2013 US Open Series - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
2013 US Open Series

Citi Open - Washington, USA
29 July - 04 August
Hard Court | International | $235,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber def. Irina Falconi 6-2 6-3
R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Melanie Oudin 7-5 6-0
QF - Magdalena Rybarikova def. Angelique Kerber 7-6 3-6 6-3

Rogers Cup - Toronto, Canada
05 August - 11 August
Hard Court | Premier 5 | $2,369,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber vs. BYE
R2 - Dominika Cibulkova def. Angelique Kerber 6-7 6-2 7-5

Western & Southern Open - Cincinnati, USA
12 August - 18 August
Hard Court | Premier 5 | $2,369,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber def. Karin Knapp 6-7 6-0 6-1
R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Alisa Kleybanova 7-6 6-2
R3 - Li Na def. Angelique Kerber 6-4 6-4

New Haven Open - New Haven, USA
18 August - 24 August
Hard Court | Premier 600 | $690,000

R1 - BYE
R2 - Elena Vesnina def. Angelique Kerber 6-2 6-4

US Open - New York, USA
26 August - 07 September
Hard Court | Grand Slam | $17,150,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber def. Lucie Hradecka 6-1 6-1
R2 - Angelique Kerver def. Genie Bouchard 6-4 2-6 6-4
R3 - Angelique Kerber def. Kaia Kanepi 6-0 6-4
R4 - Carla Suarez-Navarro def. Angelique Kerber 4-6 6-3 7-6

Last edited by KatjaS : Sep 24th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #2
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all
Re: Angie's US Open Series 2013

Love how you lose no time in moving forward, Katja! Best of luck to Angie on the US Open Tour!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
Love how you lose no time in moving forward, Katja! Best of luck to Angie on the US Open Tour!
Well it's mostly just copy & paste from Julia's thread and it distracts me for a few moments.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #4
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Well it's mostly just copy & paste from Julia's thread and it distracts me for a few moments.
It's also good to have a positive look forward to counter all the negative gloom and doom that surfaces in some threads!
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #5
country flag -tim83-

-tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future
Re: 2013 US Open Series

Is it confirmed that she'll play all these tournaments?
-tim83- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #6
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by -tim83- View Post
Is it confirmed that she'll play all these tournaments?
On her website it states that she will be playing four "warm-up" events before the US Open: Washington, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #7
country flag -tim83-

-tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future -tim83- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
On her website it states that she will be playing four "warm-up" events before the US Open: Washington, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven.
I think that's a little bit too much for a "top-player". She should take a rest the week before a major imo. Also i would prefer her to play Luxemburg or Linz instead of Washington, but that's only my preference..
-tim83- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #8
country flag ellie90

ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light ellie90 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by -tim83- View Post
I think that's a little bit too much for a "top-player". She should take a rest the week before a major imo. Also i would prefer her to play Luxemburg or Linz instead of Washington, but that's only my preference..
I think Washington is a good choice but I definitely agree that playing four tournaments in a row before a major is a bad idea. All the travelling between the tournaments is tiring plus, if she goes deep at the US Open, she'll potentially play five or six weeks in a row which is too much imo.
ellie90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #9
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie90 View Post
I think Washington is a good choice but I definitely agree that playing four tournaments in a row before a major is a bad idea. All the travelling between the tournaments is tiring plus, if she goes deep at the US Open, she'll potentially play five or six weeks in a row which is too much imo.
I don't think she will play New Haven when she goes deep in Toronto and Cincy.
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #10
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldo View Post
I don't think she will play New Haven when she goes deep in Toronto and Cincy.
I like your optimism! Yes, it's easiest to drop New Haven before the US Open. As for Washington, the heat & humidity in the middle of summer is pretty oppressive--I'd rather start the US series in the milder Toronto climate!
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #11
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

She will play Washington as well

http://www.citiopentennis.com/news/w...lay_citi_open/
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM   #12
country flag Jakubzz

Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice

How do you think she'll do in Washington?
Jakubzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #13
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

I don't know.
The first tournament on a new surface is always tricky. But I hope she will win some matches.
She is top-seed so I hope she gets in the semifinal at least. There are some players she lost to this year (Cirstea, Makarova). But she played quite well in Wimbledon and lost to a very well playing Kanepi. In this form, she should beat many players.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM   #14
country flag Jakubzz

Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice Jakubzz is just really nice
Oh no, anyone but makarova
Jakubzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM   #15
country flag Poldo

I know what you mean