Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 3 :D - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #196
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 3 :D

As far as commentary goes I'd say Virginia Wade annoys me more than Mary Carillo. Mary Carillo at least has a strong personality. Virginia Wade just warbles and stuff when she has to say something actually good about the Williams sisters.

Tracy Austin is okay. Love her attention to detail and insight into techniques and strategies, but I do think she likes to play the 'intimidation' card for the Sisters far too often.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #197
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Commentary I can't stand is when they talk on and on about how erratic Venus's forehand can be and how it's her weaker shot and they say it throughout her matches or how her service motion is not as rhythmical as Serena's

Maddox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #198
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reina V.

MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future

@Tabu: Too many years of internalizing hatred towards my faves were bound to be released sometime. Also, while some people claim to be "ghetto" or "hood" and know nothing about it, I did live almost all my life around and close to it so I guess I have learned a thing or two.

Do you guys think Venus will show up to Toronto? I really want to see that pink python dress.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #199
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Smith is the best commentator she's a big Vee fan too
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #200
country flag Loveangelnr1

Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future Loveangelnr1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
I don't know I think people are trying to find something where there is none Mary Carrillo doesn't seem like she dislikes the Williams sisters to me.
She seemed very happy during the 2008 final that they both made it to another final and that either way one of them will leave with the title.

And she has long since was happy that serena is now very serious about winning as many majors as she can to cement her standing in the tennis record books.

Yes, she calls them out when they step out of line a la Serena 09 and 2011 US opens

And I remember her saying that people are so false for saying that the Williams sisters are still around playing because they have so many outside interests while their contemporaries have retired and she said they are around inspite of their outside activities not because of it and that they are so talented.

Gosh I sound like Carrillo's biggest fan
Loveangelnr1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #201
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone noticed or get bothered by how Venus peak/matchup/rivalry discussions tend to revolve around what the other player has to do to get Venus off her game? Just remembered this with the Azarenka thread that popped up recently
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #202
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHA'ALLAH View Post
has anyone noticed or get bothered by how Venus peak/matchup/rivalry discussions tend to revolve around what the other player has to do to get Venus off her game? Just remembered this with the Azarenka thread that popped up recently
It didn't pop up it was bumped from 2010 or 2011 or something.

I guess with those threads you have to ignore the biased comments.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #203
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

I saw who started that thread and moved on
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #204
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
I saw who started that thread and moved on
well that thread was just one example, what i was talking abour happens all the time. Have you all noticed the pattern or what?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #205
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy that this thread is alive! Love ya!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #206
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't noticed that pattern

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #207
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

guys, have you heard what is happening in Bulgaria?
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #208
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
guys, have you heard what is happening in Bulgaria?
Protesters?

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #209
country flag Banditoo

^Yeah, it's funny because the opposition party was dropped off 6 months ago, too! The previous night there was a fight between the police and the protesters. They say they want democracy, but I don't think this is the way (throwing stones at the politicians) . The police was aggressive too. It is hilarious that the 2 sights of the protests are using undemocratic ways, but we do want democracy!
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #210
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

@Banditoo wish you guys all the best. I don't know anything about your country but you must be strong