Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :( - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #121
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

What is she doing? Can she really be that seriously injured when we've seen her practising pretty strenuously?

I kind of suspect her and Connors' strategy is just to practise up until the US Open and then "surprise" the other players with whatever new wrinkles she has to her game. But going in with no match-play would be so risky...
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #122
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
What is she doing? Can she really be that seriously injured when we've seen her practising pretty strenuously?

I kind of suspect her and Connors' strategy is just to practise up until the US Open and then "surprise" the other players with whatever new wrinkles she has to her game. But going in with no match-play would be so risky...
do you really believe a completely healthy Maria would lose a slam match to friggin De Brito no matter the court conditions? Of course she was injured during that match - she was barely moving to balls after she took that MTO. It's obvious that healthy Maria wouldn't be skipping Premier events one after another just before a slam - she's not that stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #123
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, I'm just going to assume she'll be withdrawing from Cincinnati as well. It looks like she'll be taking the approach of 2012 and just dump all the US Open warm-ups and show up in New York, hoping for the best. I suppose she'll take confidence from being able to make the semis last year with no hard court matches. No matter what happens, Maria will remain convinced in her own mind that she can still compete at the Open for the title.

I don't agree with that, but, hey, this is Maria's career and she'll continue to do what she feels is best. If she arrives in New York with only 3 matches in 3 months, she has no chance at winning. Some will think otherwise, but that's just my opinion. My guess is this overly cautious approach has more to do with the Connors adjustment than the hip. She probably doesn't feel like her game is championship ready yet. I don't know...

It's turning into a very discouraging 2013 as a Maria fan.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #124
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

i don't think that she is that much injured, as she maybe doesn't want to get injury again and then withdrew from US open, it's better that way, to heal properly than playing with injury with possibility to get worse...

and i hope that she will be playing cincy and show us what collaboration with jimmy brought her...

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #125
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

This is awful. Really starting to worry about her USO chances now. There goes number 2 as swell I guess.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #126
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Awful news
Hope she plays Cincy
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #127
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

This is a little concerning. With all the pix of her training hard I thought pulling out of stanford was just her not being ready. It seems odd that she has withdrawn from Toronoto sooo early.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #128
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
At this point, I'm just going to assume she'll be withdrawing from Cincinnati as well. It looks like she'll be taking the approach of 2012 and just dump all the US Open warm-ups and show up in New York, hoping for the best. I suppose she'll take confidence from being able to make the semis last year with no hard court matches. No matter what happens, Maria will remain convinced in her own mind that she can still compete at the Open for the title.
But the difference last year was that there was just two weeks between the Olympics and the US Open. This year it's a huge gap between.

Personally, I find it strange that she is posting all these training pics when she is apparently still injured. It looks more like she actually figuring out how to work with Conners and possibly come up with something new strategy- or gameplan-wise-
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #129
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

She withdrew ? Why?

Hope she plays Cincy at least.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #130
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

Bad decision, but if she's not ready, she's not ready

Coming into USO with no matches in 3 months is really bad and I think the BEST case scenario we can expect is R4 (and that's being generous).
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #131
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
She withdrew ? Why?

Hope she plays Cincy at least.
She said hip injury from Wimbledon

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #132
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Bad decision, but if she's not ready, she's not ready

Coming into USO with no matches in 3 months is really bad and I think the BEST case scenario we can expect is R4 (and that's being generous).
Always so positive
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #133
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

It's official i'll never see her live

The only good thing is I haven't got tickets yet
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #134
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMaria View Post
It's official i'll never see her live

The only good thing is I haven't got tickets yet
Same here

Next year she will be in Montreal.

In 2015, she will be 28 If she withdraw again or whatever happens, game over

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #135
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Same here

Next year she will be in Montreal.

In 2015, she will be 28 If she withdraw again or whatever happens, game over
You will just have to come back to Australia Julian