According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1306
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all
Re: According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Sorry, but simply comparing USA with Russia's politics is ridiculous. No country is perfect, but USA is a democracy and Russia is a fake one (sorry, but no real democracy vote on such controversial issue and get and unanimous vote).
Well, you can see democracy as the optimum, but that does not mean, US of A has different views on the same topic as Russia. In fact, they share the same view on a lot of things and topics. Obama spent over billions of american US-dollars to get into Capitol Hill and the White House....

Similar money is spent in russia.

The only difference is, that Moscow is the centre while in America, each state can have their own crazy law...

Quote:
Mixing sports with politics is not a good idea
That is what the olympic spirit is (officially) about... And that is why I was asking @tennisbum79, why he was so interested in Sharapova's opinion in particular.

Quote:
boycott
In 1936 there was no boycott. A black man was running and winning in front of Adolf Hitler...

Only politicians can make a judgement as in 1964 with South Africa, and not a single athlete. Russia is a power house. They have power, they have money, they have leverage, formula one, athletics grand prix meetings and world championships, FIFA, etc.

But an athlete cannot make a change. Of course, a single one can say, 'I don't go there', but others will participate.
M@chete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1307
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post
Why is Sharapova's opinion important to you? Why not Svetlana Kuznetsova for instance or (Serena Williams)?

Were chinese athletes asked about politics in their country before the 2008 Olympics?

Overall, why should athletes make public statements about (politics and/or) gay marriage? Were american athletes asked about gay marriage in the US of A recently? About the "American Family Association" in the US of A, who fears gay marriage the same way as pedophilia and sodomy?

Had american atheletes/tennis players made any statements about civil rights and liberties in the US of A, domestic and international surveillance by the NSA?

Like all of these happen or happened.
You can argue the validity of having athletes as spokespeople and role models for communities, but you can't deny that it doesn't happen. People like and listen to athletes and trust them even on issues outside their expertise.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1308
country flag Slamniacki

Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all Slamniacki is a name known to all

so Grigor likes women with mustache?

interesting
Slamniacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #1309
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Like all of these happen or happened.
You can argue the validity of having athletes as spokespeople and role models for communities, but you can't deny that it doesn't happen. People like and listen to athletes and trust them even on issues outside their expertise.
People listen you say, yes. But it has nothing to do with athletes.

That is why I don't expect an answer by @tennisbum79, because he seems to be a little, not very intelligent troll.

I mean, in Iran there is no Burger King or McDonald's or olympia. Should politicians now send @tennisbum79 to investigate why?
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1310
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People listen you say, yes. But it has nothing to do with athletes.

That is why I don't expect an answer by @tennisbum79, because he seems to be a little, not very intelligent troll.

I mean, in Iran there is no Burger King or McDonald's or olympia. Should politician now send @tennisbum79 to investigate why?
It has everything to do with athletes. A big thing with the recent Biogenesis and MLB steroids controversy was how the players perpetuate a culture of steroid-use because they don't realize their impact on upcoming athletes and the public.

Li Na is constantly challenging the Chinese media and public of their portrayal. And the very public spat and split between a few Chinese players and the Chinese tennis system says leaps and bounds about their feelings of the policies.

Athletes have been called again and again to comment on gay marriage. Athlete Ally is a very public movement, and include tennis players like Rennae Stubbs, Andy Roddick, and Mardy Fish. The week of the superbowl in the US there was a lot of discussion of athletes supporting gay marriage and reporters were not barred from asking those questions.

The Jason Collins story being front page news for Sports Illustrated?

Athletes in this age, especially with twitter, are expected to comment semi-intelligently on the issues of the day. They have a huge influence, even more than politicians and civil servants, on how the public responds. Homosexuality wasn't part of that dicussion in the US for a while, but it is increasingly becoming one. And I hope Maria does what she thinks is right, and not whats best for her brand.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1311
country flag M@chete

Quote:
Li Na is constantly challenging the Chinese media and public of their portrayal.
Oh dear... HHAHAHAZHAH Did you get that from foxnews?

Li Na is living in China. They don't let her in, if she was supporting the US-FOX-NEWS-Media-China-is-so-bad! LOL

I'M WITH STUPID-US-AMERICANS-T-Shirt...
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1312
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Ana Ivanovic on Grigor Dimitrov:

"For me, Dimitrov is the most attractive man on tour. He is an amazing talent and I expect him to break in the Top 10 soon. I was happy when I found out that Dimitrov and Sharapova are together. They both deserve each other and they are a good match."
Source?
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1313
country flag MarilynRose

MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future MarilynRose has a brilliant future

Quote:
It has everything to do with athletes. A big thing with the recent Biogenesis and MLB steroids controversy was how the players perpetuate a culture of steroid-use because they don't realize their impact on upcoming athletes and the public.

Li Na is constantly challenging the Chinese media and public of their portrayal. And the very public spat and split between a few Chinese players and the Chinese tennis system says leaps and bounds about their feelings of the policies.

Athletes have been called again and again to comment on gay marriage. Athlete Ally is a very public movement, and include tennis players like Rennae Stubbs, Andy Roddick, and Mardy Fish. The week of the superbowl in the US there was a lot of discussion of athletes supporting gay marriage and reporters were not barred from asking those questions.

The Jason Collins story being front page news for Sports Illustrated?

Athletes in this age, especially with twitter, are expected to comment semi-intelligently on the issues of the day. They have a huge influence, even more than politicians and civil servants, on how the public responds. Homosexuality wasn't part of that dicussion in the US for a while, but it is increasingly becoming one. And I hope Maria does what she thinks is right, and not whats best for her brand.
Anthony having an intelligent conversation with him is not going to happen he's just here to get attention
MarilynRose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1314
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

It's beyond my understanding how some people can discuss about some people's relationships for months.

A proud fan of
Sergiy Stakhovsky
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #1315
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's beyond my understanding how some people can discuss about some people's relationships for months.
A testament of Her impact.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #1316
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamniacki View Post
so Grigor likes women with mustache?

interesting
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1317
country flag M@chete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRose View Post
Anthony having an intelligent conversation with him is not going to happen he's just here to get attention
Yes, Anthony. Don't make your own choice. Listen to people like @tennisbum79 or @MarilynRose
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1318
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
A testament of Her impact.
Regardless of that, this is just stupid. Just like the whole fuss about the royal baby. It's like people don't have their own personal lives to think about. Yes, I'm glad that Masha and Grigor are happy, I'm glad that Kate gave a birth to a child, I'm glad that Kanye and Kim are buying/wearing this or that, but enough is enough.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #1319
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Sofia - Bulgary

By Easter Bunny

Ana Ivanovic on Grigor Dimitrov:

"For me, Dimitrov is the most attractive man on tour. He is an amazing talent and I expect him to break in the Top 10 soon. I was happy when I found out that Dimitrov and Sharapova are together. They both deserve each other and they are a good match."
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
on blue an green clay, which are absolutely different surfaces to the red clay at Philippe Chatrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
she certainly lit a torch up yo ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
Things lose their charm the minute money becomes involved.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #1320
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You already got your answer, Maria wasn't asked so far (AFAIK). Now I would like to know, why Maria's opinion about russian law is so important to you in the first place.
She carried the Russian flag at the last Olympic games.
She lives in the USA, where this sort of thing is not tolerated.
Also, I believe she has friends who are gay or lesbian.

And as I clearly stated, other players, Russians or not, will be asked this question.
You seem to be acting as if Maria is being persecuted.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote