin dtl winner...

I upload it to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoNyGyRDgNw
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #4
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

of course i remember it!an incredible match although venus won it...martina deserved winning
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #5
country flag MHingisfan

MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice

Of course I do!
MHingisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #6
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I remember that shot. It was so impressive!
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #7
country flag TheNexus

TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of TheNexus has much to be proud of

Sorry for digging up this old thread - I made a video of her one-handers (that I know of).

Last edited by TheNexus : Aug 25th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
TheNexus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #8
country flag MHingisfan

MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNexus View Post
Sorry for digging up this old thread - I made a video of her one-handers (that I know of).

Thanks for the video to remind me of the great shots of Martina.