Anett Kontaveit - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1966
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Pulls out of 75k to enter 10k? Ok, I get it, she wants to take the maximum out of that trip to Turkey, but seriously her choice of tournaments is so chaotic. Well, at least she now gets to play three tournaments in a row which will be a plenty of matches hopefully.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1967
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Pulls out of 75k to enter 10k? Ok, I get it, she wants to take the maximum out of that trip to Turkey, but seriously her choice of tournaments is so chaotic. Well, at least she now gets to play three tournaments in a row which will be a plenty of matches hopefully.
If she goes far in Wrexham I really hope she pulls out of the 10K

Her scheduling is so stupid though. Why not play another Moscow 25K where she will be seeded based on P1s. Then she can play the 50K in Kazan (which I expect her to play given it is on HC), take a few weeks off and then play the next 50K + H Knowing her she won't play the Russian tournaments because she will be burned out from playing 10Ks

I have no idea who does her scheduling but I haven't seen one good choice so far this year except maybe the Post-Australian 25s

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 20th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #1968
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why not play another Moscow 25K where she will be seeded based on P1s.
She probably doesn't want to switch back to clay after playing on hard in Wrexham..

Btw, there would also be a timetable conflict between playing the final rounds of Izmir 10 and Izmir 25 qualies

I wonder if she wants to play Junior USO as well, we'll see on Tuesday when the entry list is out.
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM   #1969
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
She probably doesn't want to switch back to clay after playing on hard in Wrexham..

Btw, there would also be a timetable conflict between playing the final rounds of Izmir 10 and Izmir 25 qualies

I wonder if she wants to play Junior USO as well, we'll see on Tuesday when the entry list is out.
They may let her play both simultaneously as many tournaments do
Or the Final will be on a Saturday and Qualies on Sunday as 10K SF + F will probably have players who are playing the 25K Qualies

If she doesn't want to switch then why not take a week off and train

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1970
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Wrexham 25K:
(8)Mari Tanaka (JPN) v (wc)Manisha Foster (GBR)
Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Jessica Moore (AUS)
Nuria Parrizas-Diaz (ESP) v (Q)Lucy Brown (GBR)
(3)Jovana Jaksic (SRB) v Chiaki Okadaue (JPN)

Moore recently reached to the final and QF (lost 4 and 2 to Alisa Kleybanova) in 10K tournaments, but those are pretty much her only best results lately, Anett should beat her
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM   #1971
country flag chingching

A pretty decent draw
Moore is beatable and I hope Anett is in good enough form to get past Tanaka. I really think she is a better player than Jaksic but whether she will actually be able to carry that out is another question
Still, a good opportunity to pick up some points here

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1972
country flag muusa

The livescore was turned off for Anett's match of course
Btw she made it to MD of Izmir 25 after all and also she is not listed for USO Juniors.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1973
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won 64 64
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1974
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

yAy!
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1975
country flag muusa

She is now on a 14 win streak in ITF
This match was a bit too close, but hopefully she can improve as she often does.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1976
country flag chingching

Go Anett
A decent start given she often starts tournaments haphazardly
Next Tanaka and then maybe a Jaksic rematch from 2011

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1977
country flag Tennisfan06

Scoreboard disappeared again just before Anett's match?
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #1978
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Scoreboard disappeared again just before Anett's match?
Yeah, unbelieveable

But nevertheless - Anett won 75 64
This will still not take her to top 300 though, we have to wait for the next win.

She will have another tough match against Jaksic though who has barely lost any games
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1979
country flag Tennisfan06

Another win in straights

Jaksic will be very tough, probably toughest player to beat there.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1980
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Good.
Good luck vs Jaksic
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote