2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4 - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #301
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Wimbledon Final: Marion Bartoli def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

BTW, Marion only hit 4 UE today. FOUR. That's clutch tennis.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #302
country flag Number19

Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute

Felicitations! Bon travail, Marion.

Sabine...
Number19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #303
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Marion so happy for her what an amazing two weeks yes her draw opened up but she made it and she fought so hard and proved her guts with that last game, this is fully deserved she has battled and trained so hard and even though it was not a great final you can take nothing away from Bartoli she has done it

Sabs
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #304
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Poor Sabine. Rarely do you get a more textbook example of someone totally freezing under the pressure of the occasion.

Congratulations to Marion-fine standard of tennis throughout the fortnight,and having beaten both Justine and Serena here before,it's hard to argue against her being a deserving champion.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #305
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Marion has all the credentials to win here... She beat Henin and Serena there, very few people can claim that. She's a great grasscourter.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #306
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
Most people have been underestimating Marion for almost her entire career.She always had the game to win a slam of fast surfaces, and she is one of the best fighter on tour.Despite the difficulties she never gave up and kept believing in her chances and it paid off.Also, not a lot of players are able to deal with the pressure of being in a slam final and play like she did.

BTW, with this result she is the 5th most accomplished player on grass in the last decade, so hardly a fluke.
this.

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #307
country flag PoliCappuccino

PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
Myskina and Sveta in 04 were wayyyyyyyy worse than this, so nothing new

Majoli too...
Queengis...

Quickly, hand out the potions!
PoliCappuccino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #308
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Marion
One down, one to go and my 2007 prediction will come true..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bartoli will become a multiple Slam-winner….
Bine

(On the other hand, my bet the next German Slam winner will be Beck still stands..)

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #309
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viele View Post
She didn't beat a player ranked above 17 because those players lost! That's not Marion's problem.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
THIS

Congrats Marion!!!
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #310
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WIMBLEDON Final: [15] Marion Bartoli def. [23] Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rex View Post
And having Sharapova beat Serena in the finals (ala 2004) would have been much better too.
chances of Meusberger winning Wimbledon one day are higher than pova beating Serena in a slam final ever again so...

It's great for the tour that someone new won a slam, especially a player like Marion
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #311
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WIMBLEDON Final: [15] Marion Bartoli def. [23] Sabine Lisicki 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga Supreme View Post
Very true, that Lisicki and who we saw today were two very different players. Lisicki will have to improve her mental toughness & have more than "Plan A" in order to grab a slam. For Bartoli, it may be her one and only slam, but she beat everyone she played, and that's all you can do. 1 slam is better than none!

Excellent post.

I think the dream of Lisicki dies forever after today. There is a reason why she only has 3 WTA titles and has not won on tour in 2 years. This was likely the one and only time we will ever see her in this position.

As for Bartoli, she will join the likes of Ivanovic, Schiavonne and Stosur as 1 slam wonders, who will never seriously threaten again. Still it is a lifetime a achievement. Today is her day. It is the crowning moment of her career. And yes, I am happy for her. Seeing someone new win reminds us all of how special winning a slam really is. Congrats to her.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #312
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
Insulted throughout her whole career. Ridiculed by everybody, even by her own Federation. She was fat, ugly, overrated, unorthodox, daddy's girl, a bitch, etc.

She's now a Grand Slam champion. At Wimbledon. I couldn't be any more happier for her.

The ultimate WTA underdog has won the biggest one!

Sometimes, when you believe in yourself, you can fight the whole world and succeed. This is what Bartoli just did!
yes! even some on twitter were still insulting her looks etc, and chris fowler and evert couldn't help talking about all these "quirks" and laughing. so glad she's ignored all them and overcome it

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #313
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

funny how Aga thought Bartoli would be a walkover for her, good job Aga didn't make the final, she would never recover from losing to Bartoli in a slam final.
venusinfurs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #314
country flag addison

addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice addison is just really nice

Serena Williams: [from her apartment in Paris] Shizz. Pass me another baguette. That biacche ain't gluten-free.

Sharapova: [on her private jet flying w/Grigor over the Miami morning clouds en route to Manhattan for a photoshoot for Rolex] What time is it anyway? Are we in some kind of space/time warp? Marion "Minnie Mouse"? Pass me another bowl of Sugarpovas. Grigor, peel me a grape.

Azarenka: [In Miami lays around an infinity pool, sips mango juice while Redfoo tends a Bar-B-Q grill
waving large tongs around his head singing, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"] FOOEY! I coulda won this thing if I hadn't slid on that
first day! This thing was fixed since Day One! Look what happened on the men's side! It's the Mafia for sure!"

Li Na: [In a large mansion somewhere near Kowloon.] Must do better Feng Shui in London next year.
Anything can happen there. Tennis makes no difference. It's up to the tennis gods.
addison is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #315
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Marion.

You deserved this. A worthy winner.

I haven't been this happy with tennis in a long time, and I really enjoyed the match. I thought it was nailbiting even though straight sets.

Well done Maid Marion!
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote