Anett Kontaveit - Page 134 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1996
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
I was sooo hoping to see good news Looks like she didn't use her chances...again.

So, I guess she is going to play that 10K now. Maybe she is going to play doubles with Annely Pokras
That girl makes me ROFL. I beat a girl 1 and 0 who beat her 2 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Not every top 250 player will travel to USA just for the US Open

But then not everyone will travel to Russia either.
This. I have always been really surprised as to how weak both the Post-Us Open 50Ks are and the Post-Season 50 and 75Ks are

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #1997
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

So is there any information on Anett's schedule beyond the Turkey tournaments?
Anyway, does anyone know if she has turned pro yet?
And if she has, can she reverse that to go to college?

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #1998
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Well, looks like we have to take it week by week to see where she enters. Her very informative webpage still says she plays Donetsk
Maybe St. Petersbourg, Sofia and Dobrich for example or perhaps try some 50s for a change. No clue about October though. She won't make two trips to Australia I'm pretty sure so it will either be then or in January.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1999
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Well, looks like we have to take it week by week to see where she enters. Her very informative webpage still says she plays Donetsk
Maybe St. Petersbourg, Sofia and Dobrich for example or perhaps try some 50s for a change. No clue about October though. She won't make two trips to Australia I'm pretty sure so it will either be then or in January.
I wouldn't mind either to tell you the truth but if she came to Australia I hope she would stay for like 2 Months so she would also play Mildura, Ipswich and Bundaberg because she could easily pick up 100 Points from those tournaments: easily

EDIT: OMG I can't believe she didn't play Moscow
She would have been seeded 5th
I don't get her sometimes: why play a difficult hardcourt tournament when you are better on Clay and the tournament is more convenient with a weaker field: she could have easily won this but she won't win Izmir

Even Kazan would have been good for her but she decides to take weeks off

She is has one of the weirdest schedules ever

Also, is she Pro or not?

And.... POST #2000!!!!!

Last edited by chingching : Jul 28th, 2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #2000
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is currently 299th in "live" ranking
Of course someone might pass her this week, but after she wins a couple of rounds in Izmir then she should be in surely by 12th.
Top 250 is not so far at all anymore (50 points away), but please stop playing these 10s
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #2001
country flag chingching

Quote:
Anett is currently 299th in "live" ranking
Of course someone might pass her this week, but after she wins a couple of rounds in Izmir then she should be in surely by 12th.
Top 250 is not so far at all anymore (50 points away), but please stop playing these 10s
YAY
She is much higher than that on the race IIRC although that was before RG
So has she turned pro yet? I've heard her say she keeps her money

Anett's highest ranked opponent before the QFs is not in the Top 800

It still could be a good warm up now though with Evtimova and Eraydin both in. She is better than both but if she's not playing her best they could both easily push her to 3

EDIT: Anett is also Top Seed for Doubles again
The weird thing is that they don't have a BYE but their 2nd Round unseeded opponents do
Who would have thought that our Anett would constantly be racking up Doubles Seedings Thank god for Tallinn 25K It is really good to see her play though It can't do anything but help her Singles at this level anyway

Enjoy your 1st (I think) trip to Turkey

Last edited by chingching : Jul 29th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #2002
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
The weird thing is that they don't have a BYE but their 2nd Round unseeded opponents do
They don't. They play against qualifiers in R1.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #2003
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
They don't. They play against qualifiers in R1.
LOL
Since when did A) 10Ks have Doubles Qualifying and B) did a random 10K in Turkey fill a Doubles Draw

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 07:39 AM   #2004
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

61 60, next
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:08 AM   #2005
country flag chingching

Next match should be just as easy

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:33 AM   #2006
country flag muusa

Losing one game and giving the opponent even the chance of one breakpoint? Come on Anett..

Quite hot there, frankly I don't get it how the tennis players in general are able to play an hour or two in those temperatures, I couldn't even just stand in one place in the sun for more than 15 minutes or so, let alone running
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:34 AM   #2007
country flag chingching

Quote:
Losing one game and giving the opponent even the chance of one breakpoint? Come on Anett..

Quite hot there, frankly I don't get it how the tennis players in general are able to play an hour or two in those temperatures, I couldn't even just stand in one place in the sun for more than 15 minutes or so, let alone running
You just have to come to Australia I don't play my best unless it's at least 27 Degrees and I only get my serve going at 30+

Anyway, Anett likes the heat Didn't you say her massive twitter fail

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:41 AM   #2008
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Anett

Good luck babe!

I want to see her doing well more often!
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 08:50 AM   #2009
country flag muusa

Quote:
You just have to come to Australia I don't play my best unless it's at least 27 Degrees and I only get my serve going at 30+
I guess I'm a true nordic person who doesn't love heat that much
Quote:
Anyway, Anett likes the heat Didn't you say her massive twitter fail
Huh? But yeah Anett has said he doesn't mind high temperatures..
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2010
country flag chingching

muusa
No she posted that she was disappointed that Australia wasn't enough warmer than Estonia, only 50 Degrees and then TheBoiledEgg (yes, same guy as on tennisforum) said she would regret it Then the next day it was ridiculously hot and she said she was the most burnt she had ever been in her life BTW, you people must go to Drama Queens Chat Thread It is the heaven of Chat Threads And muusa, why do you have that avatar (love Sam )