Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 242 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #3616
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

I don't see a reason for her to call it a career unless her body completely falls apart.

She is at 30% or so the whole year and still beats/makes it competitive against Top 100 players.

Let her be fit again and she will easily start a Torro-Flor like ITF streak to get her ranking back on track.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #3617
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Common, it's just a toe. It can take a while to heal but it's not that bad.
This is not about the toe incident yesterday. It's about all her injuries. Can't be good for one's confidence to play qualies and then retire injured in the first round.

"Discutând cu eminentul antrenor Gheorghe Văideanu am aflat istoria gravelor accidentări care au ţinut-o aproape trei ani pe Alexandra departe de locul ei adevărat în tenis. La 16 ani, ea se bătea de la egal la egal cu jucătoarele care urcă azi în topul mondial. A suferit mult, jucând apoi în turnee care ştia că sunt sub valoarea ei."

And even now, she's top 300 when she should be top 50. At least. That can't be good.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3618
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a matter of personality.

There are players like Elena Bogdan who will probably never recover from a slump (which doesn't even have to be injury related), but there are also other players like Duque-Marino who after years of injuries and total irrelevance come back again to play their best career tennis.

She will always be injury-probe, I guess, but there is no reason not to see her back in the Top 100 at least.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3619

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Let her be fit again and she will easily start a Torro-Flor like ITF streak to get her ranking back on track.
That's the whole problem with her at this time. Her body is having problems all the time lately. If it's not a knee, it's the other one, and when the knees are fine she needs a wrist surgery and when the wrist seems fine, the toes are pulling her out of competition...

I admire her strength and will power, and I hope I'm wrong on this one, but right now I give her one more year. Can't be easy to always be between two injuries.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #3620
country flag Curcubeu

If Oprandi and Knapp are still playing, very successful playing in 2013, Alexandra will do the same in a couple of years if she can keep up her level of motivation of course.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #3621

You say Oprandi & Knapp, I say Gojnea & Olaru, for Alexandra's mindset is closer to those of Gojnea & Olaru.

But I hope and pray that you're right and we'll see Alex healthy, playing & enjoying succes for many years to come
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #3622
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
You say Oprandi & Knapp, I say Gojnea & Olaru, for Alexandra's mindset is closer to those of Gojnea & Olaru.
How do you know that? I can't see Alexandra placed in the same category as Raluca. She is much stronger mentally than any of those two.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3623

I don't know for a fact, obviously, but I think nobody here knows for sure, it's just my feeling about this. Alex might be strong mentally, but first she needs to solve her fitness problems. And those problems never cease for her

I am still waiting to see that one Romanian player who takes her professional tennis career in her thirties. So far almost all of them retired before they reached 30 (Ruzici & Spirlea both at 27), Dragomir was an was an exception and lasted til 33, but her career after 30 was a joke, always injured and always ranked around 300-400 in the world. Gallovits-Hall is 28 and already took a long break before calling it a career (I'm 100% sure that she only has a few tournaments left to play). It's just something that Romanian players do. And almost all of them blame it on the injuries when they retire.

I love to see Kimiko out there, but I strongly doubt we'll see any Romanians playing after 30 anytime soon. I repeat this is not a fact, it's just what I feel. And I hope I'm wrong.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #3624

Of course, I am only talking about our top players. Kimiko de Romania (aka Aurica Zarnoveanu) was never in my mind when I wrote the previous post
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3625
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Uncurv, you have to admit that the sample size of top Romanian tennis players from the past is pretty small. It's interesting to watch what's going to happen with the "new wave".
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #3626

I admit I'm curious to see what the Nouvelle Vague will do, but it's just so painful sometimes

And if it's painful for us to watch I can't even imagine how painful it must be for them experiencing all these injuries and laid back post-injury periods, as well as starting all over again from scratch and playing qualies when you know you should be playing in the main draws of Grand Slams and Premier events. Hopefully the Nouvelle Nouvelle Vague (Jac, the Roscas and Ilka) will have more luck and less injuries.

(I can't wait for Jac to reach no. 1 in singles, because that will happen. Mark my words!)
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #3627
country flag codrutc

Question, did Alexandra officially withdraw from Bastad?
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 01:29 AM   #3628

Quote:
Question, did Alexandra officially withdraw from Bastad?
Nope. Still in the main draw.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #3629
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Nope. Still in the main draw.
Can you please tell me where you get the entry lists?
In this case the the official site doesn't even list Alexandra.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #3630
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Can you please tell me where you get the entry lists?
In this case the the official site doesn't even list Alexandra.
Updated list in the first post:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=543865
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote