Sorana News And Articles - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #226
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sorana News And Articles

"It was not so simple. I would have had to beat Bartoli ... I have to think that the level is pretty even and that it's not easy to beat any player ranked 100."

She may be right, but she needs the belief that she WILL beat most top 100 players. Too often, it seems like she's hoping for luck. She shouldn't need luck against players outside the top 10. She has the tools (except for the belief).
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #227
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

She cried all night after losing to Giorgi

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #228
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Sorana finished her Adidas sponsored training in Las Vegas and is now headed to Palo Alto for her first tournament of the US Open series.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #229
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ament-11251315

You have reached #21 in the world, the best position you have ever occupied. How are you?
Excellent. I am very glad, but I don't care much about my ranking position. I am most pleased that my game has progressed further. Being ranked 21st is the result of the hard work that I have invested in training and through my latest victories.

Let's take a radiograph of your week in Toronto. How was it playing Olga Savchuk in the first round?
It was a very difficult game because it was the first one in the tournament. I have not played sensational, but it was enough to win.

Followed Caroline Wozniacki ...
I started very badly. I was close to an exit, but the fact that I saved two match points and then got 15 points in a row says something about how well I recovered.

Was it a little easier against Jelena Jankovic?
Not at all, but I have improved and I was able to take the opportunities I got to take revenge for the defeat at Miami.

In the quarters you have defeated the Czech Petra Kvitova for the first time. (Romanian sports media fail)
And how hard it was! Petra is an uncomfortable player with a totally different style of play than most girls on the circuit.

You have played the Chinese Li Na more often in the past... Yes, but it's good that I met her in the semifinals and not in the early stages of the tournament, as it was until recently. Li Na may have been the best match. I felt very strong mentally and I was able to translate everything I had in mind on to the court.

What happened in the final with Serena?
I got a bad day. Nothing worked. I could not serve and felt low on my mentality ... I've been a little tired after a long tour ...

Were you nervous?
No. Not at all. I just had an off-day. I was a little disappointed in myself at the end.

Why were you crying at award ceremony?
I had high hopes for the final. I really wanted to win and it was quite a let-down.

You received a lot of vocal support from the stands.
I never thought I'd meet a patriotic atmosphere so far away from home. The Romanians in Toronto were great, they made me feel at home and I want to thank them so much. I am grateful as well to those who sent me thousands of messages on social networks.

How do you explain your ascendant lately?
The changes I made date back longer than just a few weeks, but now I see the results of it. After Wimbledon I took a vacation after which I felt really good. Then I came to America and I had between 6-8 hours preparation a day. I can say that I've changed, I've matured, I've learned from past mistakes and take things step by step. For me and my staff it was not a big surprise how far I came in Toronto.

Which influence has the new Australian coach Darren Cahill on Sorana?
Darren is with me for six years, but only in recent weeks he worked together really closely. He gave me a lot of confidence, taught me not to give up and always believe in myself. Besides Darren, Victor Ionita is playing an important role as well, as he has sacrificed the last two years to be with me.

Which advice did Graf and Agassi give you?
Besides a lot of technical and tactical related stuff, I always say that a great athlete must be human. I was advised to always be humble, down to earth and only look at my game and my life.

What can we expect from Sorana at the U.S. Open?
The U.S. Open are still far away. I want to play the tournament at Cincinnati and then I'll think of the U.S. Open. I can tell you that I will get my game working and I will try to give everything on court.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #230
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-secret-weapon
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM   #231
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see our girls getting some recognition

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...an-renaissance
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #232
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Great year end interview with Sorana

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...n-wta-11643098

How was the year 2013 for you?
It was a good year in which I have progressed. I began the year ranked 27th on the WTA tour and I finished 22th. I made small, but firm steps. Overall it was a steady year, I played better from month to month and I'm pleased with what I achieved .

What was your best win this year?
It was certainly achieved in Toronto. I think the match against Wozniacki or Jankovic in the first two rounds. From my point of view, they were the hardest matches. Then I got so much confidence that I felt I could beat anyone. The following victories have therefore not seemed so special.

And the toughest defeat?
There were several. It's between the failures at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. After going far in Toronto, I wanted very much to play a good tournament and I failed ... the frustration of my failure was high. And in London, after the match (against Camila Giorgi 6-7 , 6-7 ) , I said that if I would have played 100 times against her, I would have lost any single time.

By the end of the year you had some less successful tournament. What was the cause?
In Toronto I got injured. I suffered from a rupture in my abdominal muscles by two centimetres, I tried to pull myself together, but it didn't really work out. At the U.S. Open it started to hurt a lot. Then I shouldn't have played the last four tournaments, but I told myself to try. I was at the end of the season, I got tired and due to these factors I lost. But despite these losses, I can not forget the good year I had.

What's the best gift you've ever received from a fan this year?
I received a book in China which contained all posts and photos posted by me on Twiter . The book has over 100 pages and I found it incredible how much patience the fan had to gather all my messages. To do that, it means that you care about me enormously. I was touched by her gesture, especially since China 's restricted access Twiter . Throughout the year I get all kinds of plush animals that are sent home to Targoviste. I have them all.

What do you miss most when you 're on the tour?
Hard to say, because I'm abroad for most of the year. When I come home, the first thing you do is to ask my mom to make polenta . Obviously, I miss my family very much . But I'm used to this lifestyle .

Is Victor Ionita the perfect coach for you?
Yes! Until now, yeah! We are now working together for two years and he is the one who helps me a lot. I have great confidence in him and I am very grateful for what he did. He brought stability into my game consistency.

Serena really seems undefeatable...
Not unbeatable, but it's not a coincidence that she is on number one. It's very uncomfortable for me. I like to play aggressive and dominate, but against Serena it's very hard to do. But I want to play her as often as possible because I am convinced that the day will come that I will win.

Do we have to wait for her to retire to see Romanian players on top?
No. First I want to fight her, then she can retire.

What did you feel in the moment that you saw the rise of Simona Halep?
I am very happy for her, really. The world is not aware of the value of results that she obtained. I think next year will be even better, for her and for me.

Are you jealous of her success?
No. I have no reason to be jealous. I think everyone has his/her way in life. She quickly climbed the rankings, I did slowly but steadily. I am happy because I know how much work it needed to get there. It's a lot of effort behind these results.

Speaking of value, how do you rate the distance between you and Simona?
I do not know what is the difference between us. the rankings speak for themselves. If she finished on 11th place, it means that she played 11th best. I, when I finished at #22 , then I played 22nd best. Now we must work even harder to back up the trend.

Are you surprised by Simona's results?
No. In tennis, anything is possible. On the girls' tour, the differences start to equalize. Now, you can lose to #100 today and play an even match against #10 tomorrow.

Do you think you or Simona can reach number one?
It's normal. Everyone wants to reach this position, and if I didn't believe, I would not play tennis. It depends very much on how we will work further and how we manage our careers.

One last question: What do you wish for 2014?
First I want health. the best tactical preparation is useless, if the body does not help. I'm sure I'll climb up several positions. I do not have a fixed target because I do not want to put unnecessary pressure on myself.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #233
country flag Stevessie

Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of

I compiled all of Sori's blogs entry's into a pdf for your enjoyment. I like her writing, is very clean and joyfull, you find a lesser known talent of her. I hope WTA askes for new journal pages or she finds courage to publish her writing.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/mlv1x2...%2520Story.pdf
Stevessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #234
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevessie View Post
I compiled all of Sori's blogs entry's into a pdf for your enjoyment. I like her writing, is very clean and joyfull, you find a lesser known talent of her. I hope WTA askes for new journal pages or she finds courage to publish her writing.

Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
on blue an green clay, which are absolutely different surfaces to the red clay at Philippe Chatrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
she certainly lit a torch up yo ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
Things lose their charm the minute money becomes involved.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #235
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevessie View Post

Thanks! I did really enjoy her blog posts - lots of interesting tidbits about life on the tour and she has a nice, free and easy style of writing.
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #236
country flag leo830301

leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ament-11251315

You have reached #21 in the world, the best position you have ever occupied. How are you?
Excellent. I am very glad, but I don't care much about my ranking position. I am most pleased that my game has progressed further. Being ranked 21st is the result of the hard work that I have invested in training and through my latest victories.

Let's take a radiograph of your week in Toronto. How was it playing Olga Savchuk in the first round?
It was a very difficult game because it was the first one in the tournament. I have not played sensational, but it was enough to win.

Followed Caroline Wozniacki ...
I started very badly. I was close to an exit, but the fact that I saved two match points and then got 15 points in a row says something about how well I recovered.

Was it a little easier against Jelena Jankovic?
Not at all, but I have improved and I was able to take the opportunities I got to take revenge for the defeat at Miami.

In the quarters you have defeated the Czech Petra Kvitova for the first time. (Romanian sports media fail)
And how hard it was! Petra is an uncomfortable player with a totally different style of play than most girls on the circuit.

You have played the Chinese Li Na more often in the past... Yes, but it's good that I met her in the semifinals and not in the early stages of the tournament, as it was until recently. Li Na may have been the best match. I felt very strong mentally and I was able to translate everything I had in mind on to the court.

What happened in the final with Serena?
I got a bad day. Nothing worked. I could not serve and felt low on my mentality ... I've been a little tired after a long tour ...

Were you nervous?
No. Not at all. I just had an off-day. I was a little disappointed in myself at the end.

Why were you crying at award ceremony?
I had high hopes for the final. I really wanted to win and it was quite a let-down.

You received a lot of vocal support from the stands.
I never thought I'd meet a patriotic atmosphere so far away from home. The Romanians in Toronto were great, they made me feel at home and I want to thank them so much. I am grateful as well to those who sent me thousands of messages on social networks.

How do you explain your ascendant lately?
The changes I made date back longer than just a few weeks, but now I see the results of it. After Wimbledon I took a vacation after which I felt really good. Then I came to America and I had between 6-8 hours preparation a day. I can say that I've changed, I've matured, I've learned from past mistakes and take things step by step. For me and my staff it was not a big surprise how far I came in Toronto.

Which influence has the new Australian coach Darren Cahill on Sorana?
Darren is with me for six years, but only in recent weeks he worked together really closely. He gave me a lot of confidence, taught me not to give up and always believe in myself. Besides Darren, Victor Ionita is playing an important role as well, as he has sacrificed the last two years to be with me.

Which advice did Graf and Agassi give you?
Besides a lot of technical and tactical related stuff, I always say that a great athlete must be human. I was advised to always be humble, down to earth and only look at my game and my life.

What can we expect from Sorana at the U.S. Open?
The U.S. Open are still far away. I want to play the tournament at Cincinnati and then I'll think of the U.S. Open. I can tell you that I will get my game working and I will try to give everything on court.

KOREAN VER.

http://www.tennis.co.kr/News/Details...o=24411&page=1

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/..._id=0000000639
leo830301 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #237
country flag Curcubeu

Sorana signed a sponsoring contract with BMW.

She and Horia Tecau were chosen as prominent faces to represent this car brand in Romania.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...a-bmw-11753526
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #238
country flag Bonk

Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...n-wta-11754158
Bonk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #239
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

http://www.wtatennis.com/photos/arti...r-no30-to-no21 #22 [just as her ranking]

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...eps-tennis-day

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #240
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Sore will play Pattaya Open again in 2014. Hopefully she will do better this year, and reach at least the Final

Sorana Cirstea:
Who is ready for 2014? My schedule for the begining of the year : Aukland,Sydney,Australian Open,Pattaya,Doha,Dubai,Indian Wells,Miami !!!!

Last edited by s0higher : Dec 21st, 2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: updated
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote