Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #31
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Summer 2013 - College player in ITF events

Hibi was down 5-1 in the first set and won the next 12 games to win 7-5, 6-0. Doubles match coming up next!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #32

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Yakima Challenger this week:

http://www.yakimatennis.com/sitedocuments/MDS.pdf

Players include Embree, Robin, Weatherholt, Gibbs, Maria Sanchez, Cako. Elbaba lost in qualifying. Brianna Morgon and Chalena Scholl lost in qualifying also.

Robin and Gibbs are teaming up in doubles.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #33
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
2nd victory this summer, yeah I know you're thinking, big deal, small potato tournaments

Like the fact that after not playing in junior tournaments the past 2 years that she is building this momentum, right before starting her collegiate career.
She could definitely turn pro now, she's almost top 500 and she just turned 18 yesterday. She really wanted a full scholarship though and she got offers from some more prestigious teams, but overall she liked Houston the best and I think part of that is because Kordolaimi plays there and Savva is going there and the coach took a few trips to Greece so he has known Vogasari for two years

Also she plans on turning pro after graduation, so I think that is why she keeps playing tournaments. This way so she can already have built herself a nice ranking when she graduates and she won't have to start from zero

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #34
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Summer Universiade 2013 - Kazan, Russia: 8 July
Doubles Quarterfinal

(1)Pavlyuchenkova/Vesnina (RUS) d. Christian/Santamaria (USA) 64 63

Considering Pav & Elena are very good dbls players, and KK's serve is said to be so attackable not a bad result.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #35
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
She could definitely turn pro now, she's almost top 500 and she just turned 18 yesterday. She really wanted a full scholarship though and she got offers from some more prestigious teams, but overall she liked Houston the best and I think part of that is because Kordolaimi plays there and Savva is going there and the coach took a few trips to Greece so he has known Vogasari for two years

Also she plans on turning pro after graduation, so I think that is why she keeps playing tournaments. This way so she can already have built herself a nice ranking when she graduates and she won't have to start from zero
There's such a big gap between the level of tennis at ITF tournaments and WTA, can't blame anyone for securing a degree first. Going all in after high school and turning pro is too risky.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #36
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Summer Universiade 2013 - Kazan, Russia: 8 July
Doubles Quarterfinal

(1)Pavlyuchenkova/Vesnina (RUS) d. Christian/Santamaria (USA) 64 63

Considering Pav & Elena are very good dbls players, and KK's serve is said to be so attackable not a bad result.
It sounds like "Sabri" is on this European tour beginning in Russia. Is this sponsored by USC? or USTA?
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #37
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Yakima Challenger this week:

http://www.yakimatennis.com/sitedocuments/MDS.pdf

Players include Embree, Robin, Weatherholt, Gibbs, Maria Sanchez, Cako. Elbaba lost in qualifying. Brianna Morgon and Chalena Scholl lost in qualifying also.

Robin and Gibbs are teaming up in doubles.
Robin and Gibbs lost in QF to Allie Will and Abaza, who made it to the Finals and will be playing against Falconi and Broady.

Gibbs still alive in singles, playing in SF against Julia Glushko. Around this time last year, Gibbs one her 1st ITF title in Denver. Time for a repeat performance.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
It sounds like "Sabri" is on this European tour beginning in Russia. Is this sponsored by USC? or USTA?
USC is representing the USA at the World University Games...both the men and women's teams. USC sent Sabs, KK, Gabi, and Ellie. Gugu is there also representing Mexico.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #39

Congrats to Gibbs on her win!
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #40
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Congrats to Gibbs on her win!

She look intent on winning this one...(0.11 and 1.51)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-Ao...m-upload_owner
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #41
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Gibbsy turn pro? Why is she mentioned in this thread..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Didn't Gibbsy turn pro? Why is she mentioned in this thread..
Is she still part of the USTA collegiate team?
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #43
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
That's a good point slickshoes510. Lauren has already graduated and Gibbsy has already left Stanford when this photo was taken. Then they had this group bonding deal at Cal. Next we hear that Lauren teams up with Robin playing doubles, then later Gibbsy teams up with Robin playing doubles at Yakima. Looks like the USTA collegiate team to me. What do you think Fantic?
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #44
country flag fantic

All that matters in this thread are the CURRENT college players that got picked; Robin, Krista, and Kyle(Julia too, for that matter. Not in this pic). And that means UCLA is the front runner to win it all next season.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #45

I'm still confused on who was picked for the team.