Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :( - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #151
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

Part timing is fine. She doesnt have the body to be playing a full on schedule. This will help her in the long run to play longer as it has done with the WS.

Last edited by Andy. : Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #152
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

^ Actually that's so true. I mean, I know she said she'd never want to play past 30. But probably the reason Serena + Venus are still out there on tour after most of their generation have retired is because they missed long stretches of their careers plagued with injury/part-time schedules. It's not great, but tbh I can guarantee that if things work out with Connors she'll be back to herself in 2014. Maria's always been very protective of her body
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #153
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

When Maria was younger she also made reference to retiring at 25. She now has no intent to retire before 29 and who knows what will happen after that. Maria still has so much passion for the game and I think she makes very smart decisions about her body and her long term career.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #154
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Yeah, I start to afraid of the rest of the season.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #155
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

She will play the US Open and YEC. She is most likely fine. She has been training hard by all accounts and probs just needs to time to work on things with Connors. I think we need to be a little more positive/realistic and stop being so dramatic.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #156
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
She will play the US Open and YEC. She is most likely fine. She has been training hard by all accounts and probs just needs to time to work on things with Connors. I think we need to be a little more positive/realistic and stop being so dramatic.
I really want to think so, but her face, especially the eyes, look sad and kinda tired out recently, something bothers her for sure, hope it is not serious injury, but just the adaptation to Connors tweaks.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #157
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're reading too much into it Asanty
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #158
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

why wasn't she part-timing at the start of the season then? She played every big Premier event plus that usless event in Doha or whatever...it's obvious she's still bothered physically, otherwise she wouldn't be skipping big tournaments left and right. I just hope this will be the case of AO this year and she will come out on fire at Flushing Meadows (barring that disastrous SF match of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #159
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
. But she was practicing constantly all along . Oh well, sucks for you Julian . For how many days will you be there anyway?
I haven't bought any tickets luckily

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #160
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

If this is what it takes for me to see her play until 32 in top form then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Maria doing exactly what i wanted her to do - skip US Open series and make a ground breaking return at Arthur Ashe
Who is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I'm guessing that she has recovered from her injury but needs time to work on a few changes with Conners. I'm still expecting her to play Cincinnati.
Yep, my thoughts. She's usually pretty GOAT in Cincy so I expect her to show up there.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #161
country flag Asanty

Didn't Roddick showed up first in Cincy under Connors guidance and then won it? Now I see, it's all part of the plan.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #162
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Didn't Roddick showed up first in Cincy under Connors guidance and then won it? Now I see, it's all part of the plan.
Yes, and then Roddick reached the US Open final out of sudden right after (After being irrelevant in his previous 4 slams )

Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #163
Forever Sharapova.

Yeah losing to his nemesis.

Great
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #164
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

Great
Nooooooo

Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #165
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

Great
pfft, nobody could beat Roger in 2006
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote