Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM   #211
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

Now that Serena is gone, my bet is on Petra and Sabine in the final.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM   #212
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Maria made it to the semis of AO and the finals of FO. I'm not in panic mode and neither should anyone else. (Unless Dimi impregnates her or something).
Exactly. We should all just keep calm and carry on.

Personally I kinda want Aga to win, just to see how mad everyone gets.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #213
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Agi win. I've never hated her like other people here do. And that loss Maria had to her in Miami didn't even register in my top 10 most disappointing defeats. Agi was just a lot better and smarter in that match.

And she did manage her way into the final here last year, so she's certainly capable. There's still some big hitters left out there, so we'll have to see how her game would hold up.

But Sabine is still my preference now. It's too bad she still has 3 more matches she'd have to get through and it would be a shame if she'd have nothing to show for dethroning Serena in the end. Can she avoid the post-Serena letdown and stay mentally strong and focused?
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:04 PM   #214
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska's got this - you can bank on it And it would be really cool too - a throwback style of tennis triumphing against all that amazone power of today. And the grass is very slowww these days too...one more advantage to the fake blonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:22 PM   #215
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Agi win. I've never hated her like other people here do. And that loss Maria had to her in Miami didn't even register in my top 10 most disappointing defeats. Agi was just a lot better and smarter in that match.

And she did manage her way into the final here last year, so she's certainly capable. There's still some big hitters left out there, so we'll have to see how her game would hold up.

But Sabine is still my preference now. It's too bad she still has 3 more matches she'd have to get through and it would be a shame if she'd have nothing to show for dethroning Serena in the end. Can she avoid the post-Serena letdown and stay mentally strong and focused?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Radwanska's got this - you can bank on it And it would be really cool too - a throwback style of tennis triumphing against all that amazone power of today. And the grass is very slowww these days too...one more advantage to the fake blonde

Oh how nice. I don't know how to handle this Aga love. Quick, someone call her a disgusting pusher so I can defend her!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #216
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone call for a Radwanska hater?

I still don't really see her taking the title tbh. Even aside from the deficiencies in her game, I'm not actually sure she's mentally tough enough to take it... she's choked or been uncharacteristically error-prone in quite a few big matches in her career.

Kvitova's probably my favourite player of those left, but I'm actually not sure I want her winning this, purely because I think if she managed to win a Slam while still being so half-assed and unfit, that she'd take the wrong message away from it. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bartoli take it, I've always had a soft spot for her. And I don't think it's impossible either, if she manages to avoid the nightmare match-up of Radwanska in the final.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #217
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

god plz save us from a radwanska victory lol

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM   #218
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

The entire top 3 out before the QF's.

Maria failed at both Slams this year where Serena lost. This makes her loss sting even more actually.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #219
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the draw doesnt look favorable for her, its probably now or never for Agatha to prove she is actually an elite player and can step on the biggest stages (even if opponents are not from the highest tier).
Or remain a forever fluke and wait until another wide ass open draw shows up when she turns 28-29.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #220
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
The entire top 3 out before the QF's.

Maria failed at both Slams this year where Serena lost. This makes her loss sting even more actually.
I think Mexicola had it right (for once ): with the form Maria showed in her 2 matches here, she was never coming close to sniffing the trophy, Serena or no Serena.

It's the Australian Open that still frustrates me: such flawless tennis in her first few matches, but then just completely AWOL in the semifinal. I still think if she'd just been mentally a little tougher in that SF and been just a little more clutch on those key points in the 2nd set, that Li could've been close to cracking, and then maybe Maria could've rediscovered her form from earlier in the tournament in the final.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:24 PM   #221
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

AO was a missed opportunity for sure...the way she was playing before that SF was simply breathtaking - I've never seen her being so focused, determined and sharp since 08 AO. And then that miserable match against Li happened She lost ALL important points of the match and her return game was AWOL again (the same as against Burrito). It's these sort of matches that get you facepalming about WTA tennis. Maria's game is there, but her mind and concentration go wondering on so many occasions...a pity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM   #222
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone but Radwanska and Stephens are fine by me.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM   #223
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

if aga or li na win the title i won't watch tennis anymore

i don't hate them, just i would throw up to see them with dish parading around, and plus aga doesn't even have a ggame for grass not even serve, and cheering for her to win li na who is the biggest choker ever no thanks..

i hope that kvitova ot lisicki can save me of that disaster

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM   #224
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I'm unhappy The only QF I was dying to see was Aga's and they scheduled it first when I'm at work Will have to follow livescores
If you love someone, you tell them
Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing
Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems
Even if you're scared that it'll burn you life to the ground, you say it
And you say it loud
Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #225
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Seeing that Serena lost I remember being quite excited about her potentially facing Lisicki thinking she could pull off the upset. I'm happy for her because I am tired of Serena dominating all year, but I can't help thinking how had not Maria blown it, this would have been her slam and that most likely after this loss Serena will be extremely motivated for the USO.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote