Sorana -- Road to the USO 2013! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #76
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana -- Road to the USO 2013!

Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #77
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Crapping her pants on every key point.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #78
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

"Before I came to Stanford I was practicing really, really hard for two weeks," Cirstea said. "It's nice to see all of this work paying off. I put my head down, did my daily things and worked hard, and now I'm feeling much better on the court and in my legs. I feel like a different player out there on the court."

Da, se vede cu ochiul liber, băbuje! Same smart player from Doha, who after losing a neck-to-neck first set to Woz fell apart in the second and did absolutely nothing.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #79
country flag Curcubeu

same old shit

one good match - one bad match - one good match - one bad match.

She will probably cry the whole night again after this. So would I.

Hopeless case.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #80
country flag Curcubeu

@Meelis

Has a WTA player ever lost a set despite winning 91% of the 1st serve points, yet alone not even reaching a TB?
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #81

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
@Meelis

Has a WTA player ever lost a set despite winning 91% of the 1st serve points, yet alone not even reaching a TB?
Make that 92%
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #82
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

So frustrating, I'm glad I had something more important to do than watching the 2nd set.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #83
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

The match was over after the first set. Sorana always plays better after losing badly the first set than the case when she lost it after playing well, neck to neck with the opponent. It's something similar with what happened with Halep before Rome.

Coming back to the first set of this match she didn't played bad, but Cibulkova was better in the key moments (for example she saved 4 of those 6 Sorna's BPs with excellent serves). Also, the ways they returns the second serve made the difference - Sorana, despite some winners, made too many UE's blasting the ball widely or in net.

Last edited by grs : Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #84
country flag Curcubeu

The thing is that Cibulkova herself was 4/17 on winner/UE in the 1st set, that is one embarrassing number. I can't even recall when was the last time someone won a set with such stats.

They were both absolutely dreadful, just that Sorana made Pome look better by not defending anything, so that one shot wide was enough for her opponent to draw the error.

The whole 1st set I had the feeling that Sorana could have demolished her just having a tiny bit more of consistency.

Terrible performance, first mentally, later fully.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #85

http://cipsiciargi.ro/sorana-semifin...argoviste.html

Can't stop laughing!
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #86
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Good joke, but a little inaccurate one - Sorana did won some ITF 100k and 50k tournaments in 2011.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #87

WTA-level she's indeed 0-10 in semifinals since Tashkent 2008.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #88
country flag Curcubeu

That guy seriously needs to start posting on TF
Another perfect addition to the hot mess that is Tennis Romania.

Stanford 2013: Cibulkova 4-6 0-6
Pattaya City 2013: Kirilenko 0-6 2-6
Guangzhou 2012: Robson 4-6 2-6
Stanford 2012: S. Williams 1-6 2-6
Barcelona 2012: Cibulkova 1-6 1-6
Pattaya City 2012: Kirilenko 2-6 7-5 4-6
Estoril 2010: Parra-Santonja 1-6 4-6
Los Angeles 2009: Stosur 2-6 3-6
Marbella 2009: Suarez-Navarro 2-6 7-6 2-6
Luxembourg 2008: Dementieva 2-6 2-6

This is all sorts of impressive.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #89

Any streams for Cirstea - Tsurenko? Thanks.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #90

75. Thank God Tsurenko double faulted twice when serving to stay in the set!