Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #31
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

I expected this to happen sooner. Better late than never.
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #32
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

A female please. Preferably someone with the first name Martina.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #33
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Hingis or Navratilova?
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #34
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Hingis or Navratilova?
either
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #35
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Huh...did not see this coming. But I guess she thinks she needs some new input? Very curious to see who she will be working with, hope she finds someone soon/ already has someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post
Also, I'll be pissed if, as GM says, Hoggy goes to work with Woz or pretty much any of Maria's rivals. I'm OK with him coaching juniors like Michael Joyce did, although Max/the lawyers probably have some agreements in place about what Hoggy can and cannot do for now.
I don't know the real reasons for the split but if he continues coaching there is no way Hoggy goes to coach juniors imo - unless he settles down in some academy because of the not wanting to travel anymore argument. He's too good of a coach, too established in tennis to do that. And that's what happens in sports business - you split and find a new place to work. Not that big of a deal.

Last edited by Nina. : Jul 12th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #36
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
And I'm not one to throw out theories based on nothing, but over the past year or so, you've seen Maria start Sugarpova, start Twitter, start her Facebook channel, and devote more time to her boyfriend. Maybe Thomas didn't feel he was getting Maria 100% anymore out of her, lost some patience, and decided he had done all he could as a coach.
I have to admit, there's been times over the past couple of months where I've wondered if something's up in her personal life, because she's been acting a bit out of character. Maybe it was because of tension in her camp / with Hogstedt?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #37
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

The fuck!?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #38
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
I think Maria It'll be a men but i have no idea whov she will hire
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #39
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

Surprising. Did not expect that. But if Maria does it in the middle of the season, I guess she feels it became an emergency and she's been thinking about it quite a lot. She has three warm-ups to play until USO I guess, which gives her time to adapt to her new coach's technique etc. I can see several scenarios.

1) She wants to get closer to Dimitrov, and will hire a coach from his academy so that they can train together or something.
2) She wants to take the next step in her game, hit harder with much more consistency, then she might choose Ricardo Sanchez who is a PERFECT FIT
3) UNLIKELY : She wants to put some variety in her game and will hire Navratilova, Hingis or Rodriguez (Haha). In fact, I guess it would be a great move because she DOES HAVE a good hand, great dropshots, good volleys, killer shots to go take on the net, so maybe it is the time to do so and physically it is less demanding so yeah...
4) She might get back her dad for few times and if they work out, he'll stay around. I actually like Yuri !
5) MY DREAM : She hires Dementieva <3

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #40
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope it's NOT Yuri or any other relative/friend. She needs a "professional" imo.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #41
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

i didn't see this coming at this time of the season , it's a crucial moment the us open series is geting closer , and i don't buy the personal reasons thing

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #42
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post

Martha doesn't need VIP's scraps, and it doesn't seem like Sears helped Ivanovic accomplish much in making any progress so I question how effective he would be with Maria.
I was just kidding, I actually disliked the work Sears has done with Ana in the past year or so. Yes, he got her back after the worst of her falls, but after that, he did nothing to improve her game or psychological problems, which IMO are a greater problem for her right now. Anyway, I'm really interested in seeing who her new coach will be, hopefully someone who will continue Hoggy's legacy in true colors

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #43
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
I don't mind Yuri back. Maria played on fire with him around. Any coach from ATP player side? I'm sure Thomas is not going to work with Wozniacki because of the entire family around. Possibly Nigel will be working with Wozniacki. I think it could be someone she knows for a while. Knowing her, she's not gonna work with a new person in the middle of the season. Perhaps Michael will help her in a bit first?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #44
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Some suppose that it can be Brad Gilbert. It would be not bad I guess.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #45
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
He's too good of a coach, too established in tennis to do that. And that's what happens in sports business - you split and find a new place to work. Not that big of a deal.
I guess for me, it's an issue of confidentiality and Maria facing Hoggy's future player in a big tourney and being at a competitive disadvantage because of it. I know it happens (after all, Maria "stole" Hoggy from Li), but just leaves a bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I was just kidding
I was mostly kidding, too. I don't know much about coaches so maybe Sears is a good coach, but his track record with VIP leaves a lot to be desired. I almost think he has to prove himself in being able to take a player to the next level, and I don't like the idea of Maria being that "trial" or "proof point" player if it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Some suppose that it can be Brad Gilbert. It would be not bad I guess.
Again, don't know much about coaches, but I cringe at this one mostly because of his twitter and inability to pronounce/spell players' names correctly.

Also, I don't like the fact that she said "in the next few days," mostly because it means we won't find out this week as she's probably not releasing information over the weekend. Maybe it will be a picture during her first(?) practice post-Wimbledon the week before Stanford.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote