Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #406
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
So pleased for Marion. She really dseserved it.

I've really warmed to her this tournament, especially seeing how disrespectful some people are about her. We should appreciate how unique she is.

Also made up that Lisicki isn't a Wimbledon champion... imagine the tears if that had happened.
Totally agree. Marion deserves this. She's a wonderful grass court player and there couldn't have been a more fitting Wimbledon champion out of all the semifinalists.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #407
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Bartoli deserves the title. Whoever wins a tournament ALWAYS deserves the title imo. Having said that, she's still the most unexpected player to win a major in decades for me. Ok, when you look at the list of AO and FO winners there are some strange names on there as well, especially in the 70's. But they usually won when the best players didn't compete. Marion won when everyone else was present and without her having to beat anyone in the top 15 - that's a very unlikely scenario. Even when I saw the line-up of the semis I was convinced that the winner would come out of the Radwanska/Lisicki match. But in this strangest of Wimbledons I guess it's fitting that Marion had one last surprise in store for us.

Btw, I'm not much of a Lisicki fan myself, but I'm nevertheless a bit surprised that so many of you seem to really dislike her. I think she's a sweetheart. Very emotional, but isn't sports all about emotion anyway?

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #408
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree that Bartoli deserves the title. Whoever wins a tournament ALWAYS deserves the title imo. Having said that, she's still the most unexpected player to win a major in decades for me. Ok, when you look at the list of AO and FO winners there are some strange names on there as well, especially in the 70's. But they usually won when the best players didn't compete. Marion won when everyone else was present and without her having to beat anyone in the top 15 - that's a very unlikely scenario. Even when I saw the line-up of the semis I was convinced that the winner would come out of the Radwanska/Lisicki match. But in this strangest of Wimbledons I guess it's fitting that Marion had one last surprise in store for us.

Btw, I'm not much of a Lisicki fan myself, but I'm nevertheless a bit surprised that so many of you seem to really dislike her. I think she's a sweetheart. Very emotional, but isn't sports all about emotion anyway?
More than Myskina and Schiavone?

The sweetheart thing doesnt do it for me....I guess I prefer the ice maidens or Divas LOL

It will be interesting to see if Sabine does what she always does after and before Wimbledon or this will cause her to become a little more consistent.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #409
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
More than Myskina and Schiavone?
Perhaps not, but the FO has usually been the "anything can happen slam" while Wimbledon is "owned" by not more than a few players per era. And Schiavone and especially Myskina had to get past tougher opposition than Bartoli while Marion's draw looks almost like that of an international - all of which adds to the strangeness of this Wimbledon. I'm not taking anything away from Bartoli, she is the legitimate champion. But it's been a weird tournament to say the least.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #410
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering, am I the only one here who's rooting for Andy over Djokovic today?
I know there are many Novak fans here.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #411
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon. View Post
I was wondering, am I the only one here who's rooting for Andy over Djokovic today?
I will be rooting for Novak but not because I'm a fan. I really cant stand Andy.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #412
Хлоэ
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you're not the one, thank God

TIPPING CALENDAR. WANT TO BE A MANAGER? JOIN US!
Хлоэ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #413
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I wouldn't mind if Andy won. But although I like mens tennis I'm pretty much neutral about the outcome of any match that doesn't involve Federer. But yeah, I think I'll (modestly) root for Murray today.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #414
country flag Pova fan

Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I like Andy and will be rooting for him, cannot stand Djokovic
Pova fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #415
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I like Djoker much more as a player, but Murray winning at home would be a pleasant story. Plus he's lost so many finals.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #416
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

However, if Murray comes in pushing, I'll root for Djoker again pretty fast.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #417
country flag roddo1234

roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute

As a fellow Scot, I will of course be rooting for Murray despite the fact that I always get the impression that Djokovic is a much more pleasant person.

It would just be wonderful, to finally, after so many years, have a British champ.
roddo1234 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #418
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

I'm sick of this match, rally after rally. I'm a fan of 1st strike tennis.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#56
PAW Rank:#108
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #419
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
I'm sick of this match, rally after rally. I'm a fan of 1st strike tennis.
I'm loving it so far.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #420
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

rooting for Novak