2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4 - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #751
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: 2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
They talked about her state of mind after winning Wimbledon, the difference we feel between being a finalist and a winner (*huge* difference, it's not comparable, she said ), the few points at 6-1 5-1, 40-15 that she lost because she felt totally paralyzed, the moment she could win Wimbledon and thinking of 20 years of hard work, having dreamed so much about it. The split with her father, the way she learned to train with other persons (Mauresmo and the French team), she had up and downs in the early season, injured at Madrid, didn't play well at the French since she hates the humid weather that is bad for her game, that she felt good at Wimbledon, felt she could play intensely each match from start to finish.

More importantly: she said she feels she has a wide marge again to play better, physically. So to answer another thread, she doesn't plan to stay there or take a rest: she wants to do better again, so watch out, Big Top 3!
And she also explained why she was so confident at *5-4 :
- New balls
- Best side of CC with wind in the back and something i never heard from a tennis player who did play on CC - Opposite side of the court is higher than Royal box side
- Game plans clear in her mind

As soon as she was *30-00 up with two winners, she knew that dream was going to come true. And when she saw white dust on her ace, she achieved the mission.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #752
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
And she also explained why she was so confident at *5-4 :
- New balls
- Best side of CC with wind in the back and something i never heard from a tennis player who did play on CC - Opposite side of the court is higher than Royal box side
- Game plans clear in her mind

As soon as she was *30-00 up with two winners, she knew that dream was going to come true. And when she saw white dust on her ace, she achieved the mission.
Yeah that was interesting. She said it was the same on Chatrier at RG. Had no idea about that.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #753
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Yeah that was interesting. She said it was the same on Chatrier at RG. Had no idea about that.
Yeah I heard somewhere that all tennis courts are built on a 3-4 degree angle, so that water can run off when it rains.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #754
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Yep, I had never heard of that either, but she sounded sincere so I believe it's true? Marion impressed me by the quality of her analysis in every department of her game. She's known for her hard training but seems to think a lot, too.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #755
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, I had never heard of that either, but she sounded sincere so I believe it's true? Marion impressed me by the quality of her analysis in every department of her game. She's known for her hard training but seems to think a lot, too.
She has a high IQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
on blue an green clay, which are absolutely different surfaces to the red clay at Philippe Chatrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
she certainly lit a torch up yo ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
Things lose their charm the minute money becomes involved.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #756
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Marion won the toss and choose to serve. And Sabine decided to receive on this opposite side of CC. Sabine probably also knew about this fact. And she broke.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #757
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

does wimbleBINE sound like some tropical fruit or is it just me?

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #758
Sarindipity

Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute Sarindipity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
does wimbleBINE sound like some tropical fruit or is it just me?
Only you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
serena's not gonna win it. you know it. it's a stupid award yes but she's not gonna get it. like that 18. it's not gonna happen. bye now.
Sarindipity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #759
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarindipity View Post
Only you.
As always.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #760
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Another great interview with Marion (sorry in French).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpqIotX_px4
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #761
country flag Bosco123

Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Another great interview with Marion (sorry in French).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpqIotX_px4
She seems so nice in this interview.

it's so frustrating seeing this interview and wanting to get to know Marion even more but with the inability to understand a word.

Bosco123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #762
country flag 雨傘

雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future 雨傘 has a brilliant future

I'm glad now it was Cake who won this match. The right player won. Marion was smart in letting Bine have all the attention, doing all those useless distracting interviews cute as custard pie, while she quietly prepared for the match of her life. So while Bine went in the final completely undone, as it turned out, it was Marion who was ready and worthy to win.

I hope Bine will make an IRON resolution with herself NEVER to lose a match like this again.

If she can do that, she is capable of a multi slam career.

Last edited by 雨傘 : Jul 13th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
雨傘 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #763
country flag Bosco123

Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo View Post
I'm glad now it was Cake who won this match. The right player won. Marion was smart in letting Bine have all the attention, doing all those useless distracting interviews cute as custard pie, while she quietly prepared for the match of her life. So while Bine went in the final completely undone, as it turned out, it was Marion who was ready and worthy to win.

I hope Bine will make an IRON resolution with herself NEVER to lose a match like this again.

If she can do that, she is capable of a multi slam career.
you mean a multi wimbledon winner?, that might be possible, but she will never win any other slam.
Bosco123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #764
country flag cehowardrx7
74,Old,Dirty & Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

In looking at the replay over 5 times, I really am impressed on the way Bartoli handled getting broken in the first game. IMO, that should have rattled her, and given Lisicki more confidence and the momentum. Lisicki has a good rep on serving. With it being her serve and a good possibility of going 2-love, Bartoli held strong and kept her focus and stuck to her game plan and broke right back..

IMO, that is the mark of champion.. On the biggest tennis stage, Bartoli buckled down, played her game. The result of that, was Lisicki wasn't expecting to get fired back at so soon. Lisicki was thinking about holding that trophy and all the interviews, and all that stuff. That is just my opinon. Where Bartoli had one thing in mind, and that was to stay FOCUSED on each shot and each game.. The results also shown where Lisicki for no reason at all, let her nerves or whatever take over. Her concentration and focus was shot. Resulting in Bartoli running off 6 straight games..During that run, Lisicki was not able to calm herself or regroup.

Bartoli, a TRUE WIMBLEDON CHAMPION..
:thumb:

74,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #765
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco123 View Post
you mean a multi wimbledon winner?, that might be possible, but she will never win any other slam.
I'll remind you.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote