BOMBSHELL: Hingis playing singles in the fall?! - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #241
country flag tim83

tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future tim83 has a brilliant future
Re: BOMBSHELL: Hingis playing singles in the fall?!

She should stick to the things she is really good at, like cheating on her husband...
tim83 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #242
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
Again, I really don't understand. If no one actually said "Martina Hingis is returning to singles competition" - or something to that effect - why was this thread opened?
because we want it to happen SO badly

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #243
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
She retired because she tested positive to cocaine and received a 2-year suspension. So rather than wait the suspension out and return at 29, she decided to quit.
oh please he was obviously talking about her early career when she stopped playing at 21 yo. and it was because of injuries...

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #244
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
oh please he was obviously talking about her early career when she stopped playing at 21 yo. and it was because of injuries...
No he wasn't. Read his entire post, not just the first sentence
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #245
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Lindsay meant that HINGIS has told her that she was only playing double to get ready for single later. I just think that Lindsay THINKS that Hingis is starting with double to play some single later in the year. I mean, Hingis has done that in the past, also Lindsay herself has started with a couple double tournaments to finally come back in single. KDK did the same and I'm sure many other players do that to test the water. Sharapova did the same for one tournament after her shoulder surgery lmao, and she wasn't nearly as successful in doubles as Hingis is. Personally I think that it would be really tough for any past single champion to only be satisfied playing double and that's why Davenport is THINKING Hingis may start playing single soon too.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #246
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -tim83- View Post
She should stick to the things she is really good at, like cheating on her husband...
Unacceptable

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #247
country flag theseekers

theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all

http://www.dailymotion.com/hub/x10o5...#video=x11i1bk now it's world team tennis final with hingis and roddick
theseekers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #248
country flag theseekers

theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all theseekers is a name known to all

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...adf_story.html

interesting interview by the swiss-miss
theseekers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #249
country flag Zweli

Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of

Exposure for a new boyfriend/ husband I guess, besides , she might be thinking she has a chance with these ball bashers
Zweli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM   #250
country flag Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog has disabled reputation

Hingis says singles not in comeback plans

"It's a completely different world. Even World Team Tennis now, it's brutal, it's only one set but still the next day you wake up, and you have to put so much more effort into it."

"When you're 17 everything seems so easy, but now I'm almost twice the age," Hingis said. "I wouldn't want to come out and play one or two matches and then lose third round, that's not my type of personality. So not at this point, no."

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...doubles-return

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...comeback-plans

Smacky the Frog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 02:00 AM   #251
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

I am sad
leftbrian is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:19 AM   #252
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacky the Frog View Post
Hingis says singles not in comeback plans

"It's a completely different world. Even World Team Tennis now, it's brutal, it's only one set but still the next day you wake up, and you have to put so much more effort into it."

"When you're 17 everything seems so easy, but now I'm almost twice the age," Hingis said. "I wouldn't want to come out and play one or two matches and then lose third round, that's not my type of personality. So not at this point, no."

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...doubles-return

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...comeback-plans

She said "not at this point".

She is leaving the door open... which means she is waiting to see how well she does in doubles.

If she bombs with Hantuchova then she will make it for sure... but if she feels confident then she will return.

If she truely had no intention whatsoever to return to singles she would have said "Never will I again" or something to that affect.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote