Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #211
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

So it seems Hoggy and Caroline are official now....I really wonder what is the real reason of their split? Who is the mover? Masha or him?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #212
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Hoggy, WHY would you do that to yourself

Lawdy can't wait until their next match
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #213
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

LOL WUT.
Now that didn't take long for the didn't want to travel excuse to crumble.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #214
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
LOL WUT.
Now that didn't take long for the didn't want to travel excuse to crumble.
or did it
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #215
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

I thought he has personal issues and isn't able to travel anymore
Well I don't know why they stated it as a reason to split up, it is clear now it was a lie. But whatever
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #216
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Call me arrogant, but I really can't believe for a second Hogstedt would've chosen to dump Maria in favour of Woz
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #217
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

The tennis rumors are turning out to be true lately. A day or two before the announcement, Connors' name was floated around as a candidate(which I didn't take seriously) and it turns out to be accurate. Then on the very day Connors was introduced, I read speculation around here that there was a good chance Woz would be looking to hire Thomas. And sure enough...

I don't know, I just get the impression that Thomas was the one who dumped Maria and she was left scrambling to come up with someone on a bit of short notice(I'm sure Thomas did give her a heads up about his decision). But without any big names available, maybe Connors was the best she could come up with. A big name, whom she already had a relationship with.

If Thomas was, in fact, the dumper, and then using the travel excuse only to jump right to Caroline's team a couple of days later, then I lost a ton of respect for him.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #218
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Call me arrogant, but I really can't believe for a second Hogstedt would've chosen to dump Maria in favour of Woz
Seriously though, why would anyone do that? It has to be the other way round
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #219
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see your problem with Hogstedt and "I thought he was not able to travel etc."
it's not the end of the world if they split, besides the fact it should still be confirmed (I don't trust only an article on danish press ) I can only be happy for Caro if it's true
As I read somewhere earlier - - Hogstedt was good building from ruins but didn't really go anywhere about the endgame, so I think it's good for the slumping Woz and "thanks for everything but now we need to move on" with Maria
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #220
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post

I don't know, I just get the impression that Thomas was the one who dumped Maria and she was left scrambling to come up with someone on a bit of short notice(I'm sure Thomas did give her a heads up about his decision). But without any big names available, maybe Connors was the best she could come up with. A big name, whom she already had a relationship with.
Well of course you would

I find it hard to believe Connors would even be willing to suddenly decide to be her coach with just a few days' notice. I mean, this is someone who is retired and has been happily just having a "family life" in recent years -- so by coaching Maria he was committing himself to a major lifestyle change, which ANYONE would want to take quite a bit of time to consider. Add into that the fact that, as I was saying in the GM thread, coaching a woman is a HUGE risk for him (if it doesn't succeed, his reputation/ego will take a big blow) so I find it hard to believe he would've just rushed into this decision and that he would've wanted a lot of time to weigh up this decision before committing to it. So that alone suggests this had probably been under discussion for weeks or even months, imo.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #221
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Thomas just really loves reclamation projects. Maria's game was pretty down in the dumps when he started with her and he managed to help make her a consistent top 3 player and propelled her to that 4th slam.

And now with Caroline's career in a tailspin for the past year and a half, he sees another opportunity to challenge himself. It's possible he was bored with Maria or they were bored with each other and they felt no progress was being made anymore.
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #222
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well of course you would

I find it hard to believe Connors would even be willing to suddenly decide to be her coach with just a few days' notice. I mean, this is someone who is retired and has been happily just having a "family life" in recent years -- so by coaching Maria he was committing himself to a major lifestyle change, which ANYONE would want to take quite a bit of time to consider. Add into that the fact that, as I was saying in the GM thread, coaching a woman is a HUGE risk for him (if it doesn't succeed, his reputation/ego will take a big blow) so I find it hard to believe he would've just rushed into this decision and that he would've wanted a lot of time to weigh up this decision before committing to it. So that alone suggests this had probably been under discussion for weeks or even months, imo.
MTE
Mexicola's world: where Thomas Hogstedt SUDDENLY drops Maria Sharapova, telling lies, just to work with Caroline Wozniacki (WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO BOTH)

EDIT:

Quote:
Maybe Thomas just really loves reclamation projects. Maria's game was pretty down in the dumps when he started with her and he managed to help make her a consistent top 3 player and propelled her to that 4th slam.

And now with Caroline's career in a tailspin for the past year and a half, he sees another opportunity to challenge himself. It's possible he was bored with Maria or they were bored with each other and they felt no progress was being made anymore.

See, that's much more reasonable imho.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #223
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think bored is the correct word to use. But yeah, it seems pretty likely that they both came to an agreement that there wasn't too much more Thomas could offer. He seems to be a brilliant tennis analyst and technical coach - these aspects will be of massive benefit (in dire need) to Caroline - much more so than Masha at this point. But I guess it's all just speculation at this point.

I think a Caro/Masha match will be interesting considering Thomas knows every little in-and-out of Maria's game A bit unnerving But I wish him the best anyway because he did tremendous things with restructuring her forehand for slower surfaces...it really was a brilliant example of coaching with purpose.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #224
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
It's the post-Slam depression

It should wear off when a tournament starts
Hopefully. We already have Mexicola for that.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #225
country flag Mexicola

Quote:
Well of course you would

Would it really be that much of a risk for Connors at this point in his career? At his age and little success and experience as a coach, it's not like tennis players were banging down his door asking him to coach. He could view this as his last great chance to get into the spotlight and be a part of tennis one last time, coaching one of the biggest stars ever. What reputation does he have? No matter what happens with Maria, he'll still be considered an all-time great player. And he never brought success to Roddick, so it's not like his coaching prowess is revered and he's putting it on the line handling a female player.

I don't think he has anything to lose at all here. Whether he lasts 6 months, a year, or whatever, I think he's going to enjoy being relevant again. It won't dent his family life much, I don't think. Maria is the one with everything at stake in this partnership.