Tennis Forum banner

Carlsbad QF: (WC) Razzano def. (3) Kvitova 67(6) 75 76(8) in 3 hours and 35 minutes

13K views 154 replies 109 participants last post by  Archer16 
#1 ·
:hysteric:

Petra was up a break in the third set. Got broken back, Razzano served for it, blew three match points. Petra then served for it, got broken back. Was up 5-2 in the tiebreak, blew two match points and Razzano won on her 5th MP courtesy of a Kvitova DF :hysteric:

#60 ·
Another match just chucked away by Petra she had it on her racket so many times. :sad: Although Vigie really well done for fighting really hard, she has to build on this and she can become a real danger. :worship:

#86 ·
Not exactly, as the current world #1 could attest (in another epic).

You know what? I actually think you are right. I don't understand it at all and I couldn't possibly explain this in any logical manner but over the years I have seem enough bizarre improbable sports results to have come to the conclusion that sometimes matches are simply decided by destiny, as in somehow predetermined by something beyond human conception. Goran's win at Wimbledon, Virginie's wins over Serena and now Petra, Greece's World Cup victory. The manner is which these things unfolded are such that if you read it in a book you'd think it was too fanciful.
Off-topic, but don't you mean Euro Cup victory for Greece?

#80 ·
Razzano and Hingis are managed by Octagon, like Carlsbad tournament. That's why Razzano is receiving from time to time WC from tournaments managed by Octagon (Luxembourg, Carlsbad,.....).

FFT will have a difficult choice to do between Razzano and Parmentier (who has a R3 to defend at USO) for the french MDWC.

#72 ·
Oh my gawd. I ate all of my fingernails off and wasted my entire afternoon stressing over a live scoreboard, but it was SO worth it!!! Virginie is a warrior

#94 ·
Petra :bigcry:

#96 ·
My tip is that she played the match of her life. :cool: Shame I didn't see that to be sure. :rolleyes: :mad:

#101 ·
Petra fans shouldn't feel too distressed though. It's the big strong girls who have the shortest way back. The cooler it gets the better Petra will get. The colder air will make her head clearer so she will get more precision in her heavy guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.