2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #76
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra is playing Legend in Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
It should be - add 6 hours for Czech time.

But it's "not before 4pm", so if the first three matches take a long while it could be later.
Yeah, I know, that's good because I will be able to see it!

P.S.: I've found the stream for that doubles match so it really looks great!
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #77
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Petra last match on Centre Court tomorrow:

Not before 7:00 p.m.
[1] S Williams (USA) vs F Schiavone (ITA)
[6] P Kvitova (CZE) vs [WC] E Bouchard (CAN) or A Kleybanova (RUS)

Very late for those of us in Europe
pling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #78
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Oh, come on!

EDIT:
Could you record it, Shifty?
Quote:
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #79
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nah,it's like 2nd dinner time

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #80
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:

Eurosport won't even be showing this live then.

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

And she said : I thank them . ( and she start smiling )
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #81
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: D+ Petra is playing Canadian princess Genie in Toronto

My favourite against my favourite up and comer

She (Simona) said in her last interview when she was asked by an romanian jurnalist ,what does she thinks about the foreign media who keeps ignoring her?

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #82
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: Petra beat Canadian princess Genie in Toronto

Solid from Petra today

on we go

Centre Court 11:00 a.m. [3] A Radwanska (POL) vs [14] S Stephens (USA)
Not before 1:00 p.m. [16] A Ivanovic (SRB) vs [4] N Li (CHN)
Not before 2:30 p.m. [1] S Williams (USA) vs [13] K Flipkens (BEL)
Not before 7:00 p.m. [6] P Kvitova (CZE) vs C Suarez Navarro (ESP) or [12] S Stosur (AUS)
pling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #83
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

She destroyed BFFs laura and genie
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #84
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't impressed, want to see how she handles actual opponent

her BP conversion

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #85
country flag RogerKvitova

RogerKvitova has disabled reputation

Andy Murray said on Twitter...

'just watched end of bouchard vs kvitova.. good match to watch.. bouchard one for the future for sure... kvitova looks to be playing v well'

RogerKvitova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #86
country flag Edmond Dantčs

Edmond Dantčs is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra wins 6-3 6-2

Match was slightly closer than the scoreline suggests, but it was a good performance. She got a little fortuitous at 2-2 in the 2nd set when she nearly double faulted to go a break down - think she was due some luck...lately it seems as though when things could go wrong, they have gone wrong (Murphy's Law).

This is probably the best she is moving since the start of last year. It does look like reality has finally dawned on her after what happened at Wimbledon.

Still too early to say her form is definitely on the upward slope, however at least I can now glimpse it in the distance. For most of the last 18months it has been shrouded in thick fog.

Tougher test tomorrow against Sam. It is the first night match.
Edmond Dantčs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #87
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

so today sam she lost last time against her and back then sam was in much more worse shape if she wins that will bring her a lot of confidence i think.. but it will be tough 3-set match with lot of ahitfest i suppose

anyway GL to her, if she wins that match i believe that she can go to the final

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #88
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKvitova View Post
Andy Murray said on Twitter...

'just watched end of bouchard vs kvitova.. good match to watch.. bouchard one for the future for sure... kvitova looks to be playing v well'

Nice to see Andy appreciating two of my players

Impressed with Kvitova on a lot of levels.

Her fitness has improved dramatically since Wimbledon, it's no surprise her ball striking is getting back to its best as she's getting into better positions to hit more comfortably.

Her volleying at the net, has it always been GOAT like?

Attitude is much better lately too, seems much more positive and fired up.

A few lapses here and there, she's still 40-15 up and ending up facing break points, needs to keep her concentration up, against tougher opponents these lapses will prove costly.

Good to see her routine matches starting to become routine matches.

The Sam match will be a good test, she's playing really well at the moment.

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #89
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Solid from Petra today

on we go

Not before 7:00 p.m. [6] P Kvitova (CZE) vs C Suarez Navarro (ESP) or [12] S Stosur (AUS)
Those Canadians really don't want me to sleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I wasn't impressed, want to see how she handles actual opponent

her BP conversion
Yeah, she should work on many things but I see it in positive way.
Plus, Genie played very well fearless tennis which took many BP from Petra. But she handle it and she will play better in next match so who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
so today sam she lost last time against her and back then sam was in much more worse shape if she wins that will bring her a lot of confidence i think.. but it will be tough 3-set match with lot of ahitfest i suppose

anyway GL to her, if she wins that match i believe that she can go to the final
Her serve will decide if it will be in 2 or 3 sets. Sam is dangerous opponent but if Petra served well through out most of the match, it would be very competitive match or better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Nice to see Andy appreciating two of my players

Impressed with Kvitova on a lot of levels.

Her fitness has improved dramatically since Wimbledon, it's no surprise her ball striking is getting back to its best as she's getting into better positions to hit more comfortably.

Her volleying at the net, has it always been GOAT like?

Attitude is much better lately too, seems much more positive and fired up.

A few lapses here and there, she's still 40-15 up and ending up facing break points, needs to keep her concentration up, against tougher opponents these lapses will prove costly.

Good to see her routine matches starting to become routine matches.

The Sam match will be a good test, she's playing really well at the moment.
The most important thing is that she handled those two lapses well. I think she can improve it in the next match(es). Looking for next match against Sam!
Quote:
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #90
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Started watching the replay last night on ESPN 3, and finished early this morning.

Brouchard, was certainly game, but mostly lame (8DF's,9W to 33UE, 1-6 BP conversion, poor footwork). Though the score was 6-3 6-2, Petra wasn't very impressive.

Petra had a good drop shot, and her strokes looked better/more fluid, yes. However, she was only 5/15 on BP conversions (aided by a few DF's by Brouchard), and Petra wasn't always sharp through out. She appeared up and down, against an Opponent, she should have beat 6-1 6-1.

Let's hope she plays better against Sam, who she has a natural (we would like to think) advantage against.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote