Alexandra Cadantu - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #1336
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumm View Post
Hmm...that is unlikely to happen if she plays like she did today.
My money's on Beck, but I guess we'll see tomorrow. But honestly, did she really played so great today? I'm asking because I only watched the last set and she seemed out of breath for most of it
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #1337
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Well I saw the first 2 sets and a few games in 3rd, until Alex gave it up. She had 4-0 in the first, Alex came back and served for the 1st set at 6-5 when she got broken. Knapp looked to have the edge all the time... really solid baseline shots, steped-up when she needed it with some decent agressive tennis. The length of her baseline shots is really good. I've also seen her match with Zakopalova last week, a good performance back than as well although she looked really tired (If I remember well she manage to make 3 df in a game). From my point of view, it will be a coin flip. Depends on how agresive Beck can be...Probably the memory of her losing to Yvone is still fresh in my mind and it clouds my judgement
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1338

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Thanks for the insight, scrumm. I will be definitely waiting for Knapp vs. Beck tomorrow, I just hope they won't play at the same time Simona will take over Pennetta

Yvone also defeated Larsson & Scheppers last week and played well against Halep (at least in the first two sets), and during the streaming of the final I heard the commentator repeating what great Yvone played the whole week, so maybe she just played way above her average to beat Annika.
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1339
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I have also searched vor a vid with her drinking. I noticed its hilarity last week.
Gif worthy but that could be mean towards Alex image on the forum.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #1340
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1341
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Hippie festival?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #1342

Only thing missing from this picture is a guitar for Cabeza Candela to softly sing "We Shall Overcome" for Alex
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1343
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she was born to be a hippy...i knew it

her match today was such a great one, I am impressed by how her career is developing...a better report soon to come

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #1344
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Well, could have, but no room if's & maybe's.

She could have won in straight sets today with Knapp, but she lost 67(5) 64 61.
Alex could have won in two sets,(Alex Dulgheru should have won in three) if they would be able to serve properly. This is a prob. not only for them, but for the majority of our players.

Others serve to obtain a benefit, or in the worst case, at least doesn't compromise ur game, such generally happens with our players. What's the problem? lack of strength, technique, training methods?

Always stuck in my mind a match between Bojana and Monica, Monica's first serve..Bojana enter a meter in field at the second serve gave another two steps forward, reaching almost halfway to its own field. Was painful.. worse than a Greek tragedy.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1345
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra D.'s main problem seems to be that she still has moments in which her knees don't want to obey. A lot of her DFs these days come from a still troubled service motion. She has problems bending through her knees at times and then she doesn't reach the height to toss the ball on the other side of the net.

Alexandra C.'s problem is that she actually doesn't have a second serve. It's a first serve with a bit less of speed and placement, but she can't spin it in or something.

Monica's serve is a catastrophe. She probably never learned how to serve properly in her early years and of course she could never really catch up the deficits in that regard.
And I remember that match and also that Bojana netted the return on one of the slowest second serves I've ever seen on WTA level where she was basically standing inside the service box.
Monica also hit a drop shot serve against Babos in Monterrey this year.

Other than that, Sorana, Simona and a healthy Irina-Camelia all have actually very good first serves for WTA level of competition.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1346
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

It says that the service is the most important shot in tennis.
It's incredible how a shot so important being so despised by the players and coaches.

I imagine that a 5 years old doesn't feel very attracted to this shot as is normal.
I practiced rugby, and if the coach is not watching us, everyone wanted a ball to ourselves,
and do that which gave us more pleasure... we ran slamming each other to the ground.
Five minutes without coach was a real mess.
So coach's job to make him understand the importance of service in the court,
but also in his future as a player.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #1347
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alex Good effort tho!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1348
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Another photo.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #1349
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Very nice discussion about the importance of the serve. Even as an outsider I would think it is only logical to prioritize teaching the serve because its quality practically dictates how each point is played.

A novice like me was impressed when yesterday evening a guy at a court next to the one I was playing brought a huge basket of balls and all he did was to practice the serve. The way he went about it was very interesting to me but I am pretty sure it must be normal procedure or close. He went like this: 1st serve outside, 2nd serve inside, 1st serve inside, 2nd serve outside using all the balls each time, 4 rounds total, alternating court sides. I also noticed how he didn't try to serve perfectly from the beginning and he would use the first 3-4 balls to adjust the range from outside the service box to inside. I kind of stopped playing for a while just to look at him and also allow my daughter to observe and see how it's done.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #1350
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Those pics make up for the loss imo
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote