2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4 - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #631
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Awww love this pic!

By the way, to the posters criticizing Momo earlier in the thread: Momo is no sourpuss and she was very happy for Bartoli... And so was her dad too!!

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #632
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

just watched the match.

i couldn't help but laugh at Lisicki actually crying between points, not just during breaks. Although i won't enjoy it, i am sure Lisicki will be in many more GS finals.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #633
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for Marion. She is one of the hardest workers on the tour and one of the best fighters. I feel like she really deserved this victory. She has been a top 15 to lower top 10 player for over half a decade now and is great on grass. She is more consistent than Sabine on the other surfaces too.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #634
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

great tourney Sabine & congrats Marion!

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #635
country flag tkutsaar

tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
Not a Marion fan but glad she won today; Would have been an even more horrible travesty if someone like Lisicki won....Karma is a bitch
I just came across this remarkable posting No 596 which I found initially incomprehensible. So I took notes to help me comprehend the poster’s viewpoint. I like to share same for those who also may have difficulty in following this poster’s logic:

Not a Marion fan but glad she won today;

This seems to be a case of the poster not being a fan of either of our finalists but seems to object to Sabine more. I can relate to that; as I usually don’t watch matches wherein I’m ambivalent to both players. But I will watch a match where I have a strong antipathy towards one player and thus cheer for the player whose fortunes I usually ignore.

Would have been an even more horrible travesty if someone like Lisicki won a GS

Apparently this poster considers that Marion’s win is a travesty but that a Lisicki win would have been worse. I presume the justification for adjudging Marion’s win a travesty is the fact which a lot of posters have observed that Marion won the title without having faced an opponent ranked higher than 15. But Sabine faced opponents ranked No 1 & No 4 and who were last year’s finalists and beat them. So you can see my initial puzzlement in reading this post. But I started to realize that the poster’s conclusion that a potential Lisicki’s triumph to be a travesty is based solely on his animus towards Sabine.

Lisicki thought she had this sewn up

Apparently the poster is a mind reader.

and I am glad Marion thumped her today; rightly so; You cannot be that cocky and pull those Houdini acts over and over and over

Apparently it is unseemly to display confidence after successfully overcoming adversity,

....No player like Lisucki deserves a GS;

Deliberate pejorative misspelling of Sabine’s surname surely identifies the poster as a Sabine hater; not yet a vast contingent on this forum. Sabine has not yet achieved a proficient level of success that would ensure to attract legions of haters on this forum, but perhaps her success in this tournament will inspire more haters to emerge. In any case I now know I can expect to read pure unadulterated venom.

She shows up one time a year and sucks the rest of the year

One must be successful at all times, otherwise your infrequent successes are to be sneered at.

and is always complaining about injuries, etc...No real champion is like that

Real champions are not hypochondriacs only the phony ones are.

She has no consistency at all in her game, results outside Wimby

Well at least her results are consistent at Wimbledon that should count for something

and clearly with her emotions/mental state...She strikes me as severely bipolar and I think there is something wrong with her

Apparently our poster is a licensed psychiatrist.

One minute laughing, the next crying, the next fist-pumping, the next "c'mon-ing"...It is a rollercoaster of crazy with that girl

I am with the poster on that point. This is definitely questionable behavior on Sabine’s part. The WTA should be urged to implement rules that would put an end to such antics.

She should seek a psychiatrist to diagnose her problem so that she can be properly medicated at all times
Ah ha! I knew it! This poster is a psychiatrist who is trying to drum up some business.

It is too bad Aga threw away this opportunity

You win some you lose some.

"but Marion took advantage and did not drop a set...Will be interested to see how Bartoli responds now that she won a Slam;

Maybe the poster will become a fan of Marion.

good decision to drop her dad

The secret to Marion’s success in this tournament revealed.

Lisucki will go back to her slumping now and mediocrity and losses to random nobodies...That is her usual pace and I have no reason to suspect she will do anything relevant

Back to calling Sabine names.

until Wimby next year where I hope she gets slayed(sic) early on by a competent player

That hope might be in vain. Sabine’s worst result in the past three years has been last year’s QF loss, and we all are aware of Sabine’s penchant to defeat the freshly minted FO champions,

Her professionalism in that match was disgusting:...Crying during games and before serves?..What a trainwreck(sic) of a player

Women do not cry. They are not emotional creatures. Only men cry and are emotional. Gasp! What am I writing? The poster has unhinged me.

You would never see Vika or Serena or Maria acting like that;

Stating the obvious: Sabine is definitely no Vika or Serena; not even a Maria.

it was disgraceful how immature she is and how emotionally fragile..

Definitely jonesing for a paying patient.

"Serena and Maria would have laughed if they saw those antics; like "girl, wtf are you doing?

It is supposed to be a closely guarded secret but apparently the poster has learned that Maria and Serena got together to relax in front of a big screen TV in an undisclosed underground bunker sharing popcorn as they watched the championship match

I knew Lisicki would come out and be an error fest today..”

I wonder if the poster had put down serious money on Marion based on such prior certainty.

She thought she won the tournament when she beat Serena

There we go again with the clairvoyance.

and she was dead wrong; celebrating her opponents defeat, tweeting and partying and acting like the tournament was over

I think the poster is exaggerating. I am as certain as I know the sun rises from the east that Sabine was aware that after her victory over Serena that she still needed to win three more matches to claim the title. I find that the poster’s claim that Sabine was constantly partying before the title match to be dubious.

Cost her in a major way today...”

Yup. All that alleged tweeting sure saps ones energy and stamina.

Loved seeing Bartoli thump her like the mug she is;

The poster is an undisguised sadist.

Well deserved beatdown for someone who clearly had no respect for a GS final by carrying on the way she did

Awful sins committed by Sabine.

Horrible and disrespectful display by Lisucki

Tell it brother!

"and she was rewarded accordingly

At least Sabine avoided the pitch fork and the tars and feathers.

Karma is a bitch

Not sure that I understand the context of this assertion. Whew! This poster sure opened my eyes. I truly feel guilty for having desired a Sabine victory,
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #636
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
This is the woman Marion didn't hug...

Who's the one to the right of Dr. Walter?

Another girlfriend perhaps?

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Shadowcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #637
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

tkutsaar

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #638
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Let them eat cake, Queen Marion Antoinette...
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #639
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

It's a shame that there's so much junk on this forum that I would usually miss rare highlights like tkutsaar taking a journey into the 'mind' of a troll.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #640
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Marion is legend
[68]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #641
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Oh and I forgot to say, Mary would have crushed them both!
Sabine might have a Mary-like career.
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #642
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

I am now officially a fan of Bartoli, I've always had a fetish for BBW.
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #643
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
So do I but she's supposed to be a pro, and if you can't handle the big stage even a little bit what's the point?
Uh.... she did handle the big stage well.

Did you not see her beat 3 former slam champions? Did you not see her beat last years Finalist 9/7 in the 3rd while being down 0/3?

She was about to have a nervous breakdown because she knew how awful she played. She knew that no matter how hard she tried her body was completely spent and her mind was as well.

She was about to fall apart because she realized that she lost the Final to someone that she had beaten 3 times and had only lost once to way back when she was 18.

Jesus give her some dammed credit. Her tank was on empty and she knew it.... but wanted so badly to get that one last win so she could have her moment in the sun.

Last edited by JCTennisFan : Jul 7th, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #644
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Sabine . When she asked if she could thank her box and her voice got so timid and soft it sounded like she was about 9 years old I about lost it . You could tell how badly she wanted it...... she then went over to stand while Bartoli begun her acceptance speech and you could see (for a second before the camera panned to a closeup of Bartoli) that she started bawling and was trying to cover it up by putting her hand over her face.

She came out and broke Marion right off the bat.... and then completely fell apart.

Nothing was working for her. The legs were gone... it was obvious (to me at least..) because her 1st serve never got above 116 and was often times barely above 100 mph (Sabine, similar to Serena, gets a good deal of her power out of her legs).

She was missing shots she had not missed the entire tournament.... her drop shots had so much airtime on them it was cringe worthy watching and her lobs would have only worked if the opponent was about 4 foot tall .

The one redeeming thing was that at 1/5 down in the 2nd set she seemingly got a final last burst of energy. She fought off 3 champsionship points and went on a roll up to 5/4. There for a bit it looked like she was actually going to come from 6/1 5/1 triple championship point down to take the set but Marion played the best game of the entire final and closed the door on her.

I have tremendous respect for Sabine after this tournament. She got so insanely close to pulling off a "this will never happen" sort of draw which had not taken place since Capriati managed to beat Seles, Davenport, and Hingis to take the Australian Open 2001.

For the sport I hope Lisicki gets at least one more chance at winning a slam final.... and the second time around actually goes the whole distance.

Last edited by JCTennisFan : Jul 7th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #645
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Wait a minute, wasn't Bartoli supposed to be too fat and outta shape to do anything like win a grand slam title... especially in the fashion she did!?

Way to show these TF idiots, Marion!

Sabine. You don't oust the queen to only lose the crown. All the dramatic back falls were obviously premature. Still love ya ass though.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote