Ana Konjuh - Page 197 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #2941
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Unfortunately, a chance for her to finish the year as #1 is very slim due to a number of circumstances. She'll most likely play the role which Serena played on the Pro Tour in 2011 - playing the best tennis, but not playing often enough to be #1. Oh well, I guess we'll have to settle with an ocassional title or two... Kidding, just get healthy Ana, everything else will sort itself out
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #2942
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

http://www.hts.hr/novosti/1890-ana-c...jiti-wimbledon Goal is to win Wimbledon, she feels more experienced because of the last year appearance, taking one step at a time, her parents are arriving on monday, and will be big support for her
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #2943
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
http://www.hts.hr/novosti/1890-ana-c...jiti-wimbledon Goal is to win Wimbledon, she feels more experienced because of the last year appearance, taking one step at a time, her parents are arriving on monday, and will be big support for her
Nice goal, and if you asked me after the AO i would say no problem, piece of cake, but now i don't see it happening.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2944
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she just won a 25K without her first serve. i think she can do it
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2945
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Nice goal, and if you asked me after the AO i would say no problem, piece of cake, but now i don't see it happening.
Have a little faith man You've been underestimating her at RG too, you were talking about how she can't get past Uberalova and Kasatkina, and she has defeated both of them.Of course, she was tired of all those matches in Maribor and Paris( including doubles).Now she has a week of training behind her instead, she is injured, but well rested. If she can beat Khromacheva 3 and 1 with her second serve( even though she made 10 DF's), I think Ana has a nice chance to get a final here. I don't know why you're so sure about Benčič taking the title. She can be kicked out by Anett in third round Of course, same thing can happen to Ana, it's sport. So, like Ana said, ONE STEP AT A TIME
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #2946
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
she just won a 25K without her first serve. i think she can do it
And i think Bencic (or Kontaveit if by some miracle she can pass Bencic) is too much for them all. I had hopes Taylor can stop this ridiculous domination but after that easy Roehampton loss i really don't have any hopes for this event. Just don't see Ana can break as many times as she can lose her serve. Everything is a struggle when you can't rely on your own serve (FFS she lost serve 3 times to Parazinskaite (who ?), needless to say more)
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #2947
country flag yenac

We've seen many times big players on big stage struggling in the early rounds, and then raising the trophy in the end. You must remember Čilić on AO 2010 who needed 5 sets to beat 17-year old Tomic- back then nothing more than a top class junior, after that he defeated Delpo and Roddick to reach his only GS semis.Ana will get better, she had troubles with some no name Japanese Adachi in second round of AO and then won the tournament with only one lost set on the way to the title. Don't compare her matches on RG to Wimbly. Surface is not the only thing that makes difference. In Paris Ana couldn't raise her form one match after another because she could've been only more tired and exhausted. Totally different circumstances. Ana's domination started with loss to Lottner, and ended up in Paris against same player. Belinda's last loss in junior tournaments was to Ana in QF of Orange Bowl 6:4 6:2, I think it's fair that Ana ends it the way she started it
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #2948
country flag Bleeth

It's not about struggling in the early rounds, she easily loses her serve in any round and to anyone (no way that could be an advantage when the match is close). Can she win it ? Sure she can. But i wouldn't give her more than 10% at this state.

Last edited by Bleeth : Jun 29th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #2949
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And i think Bencic (or Kontaveit if by some miracle she can pass Bencic) is too much for them all. I had hopes Taylor can stop this ridiculous domination but after that easy Roehampton loss i really don't have any hopes for this event. Just don't see Ana can break as many times as she can lose her serve. Everything is a struggle when you can't rely on your own serve (FFS she lost serve 3 times to Parazinskaite (who ?), needless to say more)

You just watch my friend

BTW, I am sorry I haven't commented yet but I was playing some ITFs and Opens tournaments and had no internet: WELL DONE!!! This is a great achievement and except for Ferrer-Suarez (where she showed amazing fighting ability) she really put everyone in their place

Really looking forward to what's ahead

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #2950
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post

You just watch my friend

BTW, I am sorry I haven't commented yet
Someone needs your comments
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2951
country flag Bleeth

Quote:

You just watch my friend
Really hope you're right but judging by your past predictions you're not the most objective person when Anett is concerned.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #2952
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Ana's website gets completely redesigned http://www.anakonjuh.net/
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #2953
country flag safinator

safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice

Quote:
It's not about struggling in the early rounds, she easily loses her serve in any round and to anyone (no way that could be an advantage when the match is close). Can she win it ? Sure she can. But i wouldn't give her more than 10% at this state.
Haven't followed this topic for some time, so don't know if you mentioned her interview where she said she only uses second serve and she's unable to serve with power 'cause of that arm/elbow problems. And that's the reason she gets broken so much, but it also says how dominant she is when she can easily win matches even without first serve.
safinator is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #2954
country flag Bleeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by safinator View Post
Haven't followed this topic for some time, so don't know if you mentioned her interview where she said she only uses second serve and she's unable to serve with power 'cause of that arm/elbow problems. And that's the reason she gets broken so much, but it also says how dominant she is when she can easily win matches even without first serve.
Yep, the issues are well known, that's why i don't have too much faith for this Wimbly.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #2955
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You just watch my friend

BTW, I am sorry I haven't commented yet but I was playing some ITFs and Opens tournaments and had no internet: WELL DONE!!! This is a great achievement and except for Ferrer-Suarez (where she showed amazing fighting ability) she really put everyone in their place

Really looking forward to what's ahead
What kind of ITF was that? How did you go?

Its funny I think I saw someone say she has a really tough draw and might lose to Ostapenko. How many girls in the draw have won a 25K.

I was thinking my fave made the final last year. Maybe she should have entered this time and tried to win it.
Melange is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread