Recommend a type of strings! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #61
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold
Re: Recommend a type of strings!

I guess Solinco Tour Bite could be a good option for you. It is very uncomfortable but offers great spin. I can also recommend Volkl Cyclone 16. It does offer more spin than Luxilon Spin and keeps the tension better.

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 12:18 AM   #62
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I don't wanna sacrifice too much comfor. I like to feel the ball when I hit it.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 01:40 AM   #63
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by frige View Post
I am using Völkl and i am happy with it
Yeah it is a great string. I love the black color one in 18 guage. It is a spin monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
Nah I don't wanna sacrifice too much comfor. I like to feel the ball when I hit it.
In that case, I suggest any of these three strings:

1. Volkl Cyclone
2. Tourna Big Hitter Black 7
3. Dunlop Black Widow

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #64
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

I just snapped a string today Any good recommendations for a Wilson Juice? It must be powerful of course

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 01:24 AM   #65
country flag Payam

There are sooooooooooooooo many strings that it is hard to suggest one out of them. Just go to TW and choose the one with the material and characteristics that you want.
If you think that is a big headache, just go with tone on the neck of your racket or trust it to stringer at your pro shop.

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #66
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

just ordered Yonex poly tour spin, i'm excited to see what it'll do for me. updates to come

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #67
country flag Payam

Yeay, I look forward to the review of that.

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #68
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Dunlop Black Widow 16 String
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunl...LOP-DBW16.html

or

Head FXP Tour 16 String
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...D-HFXPT16.html

decisions decision

Any suggestions ya'll? I'm all ears.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #69
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Dunlop Black Widow 16 String
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunl...LOP-DBW16.html

or

Head FXP Tour 16 String
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...D-HFXPT16.html

decisions decision

Any suggestions ya'll? I'm all ears.
Playtest both of them and go with the one you like more. We can all give our opinions, but you're the one who's going to be spending the money and using the strings.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #70
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Playtest both of them and go with the one you like more. We can all give our opinions, but you're the one who's going to be spending the money and using the strings.
This.

I loved RPM Blast until I started to feel pain in my elbow for the first time in my life (playing 3-4 times per week). Looking for something similar but easier on the elbow, I started playing with RPM Team. Waaayyyy more comfortable, and the slight decrease in power is a non-issue for me.

Bottom line is that no matter what we say, you will be the best judge of what feels best for you. Maybe a pro shop could point you in the right direction, since you could describe your play style to them. Good luck!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #71
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

Quote:
just ordered Yonex poly tour spin, i'm excited to see what it'll do for me. updates to come
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
Yeay, I look forward to the review of that.
Love this string. No power whatsoever, and it takes an hour or two to break in, but the spin, feel, and comfort are awesome. like really awesome. I hit a pretty hard flat ball so it works well for me. It's really great for controlling the ball too. i string it pretty low are 53 lbs. hasn't broken, have em for like 4 months. gonna change me out here soon,. but definitely a great string.

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #72
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Dunlop Black Widow, in the low 50's ... love this string.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #73
country flag Payam

Quote:
Love this string. No power whatsoever, and it takes an hour or two to break in, but the spin, feel, and comfort are awesome. like really awesome. I hit a pretty hard flat ball so it works well for me. It's really great for controlling the ball too. i string it pretty low are 53 lbs. hasn't broken, have em for like 4 months. gonna change me out here soon,. but definitely a great string.
Thanks for the review. I have to try it sometime too, but I am now addicted to Volkl Cyclone.

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #74
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
Thanks for the review. I have to try it sometime too, but I am now addicted to Volkl Cyclone.
What's it do for ya?

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #75
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using natural gut 58lbs. Looking for new strings, anyone has any recommendations?

Anyone used Babolat monofilaments?