Maria and Thomas go seperate ways - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #16
country flag Charlottepova

Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice Charlottepova is just really nice
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Bad news
Charlottepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #17
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I'm really upset by this news. As has been mentioned, Maria's game seems to have hit a wall in recent months and there's been no discernable improvement anywhere from her in 2013. But, ultimately, it's up to Maria to stay motivated and to want to continue improving. And I'm not one to throw out theories based on nothing, but over the past year or so, you've seen Maria start Sugarpova, start Twitter, start her Facebook channel, and devote more time to her boyfriend. Maybe Thomas didn't feel he was getting Maria 100% anymore out of her, lost some patience, and decided he had done all he could as a coach.

Maria's in limbo right now and I'm not sure which direction she goes. I could see her not winning much anymore, as she ages and finds more outside interests, and I could also see her making another determined push to be the best for the next couple of years and win another slam or two. But no matter who the coach is, SHE must make the commitment to be great and, it's just my opinion, I don't think Maria has given her all to tennis this year.

So, in the end, Thomas's legacy will be helping Maria embrace fitness and increasing her endurance, giving her the boost she needed to become a better clay court player, and leading her to that elusive French Open title. It was a great partnership while it lasted and they did benefit each other.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #18
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

First off, thanks to Hogstedt for helping make RG12 happen.

Shocked and kind of worried about this honestly. Not sure what is going on in the Pova camp, but I hope Maria has thought this through and has another coach who will help push her to the next level and build on what she's done so far. I agree that her game seems to have stalled a bit this year, but the timing is worrying because she is doing this in the middle of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Nigel Sears is open and in the market
Martha doesn't need VIP's scraps, and it doesn't seem like Sears helped Ivanovic accomplish much in making any progress so I question how effective he would be with Maria.

Also, I'll be pissed if, as GM says, Hoggy goes to work with Woz or pretty much any of Maria's rivals. I'm OK with him coaching juniors like Michael Joyce did, although Max/the lawyers probably have some agreements in place about what Hoggy can and cannot do for now.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #19
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

I like Thomas. He helped our girl to get her career back on track and finally completed her career slam

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #20
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Good or bad, this is another career turning point for Maria. A lot to be learned over the next 6 months.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #21
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

WUT. This is so unexpected . Who are we gonna get now?? A woman legend I hope .
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #22
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Thanks Thomas, but I'm not sad at all. I know Thomas helps her a lot but don't know why i still think It's all on Maria's mind
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #23
country flag C_Dub

C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all C_Dub is a name known to all

I believe her next couch will be Anna Wintour!
C_Dub is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #24
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

Really don't know how to react yet...but I am kinda shocked....I love this guy, he is great human being who supported her like father....maybe it is because of her Wim performance? it was her goal after all....who will be her new coach? Aren't all good ones occupied now?
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #25
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

This is quite some surprising news. The official announcement seems to indicate there has not been controversy between Maria and Thomas. I'm grateful for how Thomas has brought a rather inconsistent Maria to two successful seasons that included reaching the Career Slam. Whether Maria could have further improved, I'm not sure.
I hope she finds another equally professional partner that helps her to become even more successful. My wish is to see again Maria hitting these deadly accurate flat shots and come more often to the net....
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #26
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think one area she looked superb in this year, with Thomas, was the IW/Miami stretch. But maybe that Miami final was the nail in the coffin because she had progressed so far in the match. But everyone needs to remember, particularly in GM, that it's not all about Serena. Yeh ofc her goal is to beat her main nemesis, but Masha's world doesn't revolve around Serena. It's an important factor, but it's highly likely she's had someone lined up for at least a month now. There's no way the Pova team would dream of splitting with a coach a la JJ/Vip
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #27
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

this really suck

he built her mentally, give her confidence and brought her game to A-level and make her solid and consistant player... why throw away all of that

and in the middle of season..

maybe that is reason why she was in sweden last week, the decided to go separated and maybe she found new coach in grigor's academy which is in sweden

if she start to suck again it was enough drama with her

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #28
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

STOP THE DRAMA

I'm as surprised as you are, but keep in mind that Maria is not one to suddenly take these kind of important decisions without thinking about it.
This comes out of the blue to all of us, but I think it was planned for long time, as you can guess by the fact she said herself:"I'm excited to announce who the next coach will be!", so it's already decided and maybe they've already began working together.

I liked Thomas in the past three years, basically since I've been "back" watching tennis and even more than I ever did, I think (as I heard on TV comments sometimes) he improved a lot her claycourt game and I'm sure he's been a key factor in winning RG. I don't think it's anything to be afraid of, I guess it may be a good time (as she doesn't have much at stake right now) to move on and find a way to step up her game on fast courts and take it to another level.

I can't wait to see who she will be working with.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #29
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

not expected at all!
but kind of buy the reason tbh, Hoggy did great jop with Masha in the last three years, thank you Thomas

about the new coach
Larry Stefanki anyone?
i think he's one of the best coaches in the world imo, go get him masha!

i think its good for Masha, we will see ..
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #30
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably for the better.

He did wonders for Maria's game and helped her win Roland Garros, but I'm sure Maria wants to improve even further.

Can't wait to see how her game will evolve with a new coach.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote