Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:26 PM   #796
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Agnieszka Radwanska --------> Wimbledon champion and GS winner.

I always feared this day would come, but I was sure the draw would collapse so badly one day that she would win.

And yes, Maria ranked ahead of 2 GS champions this year

Another Slamless year, but I hope she can win one next year.
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM   #797
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by !VamosRafa! View Post
Agnieszka Radwanska --------> Wimbledon champion and GS winner.

I always feared this day would come, but I was sure the draw would collapse so badly one day that she would win.

And yes, Maria ranked ahead of 2 GS champions this year

Another Slamless year, but I hope she can win one next year.
First of all Aga hasn't won wimbledon yet, she's still got 2 matches to win. I really hope Sabine will win
And second it's not necessarily a slamless year for Maria, there's still US open
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #798
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Maria isn't winning the USO, faster surfaces aren't her best now.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #799
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

If Aga were to win Wimbledon, Maria would be the only one in the top 4 without a slam

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #800
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
She was in the semis last year and she should have won that match against Vika, so she is capable of a deep run there this year.

But Maria does need to show a focus and hunger to improve her game and do well there. She did say the US Open was her other priority after Wimbledon, so maybe being humbled last week will ignite some determination for the hard court season.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM   #801
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

She was in the semis last year, true, but I fear it may be an anomaly in the same way her Wimbledon final in 2011 is starting to look a hell of a lot like one.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:07 PM   #802
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Quote:
She was in the semis last year, true, but I fear it may be an anomaly in the same way her Wimbledon final in 2011 is starting to look a hell of a lot like one.
Nah, Maria beat no one of note to reach the final that year, bar an extremely tight Lisicki who served no aces in that match if I recall correctly. Horrible match that highlighted the fact that Maria was not going to win the title.

On the other hand Maria's wins over Petrova and Bartoli showcased an ability to be aggressive and beat players who play first strike tennis, something she struggles with on grass. Not to mention the semi with Azarenka was obviously very close and she should really have won that. Maria will be fine and perform well at the USO I believe. Hopefully can win....
T496 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #803
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

So all 4 Wimbledon Semifinalist will
play Standford. Maria will have good challenge in here
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:26 AM   #804
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Is Serena playing Stanford this year?
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:38 AM   #805
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

No, top seeds will be Maria and Aga.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM   #806
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't neccessarily agree here.
I think low bounce is much more of an issue for her these days for obvious reasons. She always does very well at Cincy, which is the fastest outdoor HC around these days. And let's be honest here - Maria is an offensive baseliner and shotmaker. She SHOULD be loving fast conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:02 PM   #807
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Ain't nobody got time for any of these girls to win a slam This tournament

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #808
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I don't neccessarily agree here.
I think low bounce is much more of an issue for her these days for obvious reasons. She always does very well at Cincy, which is the fastest outdoor HC around these days. And let's be honest here - Maria is an offensive baseliner and shotmaker. She SHOULD be loving fast conditions.
This, but even more importantly, the US Open isn't even fast anymore. It's been probably slower than the Australian Open for the last couple of years, AND as you say it has a nice high bounce which fits Maria's game well.

The biggest obstacle for her at the USO is the wind, but if she gets lucky with the conditions, she's definitely capable of contending for the title there, as she showed last year.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #809
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria's record in US Open is worse than other GS
She is 29-8 in here (%Win: 78%) - only GS that Maria had %Win < 80%
Only past the 4th round 3 times in 9 appearances
So please do it better this year Maria
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 04:48 AM   #810
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

USO will probably have the top 3 in the semifinals. I really hope she wins this one so that finally she would have back-to-back years with slams
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote