When was your first Sabine match? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #31
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When was your first Sabine match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldo View Post
I think my first Sabine Match was against Safina in Melbourne 2008.
same

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #32
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

i don't know sometime in 2008.

Made a big break after her Injury, just checking scores hoping she could come back at some time.

2011 Stuttgart vs. Görges i was fully back

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #33
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

2006 Istanbul ITF against Kristina Brandi
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #34
country flag Number19

Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute

2009 Charleston final.
Number19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #35
country flag F1mre

F1mre is an unknown quantity at this point

The first match I remember her was when she left the clay on stretchers and in tears in 2011(?).

I'm a fan of her since Wimbledon 2011. I liked that she was always smiling.
F1mre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #36
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
Yes, it is

I didn't have an avatar before yesterday, but this thread made me wonder if I could find a picture of her winning that ITF event. I found this one
Thanks Beaumont. You convinced me to finally get an avatar -- one of her winning Charleston which was my first Sabine match.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #37
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

I followed tennis casually until last year really, but i remember watching her at Wimbledon in 2011 when she lost the semi final. So i guess thats it haha.

After i became a proper tennis fan, i remember watching her at Wimbly last year, beating Sharapova this time. I took a liking to her game, but then she beat Slava at the Olympics . But watching her play over the past 2 weeks made me a fan
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #38
country flag Saboom

Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice Saboom is just really nice

I remember watching her matches Wimbledon 2009, when she beat Kuznetsova in straight sets in the third round and Wozniacki in straight sets in the fourth round. I thought she seemed like a potentially great player, then she went off the radar for a while with her injury and she became my favourite player after I watched her reach Wimbledon semi finals beating Li Na and Marion Bartoli.

I used to watch the women's tour on and off before then but Sabine made me more interested in following it properly, I've always found her style of play interesting/enjoyable to watch and of course her personality on and off court makes her all round one of the most likeable players. It's nice to see someone who is passionate, who loves the game so much and isn't afraid of showing emotion.
Saboom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #39
country flag JonnyFromDevon

JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice

Hi all, I think posting on this thread is as good as any other as a start.

I've been lurking for a few months as a non-member and know the forum a bit but felt it was about time I joined in the fun.

I've been a fan of Sabs for over two years now. Since Wimbledon 2011. I wish it had been longer but I didn't know her before that time.

The old memory bank has failed me and I can't remember precisely the first time I saw her, but I certainly won't forget her.

JonnyFromDevon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:37 AM   #40
country flag JustKeepSmiling

JustKeepSmiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah like a few of the guys here (only recently started following tennis) I only picked up on her once she beat Li Na at Wimbledon 2011. Saw the thighs and have never looked back.
JustKeepSmiling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #41
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyFromDevon View Post
Hi all, I think posting on this thread is as good as any other as a start.

I've been lurking for a few months as a non-member and know the forum a bit but felt it was about time I joined in the fun.

I've been a fan of Sabs for over two years now. Since Wimbledon 2011. I wish it had been longer but I didn't know her before that time.

The old memory bank has failed me and I can't remember precisely the first time I saw her, but I certainly won't forget her.

Welcome

Laura Robson
Angelique Kerber
Jelena Jankovic
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #42
country flag JonnyFromDevon

JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice JonnyFromDevon is just really nice

Thanks. Nice to be here.
JonnyFromDevon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #43
country flag Esporadico

Esporadico is an unknown quantity at this point

Wimbledon 2011 vs. Marion. Marion really annoyed me and that's why I rooted for Sabine, when she won I was sold :-).
Esporadico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #44
country flag P3traQueen

P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all
Wink Re: When was your first Sabine match?

Wimby 2013, vs. Sam Stosur. Right before Rena upset.
P3traQueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #45
country flag ente73

ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice

Today was my first live match.
Unfortunately I had to leave it in the middle of the 2nd set, because I had to reach the last bus to Luxembourg main station.
ente73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote