Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? - She withdrew! :( - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #76
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

This might be wishful thinking, but I also kind of wonder if Azarenka is starting to realise that Maria at her best is too good for her. Towards the end of the 1st set of their RG match, she gave this look up to her box like "What do I have to do?"; I've never seen her give that kind of body language in any of her matches against Maria before, even in ones where she was being beaten.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #77
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Toronto 2013: About time to finally grab the glass racket, eh? (SharaConnors Chap

Nice post Mexi, I completely agree. Would give you good rep if I could

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #78
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This might be wishful thinking, but I also kind of wonder if Azarenka is starting to realise that Maria at her best is too good for her. Towards the end of the 1st set of their RG match, she gave this look up to her box like "What do I have to do?"; I've never seen her give that kind of body language in any of her matches against Maria before, even in ones where she was being beaten.
You off your meds again? This has 'Serious Discussion: Where does Serena go from here?' feels all over it.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #79
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Are you on drugs again?

Their head to head is close, but Azarenka is a horrible match up for Maria. Azarenka believes she can beat anyone (and she can), even Serena.

They are pretty equal at the moment, but Azarenka is the tougher player mentally.

While this is another slamless year of Maria, Azarenka has managed to defend the AO and win her 2nd Slam (and will be the favorite at the USO if Serena loses early) so I doubt she is worrying about Maria
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #80
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
You off your meds again? This has 'Serious Discussion: Where does Serena go from here?' feels all over it.
Agreed
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #81
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Are you on drugs again?

Their head to head is close, but Azarenka is a horrible match up for Maria. Azarenka believes she can beat anyone (and she can), even Serena.

They are pretty equal at the moment, but Azarenka is the tougher player mentally.

While this is another slamless year of Maria, Azarenka has managed to defend the AO and win her 2nd Slam (and will be the favorite at the USO if Serena loses early) so I doubt she is worrying about Maria
What ? Maria beat her in their last two meetings and almost beat her in USO last year, if Azarenka isn't worrying about Maria then she is really delusional.
But at the same time, Vika is also in Maria's head. Their H2H isn't that close for no reason.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #82
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you on drugs again?

How exactly is this a horrible match up for Maria? When I hear "bad match up" discussed when concerning Maria, I think of a situation where even if Maria plays well against a certain opponent, she still needs help in winning or it's an opponent that she always struggles against. So, using that criteria, Serena Williams is a REALLY bad match up for Maria, as we all know. No matter what Maria does, it's a huge uphill battle.

But that's not even close to being the case with Vika. If Maria plays well, close to her capability, then Azarenka loses, pure and simple. Unlike against Serena, Maria can dominate Vika anywhere on any surface. Vika is the one that needs help in their matches. She's the one that needs a subpar Maria, making errors, not serving well, and looking a step slow. Maria, on the other hand, doesn't need a lousy Vika to show up to win. Azarenka didn't play that badly in Stuttgart, Istanbul, or Roland Garros. Maria was just better than her and imposed her will because she's more talented. Vika doesn't scare Maria at all. She respects her, but she loves facing her and relishes beating her. She wants to crush her so badly, that's why you see her get tight and error-prone sometimes in their matches.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #83
country flag !VamosRafa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
How exactly is this a horrible match up for Maria? When I hear "bad match up" discussed when concerning Maria, I think of a situation where even if Maria plays well against a certain opponent, she still needs help in winning or it's an opponent that she always struggles against. So, using that criteria, Serena Williams is a REALLY bad match up for Maria, as we all know. No matter what Maria does, it's a huge uphill battle.

But that's not even close to being the case with Vika. If Maria plays well, close to her capability, then Azarenka loses, pure and simple. Unlike against Serena, Maria can dominate Vika anywhere on any surface. Vika is the one that needs help in their matches. She's the one that needs a subpar Maria, making errors, not serving well, and looking a step slow. Maria, on the other hand, doesn't need a lousy Vika to show up to win. Azarenka didn't play that badly in Stuttgart, Istanbul, or Roland Garros. Maria was just better than her and imposed her will because she's more talented. Vika doesn't scare Maria at all. She respects her, but she loves facing her and relishes beating her. She wants to crush her so badly, that's why you see her get tight and error-prone sometimes in their matches.
Azarenka has beaten her 7 times. I'd say it's a pretty fucking tough match up. Plus she leads their h2h. That's like saying Clijsters is not a horrible match up for Venus
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #84
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh their H2H is dependant on one player playing well, with the other being off their game. I've never seen a match where both have been peaking against eachother.
RG SF: Set one: PEAK Maria, Set two: Flop Maria, Set three: Choke Maria
YEC + Stuttgart final: PEAK Maria, Extremely injured Vika

BUT I do think the matchup is holy dependant on whether Maria is playing well or not. No matter what anyone says, she is the one who determines the outcome of the match. Usually when she flops in two, it's because she's making a tremendous amount of errors. And this isn't taking anything away from Vika's play, but I don't look at Vika as the dependant in their H2H, she doesn't determine the play, but her incredible consistency allows the match, when things are going her way, to be easily won.

(btw when I say PEAK I don't mean Maria played the best tennis of her career )
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #85
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Completely agree with all this.
To me, the turning point in their H2H was Stuttgart final, Maria, that day knew that when she was ON she was too good for Vika. That was a lesson, Vika claimed this on her injury as usual but we know better.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #86
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Azarenka has beaten her 7 times. I'd say it's a pretty fucking tough match up. Plus she leads their h2h. That's like saying Clijsters is not a horrible match up for Venus
Maria beat her 6 times yet you think Maria is the least of her concerns
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #87
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you on drugs again?

Your first line would be a lot more -worthy if you weren't paraphrasing what someone had said in the very post before yours.

And I didn't really say anything about "belief". I said I wondered if Azarenka was starting to realise that Maria at her best is better than her. Nothing you said in this post addresses anything I said.

Quote:
Tbh their H2H is dependant on one player playing well, with the other being off their game. I've never seen a match where both have been peaking against eachother.
RG SF: Set one: PEAK Maria, Set two: Flop Maria, Set three: Choke Maria
YEC + Stuttgart final: PEAK Maria, Extremely injured Vika
I think Stuttgart was pretty much Peak Azarenka She actually hit more winners in that match than she did in either the Indian Wells or Beijing matches, and had a healthier W-UE differential. Even the YEC match her stats weren't much worse than those two matches. Only in the RG match were Azarenka's stats significantly worse than when she usually plays Maria.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #88
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Their head to head is close,
yes
Quote:
but Azarenka is a horrible match up for Maria.
ROTFL NO
Quote:
Azarenka believes she can beat anyone (and she can), even Serena.
Maria too, even Serena. It's called winning attitude (even if Serena is better she has to go there thinking she CAN win or she'll never win).

Quote:
They are pretty equal at the moment,
yes

Quote:
but Azarenka is the tougher player mentally.
LMFAO NO, have you been sleeping with Jimmie48?

Quote:
While this is another slamless year of Maria,
still one slam to go
Quote:
Azarenka has managed to defend the AO and win her 2nd Slam
so what
Quote:
(and will be the favorite at the USO if Serena loses early) so I doubt she is worrying about Maria
and Maria isn't? Loot at RG

Quote:

^ see, you make me quote Mexicola and agree, look how far you make me go! :P
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #89
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you on drugs again?

Hey, teen-age raging witch!

I can poke jokes at Danny, you cannot. Plus why are you still here, it was so much better during the days whenyou were nowhere to be found.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #90
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

10 years ago

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote