Anett Kontaveit - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1921
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett has a chance to face Bencic also in doubles if she and Jelena win their next round.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #1922
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett is on court now
Unfortunately she was broken and went down 2-0 (2 DFs didn't help).
Let's hope she can get back on track
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1923
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Lost 46 64 26
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #1924
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

You can find a virtually point by point summary in the Livescore Thread
Anyway, Anett had good stats (although they seemed rather generous to both players on the UE count) but simply had too many lapses in concentration, wasn't good enough on the big points, didn't return well for most of the match and the same with her serving. Every break against her was basically from a lapse in concentration it seems and she didn't seem able to really get a massive momentum run going. I mean, after coming back from 4-4 0-30 in the 2nd to winning it, you would think she'd be able to start the 3rd well especially given Bencic didn't go into Bitch mode and take a MTO or Recovery Break but instead gets broken and looks to go down 0-3... This match really could/should have been hers and it is a shame that she had to end her quite nice Junior Career on a loss like that in the 3rd Round of a GS and not actually having the opportunity to win one. Still, Pros is what matters. I still really would have liked her to get her 1st Junior Grand Slam here though as I really think she deserves it and it could really kick-start a dominant boost. This won't do good things for her confidence but luckily she has some time off before Wrexham and based on the Woking field she should be able to play herself into form as she will be seeded. Normally she does well against Top Seeds Not today

Still, I didn't watch the match and Bencic appears to have played an amazingly solid match. If she could win Doubles we would get to see her on a Streamed Court with a Wimbledon Trtophy: a nice Consolation prize

EDIT: The Stats especially the Rally Stats, are very telling. It's nice to see them record it all given that the WTA barely does One Positive is that she has a better BP Won percentage than Bencic Most definitely not a GP Won one though
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1925
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
You can find a virtually point by point summary in the Livescore Thread
Anyway, Anett had good stats (although they seemed rather generous to both players on the UE count) but simply had too many lapses in concentration, wasn't good enough on the big points, didn't return well for most of the match and the same with her serving. Every break against her was basically from a lapse in concentration it seems and she didn't seem able to really get a massive momentum run going. I mean, after coming back from 4-4 0-30 in the 2nd to winning it, you would think she'd be able to start the 3rd well especially given Bencic didn't go into Bitch mode and take a MTO or Recovery Break but instead gets broken and looks to go down 0-3... This match really could/should have been hers and it is a shame that she had to end her quite nice Junior Career on a loss like that in the 3rd Round of a GS and not actually having the opportunity to win one. Still, Pros is what matters. I still really would have liked her to get her 1st Junior Grand Slam here though as I really think she deserves it and it could really kick-start a dominant boost. This won't do good things for her confidence but luckily she has some time off before Wrexham and based on the Woking field she should be able to play herself into form as she will be seeded. Normally she does well against Top Seeds Not today
yeah, I would love to have seen her win this trophy. perhaps she'll do better in doubles. i have in fact seen her play in Wimbledon singles and she made a fantastic impression at the time (think it was 2011), eyes burning with passion, lots of fist pumping and all that aggression on the court. as to her chances as a pro, who knows what the future will bring. it's a tough and crooked road from juniors to seniors. i really wish her well!
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1926
country flag muusa

She lost to Garcia back in 2011 and to Bouchard in 2012. Then we could console ourselves that the opponents were older, but now she is unfortunately being beaten by younger guns (Siniakova at AO, now Bencic etc) already which is quite sad.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1927
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

I gotta admire you Ching, you're almost as optimistic as i am pessimistic. After all that Anett praising, you got proven wrong by a 15year old and you don't care. It's gotta be a great way to live when you can see only the good stuff and leave the bad behind as if it never happened. Don't ever change kid, it's the right way to live.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1928
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
I gotta admire you Ching, you're almost as optimistic as i am pessimistic. After all that Anett praising, you got proven wrong by a 15year old and you don't care. It's gotta be a great way to live when you can see only the good stuff and leave the bad behind as if it never happened. Don't ever change kid, it's the right way to live.
Thank you?
No but seriously, Bencic obviously played a good match and Anett was still really close: only 10 points difference. I don't think that you should give up on players, especially those as inconsistent as Anett, based on one result.

I am not sure there is a right way to live about it but I gues its better to believe than not to Maybe you should try it
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1929
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
No but seriously, Bencic obviously played a good match and Anett was still really close: only 10 points difference.
Btw she made 11 DFs - so there went those 10 points basically
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1930
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Btw she made 11 DFs - so there went those 10 points basically
IK her Double Faults are really becoming an issue. They seem to rise and fall with her confidence level. She needs Silver to teach her how to serve I have seen her in matches though and in general she needs a safer 2nd Serve because she hits it quite hard and very flat...

BTW, does anyone know why Anett is playing such a limited schedule... She still has quite a few tournaments left IIRC...
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1931
country flag muusa

About the limited schedule, I have wondered as well and so have other people. In Delfi comments someone pointed out that Anett has played 33 singles matches this year, whereas Bencic for example has played 70 (juniors and pros both summarized).

If I have calculated correctly, she can still play 10 tournaments this year. She could have entered also Woking for example
Is it really about limited budget?
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #1932
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
About the limited schedule, I have wondered as well and so have other people. In Delfi comments someone pointed out that Anett has played 33 singles matches this year, whereas Bencic for example has played 70 (juniors and pros both summarized).

If I have calculated correctly, she can still play 10 tournaments this year. She could have entered also Woking for example
Is it really about limited budget?
I highly doubt its budget. She could win back the accommodation cost of playing in Woking relatively easily and she has played in some far-fetched places before. Also, isn't her dad really rich and she is well sponsored and Miami would have given tonnes of prize money. I am still in awe that her parents let her keep her prize money: over $17,000 this year and over $8000 from Miami really should be spent on travelling.

If she is struggling financially just play tournaments in France, Italy and Germany and catch trains everywhere That would be a fun way to play tennis

EDIT: I can't believe it but every QF is apparently being streamed
Anett always misses out on streams by 1 match
Burnie, Wimbledon, Wimbledon last year, Miami

EDIT 2 :
There has been no comment by Anett on Social Media or to any media source on her loss
Also, does anyone either have her match vs Silich and/or Linette or know if Delfi still has it? They really could/should have posted it after the match

Last edited by chingching : Jul 4th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1933
country flag muusa

Delfi left Wimbledon as soon as Kaia's last match was over, so no more long interviews unfortunately. I suppose Anu will make one once Anett gets back

They won doubles today and are in QF now, but no way in hell will they pass Bencic/Uberalova.

Wrexham entry list is also out, currently she is on the alts, but quite likely she will be in MD in the end.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1934
country flag chingching

Anett's match will be streamed
I am very excited to see this

If they play their best I see no reason why they can't win They did win a 25K

As for Wrexham, she is the 9th Player if only P1s are counted and is comfortably in MD if it's P1s and P2s

I really don't know shy she didn't play Woking instead because if she fails in that tournament she has time to regroup but if she does well it means she won't be tired for Donets'k. Also, she may have to play Qualies there (unlikely though) so she may not even get to play
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #1935
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

per chingching's request

TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote