** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #826
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

From Cronin's Twitter:

Quote:
‏@TennisReporters
Maria Sharapova has already made her travel plans for Cincy, which is a good sign
Let's hope so!
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #827
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so, but I feel like Cronin often BSes to try and make himself sound "in the know" Although he did call Connors being her new coach a couple of days before it was announced iirc.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #828
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
One thing that bothers me about article after article dissecting Maria's game is that these writers continue to pair Vika with Serena as if Maria struggles equally with both. Maria has NO Vika problem. Any perceived mental block ended in Stuttgart last year. She crushed her there, she should have won in New York, because she was the better player, she beat her easily in Istanbul, and she was the dominant player in Paris. The only reason that match even went 3 was because of Maria herself getting sloppy. Any match aginst these 2 is always on Maria's racquet. If she plays anywhere near her best, Vika gets beaten like a drum every time. That isn't the case with Serena. Even if Maria plays well, she still needs help.

I realize that Aussie Open final in 2012 stands out because it was a major and it was ugly for Maria. And I think this continued misconception that Azarenka "owns" Maria was born from that one match. No doubt she played really badly and it was Vika's breakthrough, so she deserves all the praise. But it was ONE match. And even if you want to go back to those other hard court losses in 2011 and early 2012 as proof of Vika problem, you have to remember that Maria's game still ranged from being a mess to just adequate in those days. If wasn't until the clay season of 2012 where everything finally clicked in. Of course she was going to stumble against a good player like Azarenka with that kind of form.

So when Maria is playing close to her elite level, as she has frequently been over the past 15 months, at best, Vika is even with her, at worst, Maria dominates her. It's only when Maria gets error-prone that she can lose to her. I will continue to laugh at writers who continue to laud Vika as her superior and a "mystery" to Maria. If anything, I see Vika as the one getting more nervous and frustrated with her recent results against Maria. She realizes that Maria can bully her and overpower her whenever she wants if she's playing well and it's getting harder for her to dictate anything.
Yup. This has frustrated me to no end for a while.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #829
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
From Cronin's Twitter:

Let's hope so!
I really hope, but don't get my hopes up yet. We already had some tweets about her hotel booking in Toronto....
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #830
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Yup. This has frustrated me to no end for a while.
Even as someone who regularly defends Azarenka, I get a major eye-twitch whenever someone in GM describes Maria as Azarenka's "pigeon"/"bitch" You'd think it was still early 2012 where Maria had lost however many matches in a row, not late 2013 where there's one match between them in their head-to-head.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #831
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

By the way some Belarusian tennis fan said that Volchkov won't be back as her hitting partner, he was offered job in Belarusian tennis federation.
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #832
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

I really really hope she will come back at Cincy - those high bouncing fast courts suit her game perfectly and she always does well at this event. Please god, let her be healthy and play at least one warm up before the Flushing Meadows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #833
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I really really hope she will come back at Cincy - those high bouncing fast courts suit her game perfectly and she always does well at this event. Please god, let her be healthy and play at least one warm up before the Flushing Meadows...
True, regardless of the result I think it will help her. She needs the matches, preferably a couple of Sharapova specials too to get the 'rust' out of her game.

These past few AO's and last year's USO she's shown that she's more than capable of coming out firing but she runs out of steam at the latter stages when she needs it most. Cinci would be good for her IMO.
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #834
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Quotable Quotes: Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova plays her first tournament of the summer hardcourt season in Cincinnati this week. How's her hip doing? How has Jimmy Connors been helping her? Read on for that and more...

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - Since falling at Wimbledon, Maria Sharapova has been out for seven weeks with a hip injury, having to withdraw from scheduled stops in Stanford and Toronto. But she's back now and hoping to make an impressions in Cincinnati. She met the press Monday - here's what she said...

On her hip...
"Everything's feeling fine. I didn't want to come back to my first tournament not being 100%. I feel it's important to spend extra time to get ready and heal and make sure I'm ready to go once I play tournaments again. Obviously it's very unfortunate to miss tournaments, but sometimes that's just the way it goes, and sometimes playing your full calendar just doesn't happen. I'd rather play when I'm feeling good and healthy than when I'm not. You definitely learn what your priorities are with time."

On how her recently-announced coaching arrangement with Jimmy Connors is working...
"I got a chance to work with Jimmy a few years ago for a few weeks, and he had a lot of great things to say. A lot of it was through his experience and his knowledge. It wasn't really about teaching me anything technically. I enjoyed the time I had working with him. And I loved his philosophies about no substitute for hard work - he certainly emphasizes that in every single practice session we have.

"At this stage of my career, his experience is really priceless, and his work ethic as well."

On how the new coaching arrangement compares to Andy Murray and Ivan Lendl...
"It's a little bit different. I started working with Jimmy after winning four Grand Slams. So I know what it feels like to accomplish that already - I've been there before. It was more the work ethic that I knew he would put in, and the experience and the knowledge as well. He's definitely been there."

On whether we'll see a higher level of intensity now because of Connors...
"I don't know... I'm pretty intense as it is!"

On how she feels with the US Open around the corner...
"To be honest, nothing else matters until you go on the court. You still have to go on the court and do your job. I haven't played a match in many weeks - I might feel a bit rusty here and there this week, maybe I'll have to get through a few tough matches and make a few more unforced errors than I would expect myself to make. But obviously the goal is the US Open, and I'm here to prepare for it."

On how strong Sugarpova has been going...
"It's mindblowing. I never expected it to be so global. We've kind of settled ourselves in the tennis world. It's incredible the amount of packages I'm signing nowadays at tennis events. I'm enjoying seeing how people have adopted it in a way and are really excited about it, and following it on social media too, like Instagram and Twitter... I'm just enjoying the process and seeing it grow."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...aria-sharapova
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #835
country flag Asanty

Maria Sharapova likes Jimmy Connors' fire

Don’t expect her to suddenly sport his vintage Dutch Boy haircut or swing that unwieldy Wilson steel racket. Jimmy Connors’ influence on Maria Sharapova will be considerably more subtle. But she hopes it’ll be no less substantial.

It’s been less than a month since Sharapova, in the wake of a second-round loss to a qualifier at Wimbledon, announced she was parting with coach Thomas Hogstedt to work with Connors, who personified grit in a playing career spanning more than 20 years (five straight as No. 1) and eight Grand Slam singles titles.

This is their first tournament since the pairing was announced.

“His philosophy is there’s no substitute for hard work,” Sharapova, the 2011 Western & Southern Open champion and No. 3 seed this year, said Monday. “He certainly emphasizes that in every single practice.

“At this stage of my career, no one’s going to come in and change something drastically. But his experience and work ethic are priceless. It’s been nice.”

At 26, with a career Grand Slam and more than $26 million in prize money on her resume, Sharapova wasn’t looking for someone to reinvent the wheel. She was more interested in situational help and motivation, she said, and flashed back to spending a few weeks working with Connors five years ago, when she was coached by Michael Joyce.

“He had a lot of great things to say,” Sharapova said. “A lot of it was from his experience and his knowledge. ... I enjoyed the time and the work.”

Sharapova said she understands the parallel some might draw between her choice of Connors and Andy Murray’s decision to work with another accomplished former player in Ivan Lendl, a partnership that has paid major dividends – an Olympic gold and Murray’s first two Grand Slam wins.

“It’s maybe a little bit different because I started working with (Connors) after winning four Grand Slams,” Sharapova said. “Certainly I know what it takes to accomplish something. I’ve been there. It was more about the work ethic that I knew he was going to put in, and the experience. He’s been there, done that.”

Connors, 60, who worked with a high-profile player in Andy Roddick from 2006-08, put Sharapova through an hour-long practice in the midday sun Monday at the Lindner Family Tennis Center.

Connors sometimes hits with her, Sharapova said, but not Monday. Dressed in long pants and a pink sweater vest, Connors deferred the rallying to a hitting partner, instead mostly standing behind the baseline with Sharapova, feeding balls and offering occasional counsel.

Walking briskly off court afterward, Connors wasn’t expansive as to what he can bring to the table.

“We’re just starting,” he said.

What does he hope to help Sharapova accomplish?

“We’re just starting,” he repeated.

Of course, Connors wasn’t chosen for his chatter; rather for his candor.

“When you have a partnership between a player and a coach, he wants me to be better and greater; he’s not going to (just) tell me that I’m great,” Sharapova said. “He’s going to make me work hard and get the best out of me.”

Sharapova was asked if she expected Connors’ intensity to rub off.

“I don’t know, I’m pretty intense,” she said, laughing. “We’ll see.”

Video is here http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #836
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

The Andy shade.
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #837
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova

If you were a reality TV show what would your TV show name be?
I think my reality TV show would be very boring, so we’ll skip that one. (laughter)

If you could have any actor play you in your life story, who would it be?
I think Gwyneth Paltrow.

How do you like your eggs?
Poached.

Have you ever seen a UFO or a ghost?
I have not. (laughter)

Do you believe in either of them?
I haven’t really thought about it.

What side of the bed do you sleep on?
When I am at home on the right, but in hotels I change.

On a scale from 1-10 how weird do you think you are?
Extremely weird. Like, over the borderline weird.

So you would give yourself over 10?
Yeah, a lot

Photos by Monique Phipps for OnTheGoTennis

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #838
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post

Maria Sharapova

If you were a reality TV show what would your TV show name be?
I think my reality TV show would be very boring, so we’ll skip that one. (laughter)

If you could have any actor play you in your life story, who would it be?
I think Gwyneth Paltrow.

How do you like your eggs?
Poached.

Have you ever seen a UFO or a ghost?
I have not. (laughter)

Do you believe in either of them?
I haven’t really thought about it.

What side of the bed do you sleep on?
When I am at home on the right, but in hotels I change.

On a scale from 1-10 how weird do you think you are?
Extremely weird. Like, over the borderline weird.

So you would give yourself over 10?
Yeah, a lot

Photos by Monique Phipps for OnTheGoTennis
Does somebody actually get paid to ask these incredibly stupid questions?
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #839
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

How did Maria agree to sit down and answer these absolute idiotic questions . Honestly. Just embarrassing
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #840
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote