Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1381
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Heather's Cheering Thread

Washington draw out:

(5)Cirstea v Tsurenko
King v Riske
Q v Watson
Wickmayer v (4)Cornet

No complaints. Decent draw, let's see which qualifier she gets.
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #1382
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Good first round there. Wickmayer has caused her problems before, and I'd expect her to beat Cornet.

But one round at a time! Good luck Heather!
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1383
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Expect?

I don't expect nothing of Heather. She still in recovery process. She hasn't even found any sort of form yet.

I'm just happy she's back playing right now. I'm just hoping she can provide some wins. But I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1384
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
^ Expect?

I don't expect nothing of Heather. She still in recovery process. She hasn't even found any sort of form yet.

I'm just happy she's back playing right now. I'm just hoping she can provide some wins. But I wouldn't be surprised either way.
I meant I expected Wicky to beat Cornet. Sorry, badly constructed sentence on my behalf!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1385
country flag lovethegame

lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light

So my friend in DC told me Heather is there with a new coach but she didn't know who it was???????

Any takers?
lovethegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1386
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Krajan?
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1387

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame View Post
So my friend in DC told me Heather is there with a new coach but she didn't know who it was???????

Any takers?
Well there's your answer...Jeremy Bates according to Russell Fuller on twitter. Okayy..not enamoured by him but let's give it a try I guess. Apparently he's acting in his role of LTA lead women's coach, so I would guess not a long term appointment? He will be with her for the US hard court season though.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #1388
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!

Mauricio Hadad was a top class coach. I guess with Heather missing so many months off. He wasn't gaining anything. Such a shame.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1389
country flag Evans.

Surely he wouldn't leave her for that reason? All players have injury breaks in their careers. It is just part of being a coach.

I am not sure we will ever know the reasons, but I doubt it was that. Maybe she wants someone who will help her be a more aggressive player? Who knows.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #1390

Article on the BBC about Hev's move to change coach:

Heather Watson has changed her coach and her game plan as she targets a more attacking style to take on the best in the world. The British number two ended her two-year coaching relationship with Colombian Mauricio Hadad after returning to her base in Florida following Wimbledon. "With coaches it's always a big decision," the 21-year-old told BBC Sport. "I put a lot of thought into it and I thought it was the best decision for me and my career. "I think to get to the next level I need to change some things in my game, improve some things, add some things, so that's part of me coming to this decision."

Watson admitted it had not been easy to dispense with Hadad's services after first meeting him when she arrived at the Nick Bollettieri academy in Florida as a 12-year-old. "It's always going to be a tough decision," said Watson, speaking before this week's Citi Open in Washington. "At the end of the day it's my job, it's a business. I've got to do what is right for me and my career."

Watson has slipped from a career-high ranking of 39 in February to 76th in the world after a debilitating bout of glandular fever that forced her off the circuit for two months in April.
She returned at the French Open in May and played the grass-court season, losing to powerful American teenager Madison Keys in the first round of Wimbledon before returning to Florida. "I've had some time with Nick Bollettieri while I've been at the academy," said Watson. "Nick is one of the most honest people I know - everything he says I have complete faith in. He's told me: 'Heather, you need to work on this, you need to work on that, it's not good enough, you're not going to get far with that but this is good, and you need to add this to your game.' "I think he's absolutely right and that's what I want to do now."

Already renowned for her athleticism and fighting spirit, Watson hopes to add an attacking element that will allow her to challenge the big-hitters at the top of the game. "I know I'm a good volleyer," she said. "I love to play doubles, so why don't I use that in my game? It's because I haven't really worked on it. I want to work on it more and I want to add a slice to my game. "In today's game you need to be aggressive, but also very consistent. It's not all about trying to smack loads of winners, it's also about chasing down balls and making a lot of balls and I have that. I feel like I need to add the winners and the aces to my game."

Asked whether she was ready for her results to suffer as she makes such significant changes, Watson insisted: "I'm definitely prepared for that. "I said this to my family - I got to 39 in the world not doing all these amazing things but just with my regular game, so imagine if I did add coming to the net, a massive serve and slice into my game. Imagine what I could do then. "I think it's very exciting and I'm looking forward to it."

It is clearly a long-term project, but the short-term business of winning matches and maintaining a solid ranking continues. Watson will work with American Chip Brooks, from the Bollettieri academy, as she returns to action in Washington this week, before LTA lead women's coach Jeremy Bates takes over next month for Toronto, Cincinnati and the US Open. And for the first time in 2013, the Guernsey native feels physically 100% and ready for action. "I'm feeling really good," she said.
"I've been in Florida for the past three weeks where it's super hot and humid, and I've had so much on-court time and done a lot of fitness, so I'm feeling very good now. I'm feeling the best that I've felt this year.
"It's been a really tough year for me having finished 2012 well and got to my career high, only to then kind of have it taken away a bit. "We're over halfway through the year but I feel like it's the start for me now, because it's the first time I've felt good, healthy and ready to play."

Great attitude from Hev as ever, totally saying she isn't prepared to settle at being top 40, winning WTA titles and reaching R3 at slams. Knows she has to make changes in order to reach the highest level and is prepared for a tough road ahead whilst she integrates changes into her game. Exactly what you want to be hearing, and nice to see she's prepared to make tough decisions, step outside of her comfort zone and take risks unlike certain players Also good to hear she's feeling back to 100%. GL in Washington!

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1391
country flag Evans.

Hopefully it turns out to be the right decision. I had a feeling it was because she wanted a more aggressive game.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1392
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

I like what I'm hearing from Heather. The next 6-12 months could be very exciting as we start to see the changes (hopefully positive) in her game. I am confident that with her attitude and work ethic, if she is truly committed to becoming more aggressive that she will indeed become so.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1393
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Jeremy Bates must ask for total commitment if Heather Watson is to reach world’s top 20

Heather’s biggest problem is that she is too nice. That’s no good in tennis

n more than half a century working in tennis, one of the things I have learned is that when a coaching relationship goes wrong it’s generally best to part company. It makes no difference who is in the right and who is in the wrong: if it’s broken then the best thing is usually to start afresh.

That’s one of the things I told Heather Watson when she came to see me after Wimbledon. Heather, who has been at my IMG Academy in Florida for eight years now, and Mauricio Hadad, the coach she appointed two years ago, are both great people, but it had been clear of late that their partnership wasn’t working as well as it had in the past. It was time for them to go their separate ways.http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...0-8737361.html
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1394
country flag Internova

Internova has disabled reputation

Quote:
What I’ve told Jeremy is that Heather has to make a total commitment to play tennis. To hell with everything else. To hell with Twitter, Facebook, or any of that bullshit. Forget about all of that.
Haha. that can really help.

Funny though she recently put a photo of her and Bollettieri on instagram.
Internova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #1395
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Defeats #499 Mueller 6-7 6-4 6-3 in the 1st round of Washington.

Not exactly convincing against someone ranked 421 places below her