Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better? - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is better?

Caroline Wozniacki 190 37.33%
Victoria Azarenka 319 62.67%
Voters: 509. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM   #511
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka. Who is better?

I wish Caro comes back to the top, be number one for a few years, wins slams, and that thousands of mockers keep a low profile in the endless darkness of their misery.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM   #512
country flag Exodite

Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold Exodite is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
You have serious problems, and how you were not banned for wishing death on her I will never know.

How does a player make an opponent break their foot from the opposite side of the court anyway?
Ohs they banned us twice precious. Once they banned us for hoping Vika would OD and once for calling Madison Keyes a farmyard animal that cannae close its mouth. We hads to spend months in isolation with our typing hands tied behind our backs precious.
Exodite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #513
country flag salottawa

salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice

2 slams vs 2 year end #1s. If we give year end #1s the same value as slams they are equal. Wozniacki did not deserve her 2011 one though so that gives Azarenka the edge.
salottawa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM   #514
country flag salottawa

salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice salottawa is just really nice

Oops I forgot Azarenka is the 2012 year end #1 so that puts her away ahead.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM   #515
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to consider is that Vika hasn't "just" won two slams, she has defended her slam win...an accomplishment that's really rare these days.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:52 PM   #516
country flag salottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Another thing to consider is that Vika hasn't "just" won two slams, she has defended her slam win...an accomplishment that's really rare these days.
True, but isn't Wozniacki defending her year end #1 impressive too in that sense? Maybe some think it isn't that big a deal but the last player to do that was Henin. Amazingly even the great Serena has never done it, although she about 8 years people think of her as the real #1.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM   #517
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
we also have to consider that Vuvurenka got extremely lucky when Na injured herself in that final and couldn't maintain her high level...everyone knows that Na would have won that title otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #518
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
we also have to consider that Vuvurenka got extremely lucky when Na injured herself in that final and couldn't maintain her high level...everyone knows that Na would have won that title otherwise.
When a sentence starts with "Everybody knows..." you know that the rest is pure bullshit.

But I fully understand why the topic of defending slam wins is a sensible one for you

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #519
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Now I don't really think this is debatable anymore. Azarenka's achievements passed Wozniacki's achievements some time ago imo.

The other key element is going forward, the future, both have time to win more accolades, so you are debating who has the potential to add more. It's obvious who has the edge in this department, their career paths are currently going in opposite directions. Now potential is a dangerous thing. This thread was basically built on the potential of both, which was heavily debated. You can only really go on what you currently see, that is how expectation works. Extrapolation of that expectation will suggest Azarenka will add more to her résumé from this point forward.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #520
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
let's not forget na injured herself twice and still took vika to three sets.

also kim was injured in 2012 but still made it extremely competitive with vika. if kim was healthy, she would've won their match. the stars aligned for vika twice tbh
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM   #521
country flag salottawa

Quote:
Na is a headcase. She can easily fall off without getting injured even with big leads. Just look at the 2011 Australian Open final vs Clijsters, the 2012 Rome final vs Maria, and many other instances. Are you saying Na was certain to mantain high level without a drop off or any nerves even without getting injured.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #522
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
let's not forget na injured herself twice and still took vika to three sets.

also kim was injured in 2012 but still made it extremely competitive with vika. if kim was healthy, she would've won their match. the stars aligned for vika twice tbh
A bunch of selective revisionist history in this. Fact #1: When Li first fell over, she was already down a break in the 2nd. Azarenka was the favourite to win the match everywhere at this point. Fact #2: This injured Clijsters was the same player who had beaten world number 6 Na Li in R4, and world number 1 Wozniacki in the QF's.

Points like this are of utter irrelevance. They are shoulda, woulda, coulda. None of which that matters in the end.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #523
country flag SunshineSlam

SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by salottawa View Post
True, but isn't Wozniacki defending her year end #1 impressive too in that sense? Maybe some think it isn't that big a deal but the last player to do that was Henin. Amazingly even the great Serena has never done it, although she about 8 years people think of her as the real #1.
Yes it's quite rare for a player to be YE#1 for consecutive years. Defending a YE#1 is more impressive than defending a slam because you have to be the best in the world for back to back years, not just the best at one tournament, and #1 players/seeds tend to have a bigger target on their backs than defending champions do.
SunshineSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM   #524
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
A bunch of selective revisionist history in this. Fact #1: When Li first fell over, she was already down a break in the 2nd. Azarenka was the favourite to win the match everywhere at this point. Fact #2: This injured Clijsters was the same player who had beaten world number 6 Na Li in R4, and world number 1 Wozniacki in the QF's.

Points like this are of utter irrelevance. They are shoulda, woulda, coulda. None of which that matters in the end.
she got injured in her match against na but she was leading anyway, and wozniacki is a much, much, much lesser version of clijsters of course wozniacki couldn't take advantage of it. kim was moving very slow for her standards (and not to mention she couldnt straddle) against vika and still made it extremely close. vika got lucky.

and the second time Na fucked up her ankle even more, she was leading in the third set. also let's not forget the shit Vika pulled in her match against Sloane.

and of course we can't change the past, but why can't we bring it up?
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #525
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
she got injured in her match against na but she was leading anyway, and wozniacki is a much, much, much lesser version of clijsters of course wozniacki couldn't take advantage of it. kim was moving very slow for her standards (and not to mention she couldnt straddle) against vika and still made it extremely close. vika got lucky.

and the second time Na fucked up her ankle even more, she was leading in the third set. also let's not forget the shit Vika pulled in her match against Sloane.

and of course we can't change the past, but why can't we bring it up?
What are you talking about? Clijsters got injured in the match vs Na which Na led. Na even had 4 match points I think to win in straight sets, and Clijsters ended up coming back and winning in 3 sets.

Li was 2-1 on serve in the 3rd when she fell over for the second time, hardly a definitive winning position. This is just a load of biased rubbish.

This is irrelevant crap because it's all assumption and guess work, which ignores reality and facts. Anyone can play this game. This is like me saying Azarenka would have won Wimbledon if she didn't get injured, she would have had a comfortable draw to the title. Adversity happens, you deal with it, you move on, you don't start trying to re-write history with biased opinion.