She's a BOMB - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1006
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Welcome to BEL AIR - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

I wish the USTA would give her a QWC for the US Open women's...they've given them to Robson and Barty in the past, and Belinda's better than both of them ever were at the same age.
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1007
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Really awesome effort by Belinda! What a year she's having.

She's simply the best in the juniors at the moment, no doubt about it. Too bad she didn't play the Australian Open, she could potentially win all four Slams in the same year. I'm assuming she will play the US Open too.

Is Bastad her next event? With a good draw I think she can potentially win her first match.
Agreed. Looking at the MD list, I think she could definitely beat:

Pereira
Pironkova
Tatishvili
Cohen
Karatantcheva
Pfizenmaier

And maybe some of the others. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1008
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Pfizenmaier would be tough. I hope she faces Cohen
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1009
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1010
country flag LightsOut!

So nice to see these two get along so well
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1011
country flag LightsOut!

Lost the doubles SF 2-6, 6-3, 0-6

Uberalova was dreadful
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1012
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
Lost the doubles SF 2-6, 6-3, 0-6

Uberalova was dreadful
Erm, I don't know exactly what parts of the match you saw, but today Petra was really the one fought to maintain her team alive in the match and was playing well (in the first two sets).
On the other hand, Belinda was horrible. She kept hitting unforced errors left and right.
She seemed completely off, physically and mentally especially in my opinion. But we can't blame her, she had a tough day today and now at least she will finally be able to get some rest.
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1013
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Was able to watch her singles final and the doubles final.

Very impressed with her mental strength during the singles and how solid she is. Smart player and that will take her far along with having a decent serve.

In the doubles though She looked very negative and while she usually shakes it off in singles and helps her play better, in doubles she was consistently pretty off. Petra looked like the more positive one and basically won them the 2nd set, serving very well and hitting right through the girls at the net.

The third set started with Belinda serving and once she got broken, it looks like both girls were just done But can't really blame Belinda as she's had a long day and a great tournament. Will keep following her progress!
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #1014
country flag LightsOut!

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...s-triumph.aspx

Quote:
Bencic adds Wimbledon to Roland Garros triumph

NEWS ARTICLE
By Simon Cambers

Photo: Susan Mullane2013 Wimbledon Girls Champion Belinda Bencic (SUI)

Belinda Bencic has long been compared to Martina Hingis – for a number of reasons – and on Saturday the 16-year-old emulated one of the former world No 1's achievements when she backed up her French Open triumph by winning Wimbledon.
The Swiss, coached by Hingis's mother, Melanie Molitor, recovered to beat American Taylor Townsend 46, 61, 64 in a high-quality final that offered fans on Court No 1 a good contrast in styles.
Bencic is the first girl to do the Paris-Wimbledon double since Amelie Mauresmo of France in 1996, an achievement Hingis herself managed two years before that.
“I can't stop smiling,” Bencic said. “It's amazing. I didn't realise it yet. It was a really tough match. The first set was not so good from my side but she played amazing from the beginning. And then in the end I could come back. In the third set it was about holding serves and who has better nerves.”
Bencic was just four years old when her father contacted Molitor to see if she could coach his daughter, knowing she might have some free time because Hingis had picked up an injury at the time. It was a partnership that paid off perfectly as Bencic added Wimbledon to her Paris crown.
Former junior No 1 and former Australian Open champion Townsend began brilliantly, serve and volleying, mixing her game up with some nice slices and generally keeping Bencic off balance as she surged to a 40 lead. The sixth game lasted 17 minutes as Townsend held on but the Swiss was beginning to get herself into the match.
Bencic fought back to 4-5 and had a break point to get back on terms, only for Townsend to hold on and take the set. But the top seed was growing in confidence and roared through the second. The third became a dog-fight but Bencic's court-craft, intelligence and mental strength saw her through.
"I don't know how I turned it round,”she said. “Ijust tried to stay in the match and was trying to make my serve better, because in the beginning it was not really good. Then in the end, when I served for the match, I don't know what happened, but it was an amazing game. I'm really proud of that.”
"The victory took Bencic's winning streak to 35 matches but Townsend played her part in one of the best finals in recent years. “Everything is difficult when you play her,” Bencic said. “It's really tough to play against her every time. I played now her three times. None of the matches was easy.
"I think she has a great serve. It was really hard for me to return good. And her forehand is amazing, so I just try to, like, push to her backhand. At the net I think she won every point.”
Bencic said she would play in the junior event at the US Open before deciding whether to focus on the WTA Tour but said she was most looking forward to celebrating at the Champions Dinner on Sunday night.
“I was really hoping before the tournament that I would get there, either with singles or doubles.”she said. “ just took the dress.”
The boys' final will be between Hyeon Chung of Korea and Italy's Gianluigi Quinzi on Sunday.
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1015
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Is there a chance someone recorded this ? I was only able to watch 1st part of the 1st set, and i would like very much to see the entire match.

Respect to Belinda , clearly the best junior at the moment.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #1016
country flag Dann2695

Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice Dann2695 is just really nice

Post Final Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUQffQr1Ds
Dann2695 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #1017
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

good win for bencic. i didn't see it before but after watching her match against Townsend entirely i think she'll be something else on the tour.

Quote:
Really awesome effort by Belinda! What a year she's having.

She's simply the best in the juniors at the moment, no doubt about it. Too bad she didn't play the Australian Open, she could potentially win all four Slams in
eh don't forget konjuh was on a very similar dominant winning streak when she won the AO, including wins over Townsend and bencic herself, she was looking like by far the best junior in the world at the time, no reason to believe konjuh wouldn't have beaten her there. or is this one of those Serbia-Croatian hatefest things? seems like you're trying to shade konjuh for no reason IMO
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #1018
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wish the USTA would give her a QWC for the US Open women's...they've given them to Robson and Barty in the past, and Belinda's better than both of them ever were at the same age.
She might get a WC I kinda think she will get an WC due too the fact she the number one junior. I think young upcoming player the USTA giving Wild Cards to is Belinda, Taylor Townsend, Sachia Vickery, Ana Konjuh, Kateřina Siniaková, Louisa Chirico, Tornado Ali Black, Victoria Duval & Samantha Crawford I think those the name that will get an WC most likely I can see at least 5 of those name getting an WC but then again Belinda better take an break from playing because she still on an restricted schedule.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1019
country flag intothewild

intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice intothewild is just really nice

I watched the semis and the final and she looked very good. First time I've seen her play. I'll follow her progress from now on. Would be good to see her in the US Open this year.
intothewild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #1020
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
eh don't forget konjuh was on a very similar dominant winning streak when she won the AO, including wins over Townsend and bencic herself, she was looking like by far the best junior in the world at the time, no reason to believe konjuh wouldn't have beaten her there. or is this one of those Serbia-Croatian hatefest things? seems like you're trying to shade konjuh for no reason IMO
I said she could potentially have won the Australian Open, not that it was a sure thing. Konjuh was playing better at this time than Belinda and probably would've won the Australian Open anyway. But now Belinda won Roland Garros and Wimbledon which Konjuh played also, so at the moment Belinda deserves her #1 ranking. Before some were saying Konjuh is still better but for now it seems Belinda is the best. That's all.

And I'm not Serbian btw.