General discussion thread - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:01 PM   #1171
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future
Re: General discussion thread

Whew, are y'all catching the drama between Serena and Pova?
Pova just let loose; and you know she is always a little feisty one, but she certainly let loose!!!

Whoa...what is Serena gonna say in her presser? (hopefully nothing as she already got herself in enough trouble this week for speaking her mind).

Wow, just makes me happy that Justine is not in this hypocrite-infested cocoon of a hell called the WTA tour.

Enjoy Lalie!
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1172
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

The Roland Garros Curse de Justine has begun.

Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 01:47 AM   #1173
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

At least now I know there's another player Serena hates more than Justine.

Frankly, part of me thinks Serena is in the game to stop Maria from winning.

And this whole thing is a mess.

Serena shouldn't have said the things she did in front of a reporter. But that doesn't imply it is Maria. It's just an educated guess.

Maria on the hand, ate the bait and is now coughing out vomit. As if you want to give your conqueror another reason to beat you to a pulp.

And as usual the Maria and Serena fans are tearing each other up because they feel like they need to defend what their favourites did. Frankly it's just childish.

Last edited by eck : Jun 23rd, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
eck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1174
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Well, contrary to some beliefs, Maria was sure the comments were about her (and was right) especially since Serena came and apologized to her two days before Maria let loose.lol

Also, this may free up Pova to be less scared against Serena the next time they meet.

I mean, she has absolutely nothing to lose!! And if she is mad enough, it will give her additional fire.

How could Serena allow herself to talk so many things, so carelessly, in the ears of a Rolling Stone reporter? How long has she been in the game?
Where was her manager, PR advisor?
That was a careless interview.
And these reporters do NOT "love" Serena; trust me.

But it IS a twisted version of the RG curse.lol. Wow; it manifested in a way I would not have imagined.lol.

The drama just reminded me of how uncomfortable it is for the players in the locker room, on the tour. How many pretenses they deal with on a daily basis. No wonder Ju couldn't stand it. She was way too black and white to stand for the gray.

Last edited by vejh : Jun 26th, 2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: grammatic errors
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1175
country flag vejh

Wimbledon continues to ruin lives.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #1176
country flag JJ ismyname

JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice

Just saw the youtube video of the WTA 40 party. So pleased to see Justine here. I hope some of the British press do an interview with her. Hope also she sticks around to see 'flipper' play tomorrow. Mauresmo was at the event too and I was wondering if her and Justine speak anymore? Really miss her.
JJ ismyname is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1177
country flag JJ ismyname

JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice JJ ismyname is just really nice

Something I just missed. Justine said to Martina that maybe next year they could play together? Has she had the op on her elbow or has it got a bit better? Would love to see her back on a tennis court.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1178
country flag vejh

Justine vs Hingis needs to be at Madison Square garden.lol
No operation as far as I know but if it did get better she needs to come for another FO or Wimbledon.lol.

Wow didn't know Ju was at the WTA 40 party; thanks, will check it out.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1179
country flag vejh

It wasn't Hingis Ju said she may play with, but Nav. My bad.
Ju sounded so proud of her baby when she said her new baby is keeping her up at nights so she is too tired to play, maybe next year.
Ju managed to mention her new baby twice in a combined 3-4 minutes of talking.lol. She's so proud

Man, could you 'feel' the tension in the room?
Especially b/w Pova and Serena?lol.
When Pova started talking, Serena started looking more angry.
What is wrong with Seles' face? She couldn't move it!!!

Ju looked beautiful; soft, and nice.
She spoke eloquently as usual.
The beef between her and Amelie was never as bitter as some made it out to be. I rememebr reading where Ju stated to the effect that she was going to end the friendship with Amelie because the latter continued making veiled accusations against Ju re gamesmanship.
Amelie, however, tried to restore some of the old magic, but I don't think Ju was having it.

But at the event, Amelie was constantly looking at Ju and smiling whenever she spoke who knows how far they have restored their friendship. I think they had a good thing going on along with Dechy and some other francophones on tour.

Pity we didn't see more behind the scenes footage.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1180
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli wins Wimbledon.
With a draw too...

I guess it's great she took advantage of that draw, but wow, I wonder how her tennis will be after this when all eyes will be on her.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1181
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck View Post
Bartoli wins Wimbledon.
With a draw too...

I guess it's great she took advantage of that draw, but wow, I wonder how her tennis will be after this when all eyes will be on her.
Talking about oportunities. Don't think she will care that much. She's 28yo and won Wimbledon, that's enough.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1182
country flag JJ ismyname

Well who'd have thunk that. When Ju lost to Bartoli in 07 everyone thought how did she lose to Bartoli? Well little did we all know then that she lost to a future Wimbledon champion. Today I couldn't help but root for Bartoli because of all the media hype surrounding Lisicki. I guess Bartoli winning today would make Ju feel a little better about things but hell I can't believe Bartoli is a Wimbledon champion and yet Justine couldn't do it. Mauresmo was in her box too! I heard Tracy Austin say she spoke to Justine at the WTA40 party and the fact she didn't win Wimbledon 'still burned with her'. Sometimes it's just not meant to be.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #1183
country flag eck
Esmerelda

I'm happy for her that she won the title after all the jokes and whatever she's been put through, and she seems like one of those who work extremely hard even with those training methods - but really, she was handed a silver platter

She did however play lights out tennis against Lisicki, so on the day she deserved it. But Lisicki had arguably the tougher road to get to the finals and she of course was the sentimental favourite. But she just folded like a cheap tent
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #1184
country flag vejh

I am happy for Bartoli! I picked her to win after Lisicki had beaten Serena.
Today also brought out the point once again that Wimby and other slams are just extended tournaments. You could have a few bad days and not win, and you could get lucky and win and be placed in the top 10 best female grass court players (LOL).

I don't care too much that Justine didn't win, only for completion sake.

But just like how Sabina had to overcome the "high" of defeating so many top players, but failed to do so, Ju also was flat against Bartoli in 2007 (and tired after FO to boot), and just couldn't do it.

But how can I forgive Wimby for ending her career? In the final analysis, that is one of the reasons why I don't care so much that she never won it.

Last edited by vejh : Jul 8th, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #1185
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Luck (including being healthy at the right time) plays a great role in GSs as well as in life.

To be considered as great one must be consistently great over a period of time. Justine was the most dominant player from 2003 to 2007 despite being sick and injured for almost a year in 2004-2005.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote