USA WTA coverage the worst on the planet! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:47 PM   #31
country flag Pawcio765

Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: USA WTA coverage the worst on the planet!

You know what, I can understand that TV stations are not that much interested in Tennis if it's not very popular BUT TENNIS CHANNEL? WTF?

And it's really funny because internationals have really great coverage...almost every of them... even some Baku or Guanzghogu (I don't even know how to spell it ) [Hsieh def Robson in the final though I remember that ]

And in the US you have this whole USO series and two PM.......

But I've read some time ago (maybe even on TF) that US Open will be showing every court (don't know when though)
so that's something good at least..
Pawcio765 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:53 PM   #32
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

I mean we are in the 21st century and they can't take two webcameras and put them on the centre court.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:04 PM   #33
country flag bbjpa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of bbjpa has much to be proud of

Coverage is good as long we can see a doubles match with Castano...

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:05 PM   #34
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

I'd imagine Zimbabwe WTA coverage is worse
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:10 PM   #35
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
I'd imagine Zimbabwe WTA coverage is worse
But Zimbabwe is not televisual and film-making superpower doesn't have a no.1 player and playing legend who won 16 GS titles.
Quote:
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:11 PM   #36
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been like that for quite a while now...
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:13 PM   #37
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post

It's been like that for quite a while now...
The author of this tread knows it. He wanted just ventilate his anger and give us an option to spit on the US coverage.
Quote:
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:27 AM   #38
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
coverage was this shit even when they had Davenport, Capriati, Seles, Williams 10+ yrs ago
nothing changed, still no TV coverage till Thu/Fri for WTA events in US

at least get some cameras out so we can see it, if they dont wanna show it themselves
Yes, but this late start/limited coverage was typical for almost all tournaments back then
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:44 AM   #39
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Not Surprise

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele

Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #40
country flag Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
But Zimbabwe is not televisual and film-making superpower doesn't have a no.1 player and playing legend who won 16 GS titles.
Not current and not singles, but Zimbabwe has a former #1 and multi-slam winning doubles player who is still making waves on the doubles tour.
Smacky the Frog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:14 AM   #41
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised not enough fans who are present don't record some of the matches and upload that amateur footage. That is better than nothing. 10 years ago, when noone had a decent camera phone, understandable, but nowadays, it's weird.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:05 AM   #42
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
I always found Australia has bad Tennis Coverage. We get the Aussie summer and that's it pretty much unless you pay for pay TV and even if you that only gives you other 3 majors coverage.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:16 AM   #43
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Y-T View Post
I'm surprised not enough fans who are present don't record some of the matches and upload that amateur footage. That is better than nothing. 10 years ago, when noone had a decent camera phone, understandable, but nowadays, it's weird.
You would need to be authorized to 'reproduce' any part of the events. But if you ask formally, you will likely be dennied. Play stupid and they will likely pretend not to see you .
PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:29 AM   #44
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

once the tour moves to China everything will be fine
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM   #45
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacky the Frog View Post
Not current and not singles, but Zimbabwe has a former #1 and multi-slam winning doubles player who is still making waves on the doubles tour.
Interesting. But still it is incomparable to the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Y-T View Post
That's a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
once the tour moves to China everything will be fine
Quote: