Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #391
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

Lisicki at Wimbledon is: R1 QF SF QF F
There are less than 5 players that can beat her on grass if she plays well (like she did in this tournament other than the final)
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #392
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But never mind me. I'm just pissed of that Aga didn't win this thing. As for Marion - she deserves it. She's been around for a long time, she competes hard and she beat the seven players they put in front of her.
Oh don't worry... I'm pissed too. Even more so after seeing how bad Sabine played today.
Actually, I don't want to rub it in , but I also thought of Caroline and how she was at the top - higher than both of these two finalists were ever - and she didn't win a slam. It seems even more unfair to me now, even if I never was her fan.
But then again, it came to my mind only while writing this: Marion won at 29, Caro is 6 years younger, she still can do it.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #393
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

I'm very happy for Marion

Great speech and she was so calm throughout the match and played brilliant tennis.

She now joins the group of random GS winners such as Ana, Fran, Petra, Na and Sam

Serena Williams
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #394
Хлоэ
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute

what a chance for Aga to win a GS but im happy for Marion and glad Sabine lost
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #395
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of

I hope Maria will reach the QF of the USO (tho given her record there since 2006...).

Pretty solid year for Maria apart from Wimby Similar to 2007/ 2011

Serena Williams
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #396
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Oh don't worry... I'm pissed too. Even more so after seeing how bad Sabine played today.
Actually, I don't want to rub it in , but I also thought of Caroline and how she was at the top - higher than both of these two finalists were ever - and she didn't win a slam. It seems even more unfair to me now, even if I never was her fan.
But then again, it came to my mind only while writing this: Marion won at 29, Caro is 6 years younger, she still can do it.
Well, that's the way it goes I suppose. You need a lot of ability to win the big one, but you need a bit of luck as well, especially if you're competing from the position of dangerous outsider. If Serena, Maria, Vika or even Petra fuck up it isn't a disaster because they know that they will be there or thereabout in the next ones as well. But when you're very good but just below that level you HAVE to take your chance if it presents itself because you never may get it again. Aga didn't do that (although I think she played very well) but Marion did, so kudos to her for that.

As for Caroline, I've pretty much given up hope that she'll ever win a major. That doesn't mean I love her any less, but I have to be realistic.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #397
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased for Marion. She really dseserved it.

I've really warmed to her this tournament, especially seeing how disrespectful some people are about her. We should appreciate how unique she is.

Also made up that Lisicki isn't a Wimbledon champion... imagine the tears if that had happened.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #398
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

So happy for Marion!!!!!!!!!
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #399
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy for Marion. I was pulling for her and Petra as soon as Masha lost.

I feel really sad for Sabine though ,her tears broke my heart.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #400
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Novak better not flop tomorrow...

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #401
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Welp this has been An interesting tournament.
I'm so glad that Marion won! Aga and Sabine are the only two top players that I don't like.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #402
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing result. Couldn't be happier for her.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #403
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I'm pretty happy Marion won. To me she is a deserved winner. She has been a solid top 15 to lower top 10 player for the last 6 years. She is much more consistant than Sabine who seems to only play well a few weeks a year. I couldn't have stood the hype if she won. Hype and adoration is Masha's domain. Aint no body stealing that from her
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #404
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

I'm slightly pissed that there's absolutely no videos on Youtube of the ceremony or highlights. I want to see her reaction after the win

SMH at people discrediting Marion's win, she IS a good player who is rock solid mentally.
Called Lisicki's Stosur RG10 run long ago...
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #405
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

in final i was for sabine, well i was for her whole tournament, to be honest i'm for her always at wimbledon, so for me was agony to watch maria and bine playing last year twice on grass, but it came up well, once won sabine, once maria, fair enough

i really wanted for her to lift big one,she deserved, she had hell of draw and she was on fire whole tournament but she crack under preasure in final, it was sad to watch her crying but lesson learned and i believe that at least once she will win wimbli...

but on the other hand, bartoli is on tour so long, and everyone said nothings gonna happen from her, i'm glad that she proved ppl wrong.. now she can enjoy in victory and i hope that win will bring her back on track, and that she will be on tour at least 2-3 years couz she is one of kind

so my favourite tournament since i was kid is over, until next year onto hard again

grass

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote