The "self-discovery" thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #16
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The "self-discovery" thread

No problem. Must be that feminine rage coursing through my posts.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #17
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Wasn't it you who had Sarah Blasko as your profile photo for ages? I think I just assumed that you must be female because you loved Sarah Blasko!
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #18
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I forgot to add - (Dan, Kev & Terry already know this) that I'm completely obsessed with reality TV especially singing shows.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #19
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dani, I always thought you were a girl Cos I'm assuming by your twitter handle that you're a boy? I think it's the "Dani" that made me always think you were a chick. Sorry!

Well I'm Terry. Most of you know that. I've been posting in here forever, but my activity is nowhere near what it used to be in those days. I'm, uh, 34. Twenty fourteen sounds better

Born and raised in Melbourne, to Greek born parents. I speak, read and write Greek rather well. Been following tennis my whole life. My earliest tennis memory is stanning for Martina Navratilova when I was about 5 or 6. Over the years my faves on the women's side have been Navratilova, Seles, Manuela Maleeva, Majoli, Daniilidou, Mauresmo, Davenport, Stosur, Kanepi and our beloved Aussie scrubs. The nerdiest tennis-y thing I've ever done? Easy. Posting here for 12 years.

I'm gay (quelle surprise), and share my house with a neurotic, young ginger cat. Crazy about tennis, film, music, TV...I recently 'retired' as a speech pathologist, and now work in a very satisfying role in the ageing and disability sector. Um, what else...yes, tennis. I played a lot as a kid but spent most of my late teens and twenties doing naughty things, so rarely played during a decade+ long stretch. Took it up again 3 years ago and play about 2-3 times a week. I'm OK, decent enough but nothing spectacular. I seem to have my groove back now which is awesome. Big forehand and serve but the rest of my game, namely my backhand, needs some serious work!

My twitter ID is LeftySt

Pete and I are already following each other, but would be great to chat with you guys on there too.
Yeah - strangely enough it was my grandfather that started calling me Dani My friends caught on to it in high school and then it stuck around the time I started on here. I don't get called it anymore. Probably because I realised it sounded really girly.

Petey and I share a love for terrible reality shows I think one of the highlights of my year was finding the Big Reunion - if you guys like reality shows, WATCH IT!! It's amazing.

Guys can't listen to Sarah Blasko?? She's awesome!
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #20
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Wasn't it you who had Sarah Blasko as your profile photo for ages? I think I just assumed that you must be female because you loved Sarah Blasko!
LOL. Sarah
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #21
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

22, male, last year graduated for 2nd time from Melb uni, was unemployed for 6 months and finally got a job at Perth. Great job but my life is seriously boring. Moved to Australia in 2000. Was a footy fan (lions first then magpies), but now I hate it. Then I became a big cricket fan, when at Uni I realized I had too much free time in my hands that I could just sit and watch a day's of cricket. Now not so into it as Australia is sucking balls big time. I became a tennis fan when I first saw Bernard Tomic playing, because he was young, an Aussie and his game was just interesting to watch. Then after that I started playing tennis myself, trying to copy Fed ofcourse, and I love it. But in terms of following pro tennis, I only follow my faves. Hated womens tennis (and still do) but I joined TF after I saw Ash Barty playing doubles with Casey at Brisbane. I heard about her before, but never really noticed her till I saw her play live on TV.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #22
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I am Scott and the oldest of the lot. I am 51......Sue is my wife. I work as a Primary school teacher and currently live in Sydney. I have lived overseas in Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai for work over the last 10 years. We have three children, one of whom Sam is deaf and disabled. Jack is 21, Sam 19 and Olivia is 12. I had a terrible cancer scare a few years back with prostate and it looked like I would lose my battle .but I am still here! Have never met anyone from here. Since moving back to sydney I am now playing night comp again and my partner Hugh and I got to the final last time.....lost he final to tow oldies even older than me! I was always in love with Dianne Fromholtz. Personally I know Monique Adamczak and Marinko Matosevic. Sam Groths mother Melinda is a dear friend of mine. I talk to Aljaz Bedene, Louk Sorensen and Vsek Pospisil on facebook. Colin Ebelthite came and stayed with us in Hong Kong......love this site and enjoy various friendships I have made.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #23
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone I'm Kev. I'm currently 15. I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. I became a tennis fan after I was exposed to it on tv from AO. I've been to the 2011 Fed Cup AUS v UKR, 2012 AO, 2013 AO and plans to go to 2014 AO and 2014 FC AUS v RUS I've taken pics with players like Gajdosova, Mattek-Sands, Zheng, Goerges, Vesnina and Minella. I'm more interested in womens tennis more then men, idk why but I find womens tennis more interesting. I'm currently in Yr10. Next year I'm thinking of doing these subjects: GMS, Methods, Business(3/4), Physics, History and English. In the future I wanna become a pilot, business person or tennis player. As I don't think I'll become a tennis player now as I don't have the dedication (I would if I had tonnes of money) and talent to progress plus I think i'm too late. So I want to pursue a career in aviation or business, I think I've really taken the aviation seriously now as I've even gonna chose physics although I hate science. I would like to travel the world. I love watching shows like The Block, Masterchef, X Factor, The Voice and Big Brother. My mother is Vietnamese/Chinese and my father is Malaysian/Chinese. I currently have no job, well I will try to find one soon. I'm not the best at tennis as i'm a BBB. Really flat backhand, I have the most flat backhand you will ever see. My serve was shit after I got back from Singapore and Malaysia. My forehand is my stronger side as I find it now more consistent and more variety, I can hit angles, topsin, and clear the net way higher than my backhand. I can't volley, suck at doubles and a serious BBB sometimes. My fave players are obviously Aussies, Minella and Morita. On the mens side I love Del Potro, Soderling and Berdych. Thats me.

Oh I also love to travel (hence why I wanna become a pilot), I've been to 4 countries in my life (excluding Aus), Malasyia, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. My dream is to either become a pilot or tennis player.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #24
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I just feel like giving you all a group hug right now. We're such a diverse and interesting bunch.

binkyGOAT, may I ask - what did you study and where did you move from in 2000? Scottsue I think it's really sweet that you put your wife's name in your TF name. Amazing stuff about your cancer recovery! That's wonderful. Sounds like you have a wonderful family and so many tennis connections too... you must roll your eyes at half the rubbish we rave on about in here
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #25
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Mech engineering and I came from the flag on my avvy. My first year of primary school here was scary to say the least. I only knew 3 words: yes, no, I don't know. So when the whole school was lining up to ask me question, I just wanted to get out of there asap
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #26
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Hello everyone I'm Kev. I'm currently 15. I live in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. I became a tennis fan after I was exposed to it on tv from AO. I've been to the 2011 Fed Cup AUS v UKR, 2012 AO, 2013 AO and plans to go to 2014 AO and 2014 FC AUS v RUS I've taken pics with players like Gajdosova, Mattek-Sands, Zheng, Goerges, Vesnina and Minella. I'm more interested in womens tennis more then men, idk why but I find womens tennis more interesting. I'm currently in Yr10. Next year I'm thinking of doing these subjects: GMS, Methods, Business(3/4), Physics, History and English. In the future I wanna become a pilot, business person or tennis player. As I don't think I'll become a tennis player now as I don't have the dedication (I would if I had tonnes of money) and talent to progress plus I think i'm too late. So I want to pursue a career in aviation or business, I think I've really taken the aviation seriously now as I've even gonna chose physics although I hate science. I would like to travel the world. I love watching shows like The Block, Masterchef, X Factor, The Voice and Big Brother. My mother is Vietnamese/Chinese and my father is Malaysian/Chinese. I currently have no job, well I will try to find one soon. I'm not the best at tennis as i'm a BBB. Really flat backhand, I have the most flat backhand you will ever see. My serve was shit after I got back from Singapore and Malaysia. My forehand is my stronger side as I find it now more consistent and more variety, I can hit angles, topsin, and clear the net way higher than my backhand. I can't volley, suck at doubles and a serious BBB sometimes. My fave players are obviously Aussies, Minella and Morita. On the mens side I love Del Potro, Soderling and Berdych. Thats me.

Oh I also love to travel (hence why I wanna become a pilot), I've been to 4 countries in my life (excluding Aus), Malasyia, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. My dream is to either become a pilot or tennis player.
Have you played any flight simulation games? You can learn a lot from those.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #27
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
Mech engineering and I came from the flag on my avvy. My first year of primary school here was scary to say the least. I only knew 3 words: yes, no, I don't know. So when the whole school was lining up to ask me question, I just wanted to get out of there asap
Oh you poor thing! I thought that new migrants with little English could go to a special ESL school for like a semester before they send you off to a mainstream school so that you're a bit more English-ready! At least, that's what I think they have in Brisbane.

Now the linguist in me is curious about what other language(s) you speak...
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #28
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Now the linguist in me is curious about what other language(s) you speak...
Turkish and Russian. Although I studied Japanese in high-school, way too hard for me. What about you?
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #29
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
Turkish and Russian. Although I studied Japanese in high-school, way too hard for me. What about you?
Awesome. Me: English and Kriol fluently (Kriol is a creole spoken in Northern Australia) but I know bits of lots of endangered Aboriginal languages and a bit of German and Icelandic.

You will have to translate some Rodionova on-court tirades for us. heheheh.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #30
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

haha i thought Dani was a girl too anyway i just followed everyone on twitter, so you better all follow me back

so about myself, i live in Tasmania up the top which is pretty boring. i'm 19 and a male if anyone was unsure. i'm currently having a gap year, mainly because i have no idea what i want to do at uni, but i'll probably go next year anyway whether i know or not. so at the moment i'm just working at a discount shop where most of the customers are bogans

i used to play tennis a fair bit more than i do now. i think i peaked when i was 16 and have plateaued since... my serve is shit house and i can't volley or slice or hit very hard so i've got quite a limited game! i've played tennis for ages but i was only a casual fan until about 2009 when i discovered there were more tournaments beyond the slams and the Australian summer. nerdiest tennis thing i've ever done... i guess how i always used to have the live scores app on at school and just stare at it rather than doing any work. and one time last year i stayed back all lunch so i could watch a match on my laptop from the US Open..... qualifying
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote