Simona Halep (România) - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4126
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I wonder how bad Sorana played when she was double bagelled by this club girl?
what?!

But Sesil hits hard similar to Shvedova from her country.
Olga reminded me of Vika in R1. Players from same country with similar style of play.
I can see how she bageled Sorana in her own style of play.
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4127

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Agnes Bukta for 40 additional WTA points?

That girl lost to Cristina Ene at the start of the year.
She will make Simona daft after the game. I advice Simona to bring the ear plugs
Bukta will beat Maria and Vika in a screaming contest.
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4128
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Agnes Bukta for 40 additional WTA points?

That girl lost to Cristina Ene at the start of the year.
Let's see: 20% for a 12-2 ?
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4129
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at Cirstea getting double bagel from Karatantcheva ! . It was a good start, things will get better and better with every match. It's important that Simona is becoming one of these players that wins without any problems even when she is not playing at her highest level. That's class. I think intelligence plays a big part here. I'm not going to take on your side and say that the match against Bukta will be easy. . She plays home and she seems to be very motivated. Hope it will be easy, but I'm expecting something else. Team HALEP!

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4130
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lol at Sesil's last game, I've never seen a more obvious DF coming than this one on MP, just missed by some metres.
LOL, you can probably tell by looking at the serving stance (or rather serving motion) and when she releases the ball.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4131

Its not good when its too easy. she needs competition before she plays cornet or safarova. Like NeKo said, the hard games will come. hard to tell when.

blah blah I talk too much The good thing is she practiced a full game and her motor was running.
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #4132
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Simona is playing at about 30-40% of her potential, but she doesn't need more. I wonder how bad Sorana played when she was double bagelled by this club girl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
LOL at Cirstea getting double bagel from Karatantcheva !
It's not that Simona was able to hit through her regularly. I wrote it in the GM thread as well that Sesil is actually a pretty good grinder, she was getting a lot of balls back from the defense, however missed the first point whenever she tried something on her own.
It was even more obvious when I saw her beating Cadantu in Cali earlier this year. The rallies just wouldn't end.

If Sorana is having another Marrakesh day, I can easily see her going down to a player like her, not to mention that she is the only player stupid enough to bash on every return against a player who can't hit a second serve to save her life.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #4133
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Simona! Keep going
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #4134

The only question I have about Simona now is how will she do on hard courts. I will get my answers only in 1 month from now.Will she get bullied by the big hitters or will she stay strong and beat them?
The power of the hitting on hard courts may be a problem, I hope not.
Someone like Petrova who is bad this year can just come to the hard court and push Simona out of the court
It will be interesting but I will not be disappointed anyway. Playing well on two of the 3 surfaces is good enough for me.

That's why its important to get ranking points now before the hard court season starts. Someone like CSN will also suffer on the hard courts.
Lets hope Simona will get good results on the hard courts also.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #4135
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
The only question I have about Simona now is how will she do on hard courts. I will get my answers only in 1 month from now.Will she get bullied by the big hitters or will she stay strong and beat them?
The power of the hitting on hard courts may be a problem, I hope not.
Still, a grass court is faster than a hard court. In my opinion, Simona's aggressive style of play fits perfectly on hard courts. Even though her results are not that great on hard courts, the results weren't great neither on grass before her win this year. I think Andrei Mlendea played a big part in Simona's tactical change, her game with Firicel Tomai was defensive, limited, attacking only when she was in danger to lose a match and still making many UEs in those kind of situation. She wasn't that strong with Tomai, now she has the mentality of a winner, of a champion, she plays exactly like she did in the Juniors Tour. I think 2013 is the year when Simona Halep found her style and her place in the WTA Tour. She just need to keep focus and not get bored, I remember seeing her play when Tomai was her coach and she wasn't even in the mood to play, she wasn't even determined. I think that was the lack of confidence she had and now she is full of confidence.

PART-TIME POSTER
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4136

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Still, a grass court is faster than a hard court. In my opinion, Simona's aggressive style of play fits perfectly on hard courts....
Yes I agree with all you said but we still have to see if she can play the bullies on hard courts. We will know soon. For me it does not matter (but its interesting to see).
She can be a clone of Nadal and Lisicki. Its good enough for me!
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4137
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I thought Simona used to play pretty well on hard courts even before this year. She had a few wins here and there in New York, Toronto, add those to the wins in March tournaments. I guess you are more curious to see if she maintains the level of play attained this year, me too.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #4138

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I thought Simona used to play pretty well on hard courts even before this year. She had a few wins here and there in New York, Toronto, add those to the wins in March tournaments. I guess you are more curious to see if she maintains the level of play attained this year, me too.
Of course. The first time I saw her play was in Doha or Qatar 2 years ago on hard courts, and that's when I started to pay attention to her. I was only seeing games on eurosport.
But she couldn't hold big hitters like Vika on hard courts. If she beats players ranked between 10 and 20 on hard courts then I am happy with that.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #4139
country flag NeKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
Of course. The first time I saw her play was in Doha or Qatar 2 years ago on hard courts, and that's when I started to pay attention to her.
But she couldn't hold big hitters like Vika on hard courts. If she beats players ranked between 10 and 20 on hard courts then I am happy with that.
Well, that was last year. Clearly she plays different at the moment, of course, if she can maintain that level. Time will tell. The change is obvious, especially regarding the tactics, last year she was playing very defensive. I might add that Simona even though she is little, she hits the ball pretty hard. I think it's too much to compare her with Azarenka or with the top 3, not that Simona is not talented like them, but there a difference regarding the natural construction, a fact that is important at this level. Also, Simona has a big advantage called intelligence, also she is very strong mentally, that can push her up in the rankings if she stays constant.

PART-TIME POSTER
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #4140
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Cornet is out, Safarova has 1-6; 0-3* against nr 190WTA - all the pressure is moving on Simona shoulders.
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread