Is Marion greater than Agnieska Radwanska ? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is greater : Aga or Marion ?

Aga 39 23.64%
Marion 126 76.36%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #136
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Marion greater than Agnieska Radwanska ?

Bartoli has a wimbledon title and made another Wimbledon final. So she is greater at the moment.

Maybe in the futur Radwanska can pass her?

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #137
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
1. she got an extremely lucky draw

2. bartoli is going on 29 and has played 47 grand slams before winning her first major. radwanska is still only 24 and has only played 29 slams. perhaps radwanska will luck out like bartoli, or who knows maybe she'll actually beat a few top players en route to her major win?

my argument is more compelling anyways. if bartoli is so much greater than radwanska than you'd imagine she could win more than one set in 7 meetings. perhaps she isn't greater than radwanska at all?

Well, I'll tell you what. Why don't you tweet Aggie or send her a message via facebook and ask her if she'd rather have a grand slam win or the regular titles that she's already accomplished.

The reason the players play the regular tournaments is to prepare them for the Grand Slams, just like the NBA players play 80 plus game to prepare themselves for the NBA Championship and to win a ring. The same with baseball players and why they play over 100 games to go to the world series. The football players play about 40 plus games to go to the super bowl. Same with Hockey. Out of all of the other players who have played like Aggie, how many of them do you know about and is talked about unless they win the "Big One". Sergio Garcia can talk about Tiger Woods and his lifestyle, and how much he hates his guts. But until he wins one of those major titles or the "Masters and get a Green Jacket, he will not be mentioned with the greats like Jack Nicholas, Tiger Woods, VJ Singh, Phil, and the other great golfers. No baseball, basketball, football, hockey, golf player, etc is remembered for playing all of those matches if they don't win the one of the big ones, or the big one.

Name the girls like Aggie who played during the Big Babe tennis era and did not win. We focus or talk about Seles, Venus, Serena, Lindsey, Hingis, Jen Cap, Kimmy, Justine, Pierce, Amelie, Eva, Myskina, Conchita Martinez, Kutzy, Myskina, Ana, Na, Sam, Maria cause she came in at the tail end of that group of big hitters who had won one or multiple grand slams and regular titles, and because they all held the #1 spot at some point in their careers. There are a few others who won grand slams, but we don't talk about those who didn't win anything cause only the Grand Slam Winners matter.

There are over 50 basket ball, baseball, hockey, and football teams who play all season long. But who remembers any of them if they don't win the Big Title and get a trophy and/or ring. There are a lot of cats who box, but if they can't win the heavy weight, middle weight or welter/feather weight titles to get their belt, then who remembers them. Look at the hundreds of athletes who play and win in regular competition for four years. But if they don't win a Gold Medal who remembers them.

Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #138
country flag @danieln1

@danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Marion gamestyle is much, much more interesting to watch than Agnieszka, in my opinion.

And with the Wimbledon title, Marion is greater than Agniezska so far, this is pretty obvious.

But I think Agnieszka will win a slam sometime in the future.

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens
@danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #139
country flag Aga Supreme
Rebel WITH A Cause

Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute Aga Supreme has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed, Agnieszka is missing the z in the title, can that be changed?
Aga Supreme is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #140
country flag RayTheKilcherian

RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of RayTheKilcherian has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Now a lot of people can say the truth: no. But history will sadly remember only slams.
Speak for yourself.

BTW It's funny to see how those die hard Aga fans picturing the MTO-Faker eventually vulture a slam
RayTheKilcherian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #141
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Bartoli is clearly greater than bewitching Aga.
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #142
country flag serendipitynow

serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light

i want Aga to win USO
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #143
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitynow View Post
i want Aga to win USO
I want you to stop smoking crack.
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #144
country flag koyak
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroalltheway View Post
I want you to stop smoking crack.
I want perm ban for you.

koyak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #145
country flag S_Fahad

S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all

For the time being, its Marion.
S_Fahad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #146
country flag S_Fahad

S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all S_Fahad is a name known to all

Btw, please dont show this poll to Aga
S_Fahad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #147
country flag Zweli

Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of

Yes for me
Zweli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #148
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of shotmakers

venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold

this topic is less straightforward than you think considering Aga's 100% record over Marion.
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #149
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
this topic is less straightforward than you think considering Aga's 100% record over Marion.
nah Aga's clearly dominant and decisive h2h against Marion should be disregarded because Marion got lucky for two weeks in one of the weakest slam wins of all time.

who cares if Marion can only win a single set in 7 meetings against Aga, shes still a greater player somehow.
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #150
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like Radwanska was #1 for 67 weeks or anything, so Marion obviously.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote