Anett Kontaveit - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #1936
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Thanks for posting the video!

As expected, didn't stand a chance and went down 16 16. They were both making DFs, Jelena couldn't even hit the ball over the net during serving at times and Anett just seemed kind of joyless and bored.

Watched the singles semis as well, Bencic easily crushed Chirico whereas Townsend vs Konjuh was much much tougher and lasted almost 2.5 hours. If Townsend plays like that in the final too then she cannot stand a chance against Bencic.

Last edited by muusa : Jul 6th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #1937
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

So Bencic won as I predicted, but not that comfortably at all.
In summary Anett was still able to take the most games off her, too bad they had to meet that early, their match would have been final-worthy as well. This was at least 4th time now that she lost to the eventual champion in the slam
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #1938
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
So Bencic won as I predicted, but not that comfortably at all.
In summary Anett was still able to take the most games off her, too bad they had to meet that early, their match would have been final-worthy as well. This was at least 4th time now that she lost to the eventual champion in the slam
5th time
She really could have won that match but obviously she just wasn't there.
Anyway in the long run it doesn't really matter as long as she can keep the Pro Results coming

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1939
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
5th time
She really could have won that match but obviously she just wasn't there.
Anyway in the long run it doesn't really matter as long as she can keep the Pro Results coming
i almost forgot this already
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1940
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Donets'k 75K is out and it is ridiculously strong in terms of rank (although many of the players are kinda journeywomen) as Anett is the 6th Alt with only P1s

Either the tournament will be very strong or there will be a fair amount of withdrawals

It frustrates me to see tournaments like Palermo/Budapest or even 25Ks like next weeks Darmstadt where she can easily pick up points but then she always choses these kinda tournaments

My god in Budapest I would have been shocked if she didn't win a round

Quote:
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1941
country flag muusa

Yeah, Donetsk is pretty strong, she must definitely play qualies. There is only Bad Saulgau the same week, that's why. Last year it was so weak because it was a 50 and there were a lot of other tournaments at the same time as well in Europe.

I wonder who is the "genius" behind her tournament schedule
Not only does she play so seldom, but she often chooses the most difficult ones also.
She needs to play matches, a lot of them. On the 5th of August there are also four 25s in Europe, playing one of those would be a good idea.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #1942
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yeah, Donetsk is pretty strong, she must definitely play qualies. There is only Bad Saulgau the same week, that's why. Last year it was so weak because it was a 50 and there were a lot of other tournaments at the same time as well in Europe.

I wonder who is the "genius" behind her tournament schedule
Not only does she play so seldom, but she often chooses the most difficult ones also.
She needs to play matches, a lot of them. On the 5th of August there are also four 25s in Europe, playing one of those would be a good idea.
IK it's ridiculous and Donets'k is not a nice place

Her lack of tournaments does also frustrate/shock me

EDIT: Since Hogstedt split with Maria, maybe Anett can hire him full time

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Jul 12th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1943
country flag chingching

Sorry to go all stalker, but why is Anett's sister's last name Milk after her mother and she is Kontaveit...
Was Marit from another relationship and Ulle was a single mother...

And who is Anett's dad

Quote:
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #1944
country flag muusa

Anett would have been seeded in Bastad and Bad Gastein qualies?
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1945
country flag chingching

Quote:
Anett would have been seeded in Bastad and Bad Gastein qualies?
And Palermo this week plus would have made Budapest MD.
In all seriousness, I think she would have easily made a QF at either event with a good draw

Quote:
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1946
country flag muusa

I know my ranting here doesn't help anyone, but it hurts my eyes (and mind) to see that in Imola MD the 3rd seed is ranked 323 and in Darmstadt 363. All those waisted opportunities...
I really should not browse those tournaments anymore
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #1947
country flag chingching

Quote:
I know my ranting here doesn't help anyone, but it hurts my eyes (and mind) to see that in Imola MD the 3rd seed is ranked 323 and in Darmstadt 363. All those waisted opportunities...

Nah, you are right. I completely agree She really needs to hire someone else to do her scheduling/stop going to England to see Jess as she plays badly there

So does no one know anything about Anett's family

Quote:
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1948
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IKR! I was looking all those entry lists and I thought, why she is not playing anywhere. So many great opportunities to get some points.
Tennisfan06 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1949
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
And who is Anett's dad
afaik her father works for "Tallinna Sadam" as an administrative manager of Old City Harbour (passenger harbour).
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1950
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
afaik her father works for "Tallinna Sadam" as an administrative manager of Old City Harbour (passenger harbour).
Her father's name is Afaik Is that a name...
That explains why they are kind of wealthy...
And also why she is sponsored by them

But is her sister her full sister because they look kinda different...

It made me so sad to see all the Swedish WCs playing against each other in Bastad

EDIT: Her father is called Andrus He looks kinda like her but she is much more attractive than both her parents Interesting to find him given how little he is mentioned by Estonian press... Doesn't seem much like a tennis dad

I am still puzzled by her sister though

EDIT 2: OMG Meelis I am so sorry I had no idea what AFAIK meant

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Jul 14th, 2013 at 02:32 AM.