Nina fans Off-Topic Thread - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #286
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nina fans Off-Topic Thread

Well, Katrin, itīs such a shame that your adventures ended but so does everything in life. Atleast you had a great time, thatīs what matters the most

And tell me, have your Spanish skills improved? Would you be able to maintain a conversation with a native, for example? And this happens to everybody, has the grammar driven you crazy?.

Iīm not surprised everyone quickly noticed youīre from some Slavic country (They surely canīt known youīre exactly from Estonia ), because well,itīs easy: almost all of us ae more the Latin type: much darker skin, eyes and hair colour, you know . And LOL at the people knowing Estonia because of the ESC. I thought it was totally useless, guess not BTW,I always wanted to ask you, your hair is blonde or red?

Itīs unfortunate what happened to you when diving. Iīve never done anything like that so I donīt know how it feels though, admittedly, I donīt like the water very much so Iīm not too keen of doing so .

And BTW what did you reply to him when he asked you if you had been partying the night before? .Surely he must have been joking

Itīs great you finally went to Madrid! . Those touristic buses are everywhere (Iīve never been to one in Madrid, but Iīve been to those in some other cities, like Lisbon, and those are cool ; ) ).You learn a lot about the city and see things that you couldnīt have seen if you were just walking . TBH itīs no surprise that you were more than surprised, Madrid is BIG : lol :

And what are the Alsa Supra bus like? Never heard of them. I know Alsa is a popular bus company,but Alsa Supra...no idea whatīs is that. Though it must be amazing for what you say

What about the gazpacho? Did you like it?

Also, you did well in trying the horchatas to fight the heat ; ). Poor you that didnīt like the first one : hug : ,but glad it had its good use : D

Iīm not surprised you have to witness a protest. They are EVERYWHERE these days and with a good reason. Beyond useless and shameless villians is what our political people are. Though itīs our fault to vote them I guess . Must be because back then everyone thought the other party was even worse but guess not...Anyway this is off-topic so Iīm gonna leave it at there. Also I lolīd when you said that a protest in Estonia is just two people with a poster : lol :. Surely must be because people there doesnīt have as much to complain as we do : shrug :

I canīt believe you missed El Oso y el Madroņo. They are just in Puerta del Sol, itīs unbelievable you didnīt see them . And ugh @ Sponge Bob. How I loathe this stupid character

Pretty cool photos Katrin : yeah : : cool :. That ship-restaurant looks amazing : eek :

I live in Extremadura, dunno if you had ever heard about this region. Probably not though . Weīre from 300ks away from Madrid : p. And we still are one of the most rural regions in Spain : tape :

I want to change my university because the first year Iīve been in University King Juan Carlos, in Fuenlabrada, one of those cities of 100,000+ people that are near Madrid. But itīs not the same as Madrid, and I just want to be in Madrid because it has everything. Iīm gonna tell you, we have a pretty good friends of my parents who live in Fuenlabrada and since last year was my first year far from home, my parents thought I would go with them so they kind of felt more safe about me. But I was bored there so I decided to try something bigger. And thatīs Madrid, as you can already guess : p

Great holidays you had : worship :.Hopefully youīll come again in the upcoming years ; )
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #287
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Estonia isn't a slavic country, but well who'll know that anyway. We're in the same boat with Finns and Hungarians (though I understand Hungarian about as well as Chinese).

Actually I don't think I look too different of a Spaniard in winter, I have brown hair and brown eyes. Just my skin goes redish because of the heavy sun (I don't look like a complete lobster though, and later it goes more normal color).

Talking of different people.. I had a quite interesting conversation at the beach one time. There was one Indian guy, and he started talking to me because he saw my dictionary (yeah, I dragged it everywhere), so he knew I can talk English. One of his first questions was how many sisters I have, and was disappointed I had just one. Next question was if she's married, and when he heard she's single, he wanted to see her picture. I said I don't have one with me at the beach, and he asked me why not, don't I love her

My Spanish.. well I think I took a bit too low level, because it was more like a refreshing my memory + some more vocabulary. I told them I'm level A1, I also took some grammar test, so they put me to A1. I now think I should have taken A2. I really hoped I could use past tense in the end of the 2 weeks, but apparently not Well I can only use this kind of form for past tense, for example yo he paseado ...
But in general I can pretty much cope with everyday life, like going to a store, asking for a price, understanding what the reply is about, asking for directions and stuff like this. I even listened to a radio, I didn't really understand everything but there was this lady on the phone who talked about her husband, they had been together for almost 30 years. I guess he cheated on her, or something happened, and now he wanted forgiveness or whatever. Either way they were yapping on and on about it forever.
So yeah, I can talk to a native about really really basic stuff. I can understand more, than I can talk though. Well, this instructor guy in the boat talked Spanish to me, though he can also talk English as there were some non-Spanish speaking people too. And I think he actually meant it when he asked me about the party last night I told him I didn't, which is true, or it had been even more embarrassing.

Well the Alsa's bus Supra.. maybe it's something normal for you, but here it certainly would have a wow effect. This bus had it's own screens for each person. It was possible to watch TV, movies or the camera installed in front of the bus (basically see the road like on the first seat, but it was lagging), listen to radio (didn't work though) or music (some selected artists I had never heard of, and also non-Spanish), or follow the bus' live on the map. (But with your own headphones though.) They also provided a free water, though as I understand from the little advertisement on daily trips they have like a stewardess there, but I'm not sure.

Estonians have A LOT to complain about. But when it's time for actions no one really wants to put their skin to the market and "make a fool" of themselves. Like for example when we gave this money to help Greece, stuff like this started appearing on the Internet (but people would not go to protest against it):

Though in March we had teacher's protest on pretty large scale. Not quite like in Spain at the moment, but a bit on this direction.

Now I know Extremadura Poco a poco. It's not like I knew Alicante before I went there either.

So you'll be living in Madrid for a few years! How great is that! Now you can have a touristic tour almost every day (actually I know once you live there, you'll have so much other stuff to do that you barely think of going to Puerta del Sol for example).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #288
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my bad. I know Estonia is a baltic country but somehow I thought Baltic and Slavic are related in some ways...Guess not

Well most of us have black hair instead of brown but yeah if youīre like that,I dunno how those employees knew youīre not from Spain . And about your skin going red because of the sun, guess what? Happens to everyone and tends to happen because of a extreme sunbathing (doesnīt matter if you were searching for it or not)

You took with you your Spanish dictionary wherever you went? How cute . About that Indian guy...well if anyone I donīt know starts asking about something personal about my sister...well I would feel a bit akward for sure (and I would think that guy is a creepy one ).

About the Spanish language...everyone says itīs difficult to learn,donīt know why (Actually I do,must be because the grammar was made in hell for those who are not native) but as you said, you can do some basic stuff which is pretty important . And it happens to everyone, they can understand more than they can talk.And donīt worry, with time and patience you will leave the A level and became B or C or whatever you want .Also you have been to the country, youīve experienced the radio, the conversations etc...It can only help you in the future plus should use it as a mirror to improve. Iīm saying this because I guess not everyone who studies a foreign language is able to go to that country and stay there for a while so youīre lucky IMO but I guess you already know that

Well,this Supra Alsa bus is amazing. Iīve never been in a bus like that, I can assure you. And if they even have like a stewardess, well that looks more of a plane than a bus .Good for you on trying that, now I must try that bus too

If the information in the shirt is right, well then you Estonians have all the right to complain, even more than the Greeks .I didnīt know things were as bad there but isnīt the Government too strict about the complaints? E.g. sending the cops to end a manifestation? That would explain why everyone is complaining but noone acts. I really hope that isnīt the case,because itīs almost like going backwards about your own freedom..

In your Spanish class they didnīt tell you about "Las Comunidades Autónomas"? Theyīre what you would call a region, and in Spain there are 17 of those. Itīs like the States of EEUU. every one is different and have differents laws and such, but of course there, things arenīt such as big as in USA . And then you have Ceuta and Melilla, two autonomic cities that donīt belong to any of those 17 CCAA(Comunidades Autónomas). The Central Government, which is in the capital, controls Spain. Iīm telling you that because Extremadura is one of those CCAA. Alicante isnīt a CCAA, itīs included in Comunidad Valenciana, alongside Valencia & Castellón : p

BTW about Valencia, did you finally bought some oranges de Valencia?

Well actually Iīll be living in Madrid from October onwards but Iīll plan to keep on living in the future. (Not if I get a spot in AgaSport or similar as a tennis journalist, which is for what Iīm studying for ) Everyone says that living in Madrid is pretty stressful,gotta check that by myself...I hope is not as bad as everyone makes out to be . But yeah if I live in Madrid Iīll get to know the town very well so the touristic walks arenīt that out of question
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #289
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I bought oranges, but I don't know if they were from Valencia. So, anyway when I was already back in Estonia I saw a sign at the supermarket that said Valencia's orange, and the country of origin was... Egypt

Once we actually talked about the communities, well sort of. It came up with transportation, that there are regional trains which are cheaper than the other ones. So then I asked how many regions there were, but she said she didn't remember exactly. I thought maybe in Spain it's not discussed at school Ceuta and Melilla are in Africa (just checked), very interesting.

Actually I don't find Spanish so difficult. The grammar isn't as easy as in English, but I think it's fine (or maybe I haven't got to the hard part yet). The most confusing so far is using SER or ESTAR, but with time it comes more of an instinct. Same with conjugation (though it's annoying at times when I have to think which form I want to use, and then start going in my head like hablo, hablas, habla, hablamos, hablais, hablan).
You're right, I'm lucky and I know it Actually the greatest thing has been that I've had native speakers as teachers. It adds so much more, especially with the cultural and everyday stuff. Though if you're not in it, it's kind of hard to imagine everyday life from a distant (I had heard about how people would eat late, but I realized it just in Spain when I saw little kids playing at park at 10 pm).
Kids who have a chance to take part of summer camps abroad to learn another language, have a really great advantage IMO.

Well, it's already a step in a right direction if someone even knows there's a country Estonia We're a Baltic country, but we have totally different language of Latvia and Lithuania (they have similar languages, but those are also not Slavic, though they are part of the Indo-European language tree). Sort of like Finland is a Nordic country, but has a totally different language of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland.

We could complain, and have protests, but I guess we're too lazy. Estonians whine and bitch, but when there's chance to do something it's like 'let others do it, I don't want to get in the middle of this'. So thankfully it's not because the government would "put people away" if it got too uncomfortable for them The bigger problem is that there are no strong labor unions to fight for the rights. Yes, there are rights at work by the law, but the employers usually find some hole to skip it. Or as it is at the moment with high unemployment rate, they would say "if you don't accept these conditions I'll take someone else", because there's a line out of the door, and people would do anything just to get some work.. Totally slave's mentality, and I don't think there'll be a change for the better anytime soon. There are very few positions here where the employee could dictate the conditions.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #290
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

How is everyone?
I'm going to Greece next week so I'm going to be off TF for a while probably. Hopefully when I'm gone Nina will win a lot of matches in the US

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #291
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
I'm doing fine. Have a great time in Greece!
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 10:07 AM   #292
country flag Nederlander RUS

Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Nina will win a lot of matches in the US
would be great
I am going to Barcelona next week.
Wishing everyone here great time at and off vacations
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #293
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona is a nice city
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM   #294

Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of

yeah, hoping that the weather also will be nice.

We had a very good weather here in St-Petersburg in June and July, now it got worse, today it's rainy and only 16 C
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #295
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Here it's the hottest day of the year. More than 35 degrees, you cannot come outside
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:26 PM   #296

My friend from Kortrijk says the same, now she is chilling out a bit here in SPb, as it is chilly here atm